Publik

Rocket I love you: Going out of bounds - exploit or acceptable?

Also to the other person claiming that its "cheating" needs to look up what the word means.

I agree... It is merely "gaming the game"' date=' exploiting a loophole in the game system that allows things, not originally intended by devs, to be done. Enaver, I am sorry to say, but eventually this will be fixed in a way or another. Unless of course the devs consider it ok.. which I [b']seriously doubt. So enjoy while you can.

Thats just it though its not a loop hole, if it was not intended to be entered then we would have a timer mechanic, but alas we don't so its fine.

Anyone can go there its not a VIP area.

I agree... It is merely "gaming the game", exploiting a loophole in the game system that allows things, not originally intended by devs, to be done. Enaver, I am sorry to say, but eventually this will be fixed in a way or another. Unless of course the devs consider it ok.. which I seriously doubt. So enjoy while you can.

I'll have you know my base is within the borders. Which means "if" the devs considered it a exploit then I am perfectly okay.

Explain to me how venturing out to the wilderness is bypassing "the" core game mechanics?

If they were not meant to be ventured into then you wouldn't be able to do so. I'm quite amazed how many people claim to know what rocket wants/thinks.

If you disconnect while being shot at .... that is in the games mechanics

If you duplicate tents while making a tent ... that is in the games mechanics

If you server swap to loot barraks and kill players from behind .... that is in the games mechanics

If you disconnect in a fire fight to swap servers and move then reconnect behind your enemy .... that is in the games mechanics

If you log out to lobby then back in to rearm you SD gun .... that is in the games mechanics

If you place a base/vehicle of the map boundaries .... that is in the games mechanics

Just because .... that is in the games mechanics Does not make it right...

Someone get this man a medal. That is all.

Explain to me how venturing out to the wilderness is bypassing "the" core game mechanics?

If they were not meant to be ventured into then you wouldn't be able to do so. I'm quite amazed how many people claim to know what rocket wants/thinks.

If you server swap to loot barraks and kill players from behind .... that is in the games mechanics

If you disconnect in a fire fight to swap servers and move then reconnect behind your enemy .... that is in the games mechanics

If you log out to lobby then back in to rearm you SD gun .... that is in the games mechanics

If you place a base/vehicle of the map boundaries .... that is in the games mechanics

Oh god really? are we really comparing duping items to walking out of bounds?

buuu-huu i can't raid a hidden tent/base for gear im to lazy to find myself..

Better cry on the forum.. Derp..

Nothing else to say..

od really? are we really comparing duping items to walking out of bounds?

No we are comparing it to parking vehicles and tents 1h's drive of map.

i have no issue with beeing able to go of map while your online, but you better reset back to the mapedge if you log out or place something out there. the map areas are that large outside to support decent Airplane combat.

A 225km worrld is to small for modern jetfighter speeds.

Most the things you listed are bugs, which is completely different. As for the ones that are not bugs they have recently been found and are being fixed straight away, hinting the devs consider them exploits.

The map has been this huge for ages, and you have been able to venture into the wilderness. They haven't done or announced anything to be done about it. Hencing to me that it is allowed, not that I have done it.

Not sure why this thread is on 4 pages. It's a really simple discussion. The team has already stated out of bounds will be out of bounds. No vehicles or storage will save there.

This makes sense. It's obviously not designed to be part of the map. It's existence is an anomaly of design, not an intended part of the strategic map.

rocket has already said there will be other options for hiding gear such as digging caches in the ground that will be more easily hidden. However, existing options are not as bad as people suggest. I owned a truck myself for 12+ days by hiding it wisely, and this was on a server with name tags where vehicles can be spotted from 1000m out. Just think about where players go and what routes they take to get there and don't put your vehicle there. Also "up north" is what everyone thinks, so... don't do that.

What's left to discuss? I don't know...

They haven't done or announced anything to be done about it

Yes, they have. You can probably find it via 'search.' There is an open issue in the dev queue with an official response. The wilderness will cease saving vehicles and tents in a future patch so if you're using it as a base now, you best find a new one.

Thats just it though its not a loop hole, if it was not intended to be entered then we would have a timer mechanic

Except it's Alpha so we don't have all intended mechanics. This is obviously a hold-over from ARMA which limits your movement in other ways. It's very clearly not meant to be a part of the game. It's leftover texture/buffer zone to make room for jet dogfights and shit, not meant for ground based combat missions and certainly not appropriat efor DayZ, and it will be patched out soon as it should be.

I cant wait for the flood of baby tears when Rocket finally fixes it.

This.

It's amazing how people on one hand can complain about map size' date=' lack of [u']realism and immersion when trying to set up camp inside the borders, then in the same post go on about how uber - realistic their behaviour is when walking off the map into a giant zone of endless green hills and no vegetation.

It's amazing when people pull "facts" out of their arse. Could you please give me 2 examples of people on here supporting the idea of putting tents outside that have also posted a comment complaining about the lack of realism.

Not only are these people bypassing the core game mechanics behind the mod by hoarding stuff like that in zones that are not ment to be ventured into for a reason, these people are fucking with the respawn mechanics of vehicles as well. The more you stash them away in the weirdest places the less can be tested to find and squash out the bugs. 

As for your first question: RTFT.

Now since you obviously seem to know exactly what rocket wants/thinks, care to share it with us? That would be really generous of you. You can't? Well, you have just failed your selective reading class.

Fact is, the vehicle spawns and saving still does not work as intended: persistent. If you did something else (i.e. reading on these forums) than trying to justify game exploits you could have noticed that by now.

AFAIK the core mechanic of this is still meant to be spawn - scavenge -survive and not spawn - organize pick up - get 20 km of the map - get hoarded / duped gear - hoard and dupe some more outside the map.

The conclusion to this is simple anyways: it will be fixed and your tears will be delicious.

They haven't done or announced anything to be done about it

Yes' date=' they have. You can probably find it via 'search.' There is an open issue in the dev queue with an official response. The wilderness will cease saving vehicles and tents in a future patch so if you're using it as a base now, you best find a new one.

[/quote']

Good to know.

Sucks to be an exploiter now doesn't it :)

od really? are we really comparing duping items to walking out of bounds?

No we are comparing it to parking vehicles and tents 1h's drive of map.

i have no issue with beeing able to go of map while your online' date=' but you better reset back to the mapedge if you log out or place something out there. the map areas are that large outside to support decent Airplane combat.

A 225km worrld is to small for modern jetfighter speeds.

[/quote']

I would also like to note that my base is within the maps bounds, but i still see nothing wrong with people making bases to the far North>North-West.

The only issue i see is the limited vehicles, but apart from that i see no reason why people can't put in the effort and place a tent out there.

As for your first question: RTFT.

So yes, you were pulling facts out your arse.

Now since you obviously seem to know exactly what rocket wants/thinks, care to share it with us? That would be really generous of you. You can't? Well, you have just failed your selective reading class.

Again, making stuff up. Never have I said I know what rocket wants. Seems you have lowered your level to being abusive, quite pathetic really.

Fact is, the vehicle spawns and saving still does not work as intended: persistent. If you did something else (i.e. reading on these forums) than trying to justify game exploits you could have noticed that by now.

Point is? Vehicles not working properly does not directly affect the wilderness.

The conclusion to this is simple anyways: it will be fixed and your tears will be delicious.

Have fun with that. As I have stated before my base is within the map.

Someone's getting mad because he's to lazy to read the thread? Quite entertaining.

I have just prooven that you don't know either what rocket's plan is. If you play an argument like that, you got to be prepared for the counter. Nothing abusive in that, if you take that as an offense you may as well just leave. It's called discussing.

Point is that as long vehicles are stored - most of the times not even being used - they don't get destroyed, they don't get damaged, they don't respawn. With the spawns/saving still buggy and glitchy as it is, a selected, small group of players compared to the overall number screw the testing over that way. Is it really that hard to understand?

I will have fun watching the first threads go up once this is closed down. OMFG ROCKET I JUST DIED OUTSIDE THE MAP, CANT ACCESS MY STUFF NOW PLZ FIX!

Someone's getting mad because he's to lazy to read the thread? Quite entertaining.

I have just prooven that you don't know either what rocket's plan is. If you play an argument like that' date=' you got to be prepared for the counter. Nothing abusive in that, if you take that as an offense you may as well just leave. It's called discussing.

Point is that as long vehicles are stored - most of the times not even being used - they don't get destroyed, they don't get damaged, they don't respawn. With the spawns/saving still buggy and glitchy as it is, a selected, small group of players compared to the overall number screw the testing over that way. Is it really that hard to understand?

I will have fun watching the first threads go up once this is closed down. OMFG ROCKET I JUST DIED OUTSIDE THE MAP, CANT ACCESS MY STUFF NOW PLZ FIX!

[/quote']

Read the entire thread, searched under "boundries" + "Rocket" & saw nothing that states things are going to change or are under review. Please source.

Point is that as long vehicles are stored - most of the times not even being used - they don't get destroyed' date=' they don't get damaged, they don't respawn. With the spawns/saving still buggy and glitchy as it is, a selected, small group of players compared to the overall number screw the testing over that way. Is it really that hard to understand?

[/quote']

Why are you "again" bringing up the vehicle argument? I never said I disagree with that, in fact I agree its a problem. However it is not directly related to people camping out in the wilderness and it has no ground here.

The fact your saying I am getting mad is just a reflection of your own emotions.

You seem to lack the communication skills to continue this conversation so I am ending it.

Good day.

so lets understand it, the idea is to survive, once you master that, next meta gaming, loot hoarding, base building whatever your game.

the game map and the game itself is persistent like an mmo, what happens is the game world itself isn't safe against potentially any number of players to enter and explore the map for any amount of time, eventually someone will find your base if its in the known game world, since this isn't based on rounds but the idea that your one life is your only life, ppl want to hang onto what they have gained for as long as possible, if the game is cordoned off then it would be practically impossible to have a sustainable base without constant supervision, there just isn't anywhere in the game map that has a high enough chance that someone won't randomly stumble into it. which severely diminishes the point in even being able to build them, i would argue that with current features weighed the only 2 real reasons you need a base is for role playing, a good honest reason lots of ppl like doing that, or to gear up easily again when you die (and to ofc have a meeting place you and your buddies only know about) which makes sense really.

even so the argument is a good one.

(i don't even have a base btw but the idea of having one, one day, i just don't see it being possible unless its hidden somewhere obscure enough to make the cost vs reward of building it worth doing)

The problem is the area "off" the map is friggin HUGE. Its probably bigger than the map itself.

its an easy to fix to make that a killzone in the editor...im not sure how it would translate over to DayZ.

you really do think organized clans playing war up north will give a f*** or give you a single tear if tomorrow Rocket says: Nothing out of the map?

Man, guys who do that are those who act.

Tents are a problem, we can't hide theim because we can't place theim easily.

They sat, thought and take their tents up north in the outland while other were crying for days about glitched tents.

You won't get a tear from those guys, they don't have the time to cry they find solutions ;)

Read the entire thread' date=' searched under "boundries" + "Rocket" & saw nothing that states things are going to change or are under review. Please source.

[/quote']

Source: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32587

DayZ dev response. No more wilderness camps. "Deal with it."

It's a no-brainer. If it was meant to be part of the game, it would be populated with objects. That this discussion went on this long is an embarassment to everyone involved.

On the main page, it says a 225 km2 world, not 225 km2 + a bunch of uncharted land that is probably 2 or 3 times larger then the "world"

Read the entire thread' date=' searched under "boundries" + "Rocket" & saw nothing that states things are going to change or are under review. Please source.

[/quote']

Source: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32587

DayZ dev response. No more wilderness camps. "Deal with it."

It's a no-brainer. If it was meant to be part of the game, it would be populated with objects. That this discussion went on this long is an embarassment to everyone involved.

Thank you, if you're telling me to "deal with it" then you're in for a shock as i don't actually store tents/cars outside of the map.

On the main page' date=' it says a 225 km2 world, not 225 km2 + a bunch of uncharted land that is probably 2 or 3 times larger then the "world"

[/quote']

It's more infinitely larger than the world than 2 or 3 times.

I've already done 150km going completely north, and I only had to stop because I wouldn't have enough fuel to get back. And I have flown more than 10 min in a plane, going full speed, and there was always land.

And most of the out of the limit groups use duplicating a lot to get new fuel jerrycans, so they virtually have no limits in going off limits.

It's an exploit' date=' and I hope it gets fixed. I actually made a post about this in the suggestions forum earlier today. It isn't fair for a clan to stash all of the vehicles on the map outside of the boundaries a million miles away, where no player can reach it without jogging for hours.

[/quote']

Go back to Hello Kitty carebear.

So you're a carebear if you don't like exploits being used? I guess you are a carebear if you don't like it when people disconnect during firefights aswell?

The question in the title thread, Rocket or any Dayz staff able to answer/reply please?

Seems like a fair & relevant question, why leave us all guessing?