mattlightfoot

New Standalone Screenshots released

Just hope there arent many laundry machines scattered around my house xD

On another note, THANKYOU, trust rocket to release screenshots on the eve of WarZ's release ahah, awesome work :)

I can see this affecting gameplay. People hole up in a house for the night, bandits attack the house, riddle the outsides with bullets, just like an old cowboy-style shootout. Bloodstains are left on the walls, as a memoir to others.

Cant wait for somemore screenshots!!

Edited by Shad0w_St3p

great progress guys! hey, and i was wondering if you could turn on the TV or radio and there would be static or looped messages telling about the zombies.... freaky. or even dead corpses on a couch "watching" TV while the TV is still playing, and that there is a zombie inside the house.... somewhere....

Really really nice work guys. Looks like you took a page from the walking dead for some of the designs, and that is awesome! Can't want for the final product!

This looks fantastic I can't wait for the release!

After reading Rocket mention "The road" I'm even more excited about the direction of this game. Keeping the game in an authentic looking Russia is a must! It screams survival.

My Dayz wish is that the zombies are more dangerous, brutal and in larger numbers particulary in city areas. While still enabling solo play & bandits, encourage players to form alliances more (safety in numbers) instead of the constant single player kill on sight mentality that plagues the mod.

Great job Rocket and Team you've won over one more PS3 player.

did i accidently missed the info, that they won't use the new vr engine as arma3 ?

You did. They're gonna use the engine of "Take On Helicopters" which is an enhanced Arma2 engine fit it to DayZ. Info is out for weeks now if not more than a month.

Looking good.

I agree with the idea of giving the interiors a lived in look. I like the idea of them having an almost violent-theme to them. Nothing over the top, just to show that a struggle may have taken place inside the building.

Could be a random blood stain, a body, furniture piled up against a door, a nailed shut door, someone hanging from the rafters, broken furniture, a smashed TV lying on a dead zombies head, bullet holes in the wall, a scrawled message for help.....things like that. Something that tells a story in the players mind.

• Like 1

Will there be new large industrial/commercial type buildings that can be entered?

An alternative Supermarket perhaps?

Edited by Drunk Guy

Maybe when you make them look more "lived" in you can knock down some of the doors. Maybe also add a few static dead Zed at a bathroom door like someone had a last stand there.

Looks good, but I dislike the fact that there is still gravel and earth inside the building, that stuff really ruins my... How would you put this... I guess the experience in general... it breaks the mood and makes me feel disjointed from the game, and causes it to lose atmosphere... But that is just my opinion, other than that, they look amazing, even the Normal settings look better than the high in DayZ Mod.

Interior work in progress screenshots taken from inside DayZ standalone.

Please note these are work-in-progress shots, with only basic texture work and initial lighting passes. I picked a random town in the game and took screenshots of a few of the houses. The screenshots are taken on “Normal” graphic settings (medium texture resolution) and are unaltered and uncropped.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/33639244299/interior-work-in-progress-screenshots-taken-from

i think there needs to be more fog and haze to the environment and less bloom in the lighting.

It's looking quite good. Can't wait to see some shots with zeds.

Looks great. Keep up the good work!

If the hotel in Cherno allows players to go on every floor and explore all the rooms in just that one building, I'd be a happy guy. :)

Plus it'd totes make it harder to spot a sniper in, which is always fun :D

I love the pics, however the interias are to..um...can't fondle the word..they don't look like they were hastily left enough.

There are some good inside house shots on this website, inside schools etc, very irie.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

I am on my phone atm, when I go on me pc I will put up direct link to the pics I mean.

But this site is brilliant, lot of post nuclear disaster images, vehicles left...bla bla, chikkit out id like to feel lie I feel when I see some of these images.

Pictures of family still on the mantle piece or on the walls, picture of Stalin on the wall, or whatever:lol:

Shoes lying about.

Old couple still in their beds,dead, decaying, but still holding hands.

Sad reminders of the human tragedy.

Right gone on enough....

Looking great, having all the buildings enterable will make such a bit difference to Chernarus.

My only hope is that because of all these new indoor spaces that loot doesn't become too prevalent and therefore make it too easy to gear up, half the fun of this game is the search and pleasure of finding the thing you've been looking ages for.

I imagine (hope) that with the introduction of interiors, the loot that is found will have to have a fair amount of trash OR to be construction related loot, planks of wood, pack of nails, bits of wire mesh that sort of thing (items of clothing shouldn't be uncommon either)?

Also a note to the devs should they read this, PLEASE have the loot in openable drawers and cupboards not just placed on the floor, would make the game 100% more immersive finding another player in a room going through the drawers facing away from the door! :D

Edited by JamesButlin

Love it. Eventually we got some news :).

And rocket I approve "The road" movie. I love that movie and seen it few times. I hope Dayz game will have the same atmosphere as that movie.

Good work.