Sign in to follow this  
BJoverkill

100% NEW! Couple Questions.

Hey!

I just tried The War Z Alpha and it's too buggy to play yet... but i've always dreamed of a Game like this so I thought i'd give this a go!

Downloading Arma 2... but now i'm gonna download the combined version as well of Arma 2 Combined (whatever it's called lol)

It's all still downloading, but i've never really done mods on games before and it's been so long since i've been a PC gamer (using Bootcamp on Mac now)

Can anyone suggest any solid tutorials I could follow to get Day Z to work properly and smoothly?

Would be much appreciated! Can't wait to see you all online. :)

I would use Sixlauncher, it will install the game for you. Also, well done, WarZ is shit.

• Like 1

For installation, Just Install DayZ commander and run the installers from there.

For basic tutorials, you should go for the ArmA2 Basic Training. Then to get a grip for weapons and vehicles head for the armory. And playing the campaign wouldn't hurt either. (Trust me, If you came from BF3, CoD or any first person face-to-face kinda game, you won't see who's shooting you as they are mostly 300m-500m away. the campaign will help you to adjust)

Now for DayZ tutorials, Just watch videos of players like Sacriel, Oshi7, Fhrope or any other DayZ streamers/YouTubers. They can help alot and pretty entertaining too.

Use DayZ Commander, Sixlauncher is way too confusing and advanced, DayZ commander was also made only for DayZ. Aswell as that you can also download all the maps there.

• Like 1

the tutorials you could follow often contain misleading tips or outdated information, the best course of action is to find someone to play the game with and discover the game by yourself. If you really have little time to play, you could read these forums for tips but there is no comprehensive wiki/tutorial or knowledge base to fall on when needed, as all tips are scattered around.

on a side note: if you need someone to show you the ropes without spoiling too much for you I'm always available, contact me through PM.

Edited by Pie Flavor

DayZ Commander is definitely more useful to the casual DayZ gamer than PlaywithSix. For general game info, the DayZ Wiki is always your friend (if you bought the Steam version, use the overlay). As mentioned above, Sacriel's YouTube channel is awesome, I learned a lot just by watching his hilarious vids. There are also a few guides out there, but really the best is to simply start playing and don't get frustrated, because you will die... a lot. There will be bugs, as this is still an alpha release, and there will be cheaters, although cheating has gone down drastically recently.

Can you tell us more about your experience with The War Z? What was buggy about it? Did you interact with other players, and if so, how did it go? And want about this in-game currency? I'm convinced WarZ is a huge pile of crap but I'd like to hear someone's opinion who has actually played the game.

Look at the parent menu to this forum - there is something stickied called "Index of helpful threads".

Do all those.

Download, as in your bought-digital copy or just downloading?

How to install DayZ

How to DayZ to work as a Steam Game (links to the same page but different spot)

Map to look-over while you wait for your D/L to complete.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page Check the weapons-page (more importantly, the noise each weapon makes ^_^ and the town page (cause it shows the towns name in Russian&English :lol: )

Since the talk is about Commander or Launcher, I have a question about the DayZ maps and these two programs. Lingor, Panthera..What programs installs the right maps? I used Commander, no worries. Read on this site how SixLauncher is supported one so I start 'updating' (and I guess 're'installing) DayZ. Thought Launcher had a nice interface, way easy/cool to see what was installed/needs to be installed/updated...But now I cant play Lingor..States Im missing crap from ibr_lingor but I cant even...meh..What one for 'official'/right maps?

Since the talk is about Commander or Launcher, I have a question about the DayZ maps and these two programs. Lingor, Panthera..What programs installs the right maps? I used Commander, no worries. Read on this site how SixLauncher is supported one so I start 'updating' (and I guess 're'installing) DayZ. Thought Launcher had a nice interface, way easy/cool to see what was installed/needs to be installed/updated...But now I cant play Lingor..States Im missing crap from ibr_lingor but I cant even...meh..What one for 'official'/right maps?

Commander is the best one to use. As for installing lingor through commander, I've been having problems on it as well and I haven't been able to download it at all since it updated to v1.0

nononononono

Please use DayZ Commander, it is so much better.

Six Launcher is good for people who play the base game with mods, it's extremely helpful.

But yes, if your only gonna be playing DayZ, your better off getting DayZ Commander.

I would use Sixlauncher, it will install the game for you. Also, well done, WarZ is shit.

Sixlauncher to complicated i suggest useing DayZCommader giveing you more options

To the people saying sixlauncher is too complicated

What the fuck? You click "Update dayz" which is the first fucking option on the screen, then you press launch and join a server. How is that complicated?

You must mean sixupdater, which isn't really complicated at all, very simple if you watch a couple youtube videos. I'd recommend using sixupdater or dayzcommander, last time I looked at playwithsix it only had lingor and chernarus. Dayzcommander and sixupdater do all of the maps.