Sign in to follow this  
Jamz

'Friendly' button

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but I'd like to see a friendly button implimented into Dayz. Like a command, you'd be able to hit a key and your guy would shout 'friendly' and wave, then lower or holster his gun. I realise that a button which just says friendly could be misused by bandits (as in voice chat where people will say it even if they're going to perforate you) so an automated function which stows your weapon automatically should avoid this. I would think most people with mics would continue to use them to make contact but for beginners or people without mics this would be a good addition I think!

Maybe even other command buttons could be added, like one for bandits to hold people up before they steal stuff from them, or a 'dance monkey boy!' button if you wanted to shoot at their feet...

• Like 1

I really don't see the point of a such thing, just duck down behind something, write "Friendly?", double-press Ctrl to holster your weapon, go show yourself to the person and get killed.

I think something like that would be tough to implement without having it abused. It also takes away from immersion.

I agree, something like simply pressing 1 to open up a menu with a few things you could do and then pressing for example 1 again to do the friendly stuff.

Also, moar shits n' giggles when you're messing around with your squad. Spam friendly, lay down on a steep hill, point your gun at the sky and roll around, you know, the usual stuff.

Hello there

Hot keys or a "rose dial" for common coms would be ideal for those of us unable to use a mic. A good idea IMHO but needs work.

Any coms can be misused so there's no issue there.

Rgds

LoK

EDIT: or make a coms rose that we can enter our own common phrases in.

User choice is key.

Edited by orlok

I figured it would be a quick and easy way of broadcasting your intentions because a lot of first contact situations in this game require you to do this as fast as possible. Seconds can mean life or death when a gun is pointed at you so a set command could save your life... or at least postpone your death for a few seconds :)

I like the idea, but you can only present yourself as friendly so many times and get burned so many times till you have to go Rick Grimes on sight.

Direct channel + mic?

Salute animation?

double ctrl to lower weapon?

Edited by Zeppa

You're going to be backstabbed anyways, so there's no need.

Id like it if they implemented a reputation or a karma system.

Like you could only use the "Friendly Button" if you had a good reputation aka not that many murders.

Needs "Friendly Suit" lol, black dove on white arm band? Perhaps takes a tool-slot, always active if in tool belt, non active while in inventory/backpack.

Once you are identified as a 'care bear' you will just make an easy target... best to keep it a secret.

Well, you don't ever have to use it, it would be an option. And lets be honest, if someones going to KOS you it won't matter what you do anyway :) this would be useful if you happen to meet someone who might not want to kill you. It got me thinking when I came face to face with a guy on the fire house in Elektro earlier and for about 10 secs there was a standoff while we both faced each other. He didn't shoot even though I had my gun on him so I slowly backed out and left him to it, if I had taken any longer he probably would have opted to shoot to be on the safe side and a quick signal could have difused the whole situation. We still wouldn't be trusting each other but hey at least no unnecessary boomstickery occurred...