Sign in to follow this  
morgan32

Devs working on standalone, what's your opinion?

What has RC got to do with the dayz team that by him making money from his video's makes them not much better than the DayZ team?

Thats what i'm asking.

Christ almighty you read between the lines way to much.

Some guy stated Rhino-thingy has a financial interested in DayZ, I asked for a link backing up his claim and giving information on the nature of these interests.

Thats it.

If all Rhinos stake is pennies from video views, Cool. No problem.

IF Rhino HAS some other financial interests in DayZ and is set to profit directly from it as a product, Well, his hate campaign against WarZ becomes slightly fishy.

Understand?

As for the rest of your post/rant, I couldn't give two fucks about WarZ, on these forums, their own, etc.

Edited by Never

Thats what i'm asking.

Christ almighty you read between the lines way to much.

Some guy stated Rhino-thingy has a financial interested in DayZ, I asked for a link backing up his claim and giving information on the nature of these interests.

Thats it.

If all Rhinos stake is pennies from video views, Cool. No problem.

IF Rhino HAS some other financial interests in DayZ and is set to profit directly from it as a product, Well, his hate campaign against WarZ becomes slightly fishy.

Understand?

As for the rest of your post/rant, I couldn't give two fucks about WarZ, on these forums, their own, etc.

Rhino has a private server where he charges like $10 a month to play with him (on the server) I am not sure if this is indeed actually happening, (this is just my hearsay btw don't know and don't care) Only guy I'd ever pay to play with would be my evil twin... DAMN YOU PENCILDRAGON!!

Dude rhino goes out of his way to provide servers for public and private players of the mod community, If you dont like his videos dont watch them, theirs plenty of people with the same ideas and views as him on youtube don't assume people have financial interest.

Back to the topic, i agree on what dean said. Hand the mod over to the community and let them fix the bugs and mod the maps etc etc. BUT standalone deserves 110% of the power

Dude rhino goes out of his way to provide servers for public and private players of the mod community, If you dont like his videos dont watch them, theirs plenty of people with the same ideas and views as him on youtube don't assume people have financial interest.

So some dude makes a vague comment about financial interests i ask him for proof and i'm the cunt? Nice work guys.

I will buy the standalone now, I would've bought it 2 months ago and I will buy it when it drops at the end of this year. I was late to the party but I love the vision that has gone into creating DayZ. It's only downfall has been that it was too successful to be just a mod. It's been clear for a long time that it needs it's own platform and that's exactly what the dev team has been working on these last few months. A lot of people are bemoaning the lack of added features, not me, you don't need spinning rims when the engine is about drop out of the chassis. Features can come, and must come, after the heavy-lifting.

Like others I share the worry about vulnerabilities but I also realize significant work is being done to shore the standalone up in the most significant areas. There's lots of conjecture about whether or not it will be enough, but it's not something anyone will truly know until the release.

So some dude makes a vague comment about financial interests i ask him for proof and i'm the cunt? Nice work guys.

No, you're a cunt for entirely unrelated reasons. :D Sostronk has a penchant for the melodramatic don't take it too seriously.

RhinoCrunch takes money to host a server WITHOUT hackers. Hosting something without hackers is impossible, but he does regular administrating, got a webpage, yeah what not. Let him do his YouTube job without putting him in bad light.

My goal until the Standalone is released is to get both Rocket and Matt to give me their beans, I want those.

You don't need spinning rims when the engine is about drop out of the chassis.

I like what you did there.

Edited by morgan32

They said the standalone should be out this year. And yeah stop working on the mod because you can't do 1/2 the stuff you want to because of being tied to ARMA 2. The game is finie as is for now we can wait for the standalone if it means it will be that much better with 100% of the time spent going towards it not trying to figure out how you can get stuff to work around the Arma 2 patches that come out like every other day.

Edited by Weedz

They said the standalone should be out this year.

In my post I said it will very likely be before Christmas, also said in the interview.

Matt wants to move to Sealand but he can't find enough windshield to stop his heli leaking. ;)

• Like 1

Matt, don't try to hide, I can see you're giving out beans to people around here.

Its nice to hear a proper definition of what "the Minecraft development model" is, since I have never played that game and can't find a definition of that phrase anywhere online.