Publik

Rocket I love you: Going out of bounds - exploit or acceptable?

So yeah, on the topic of people going out of bounds (read: off the map in the empty area to the North and West). I hear and see a lot about people making tent cities and stashing everything off of the map. Is that an exploit or is it acceptable gameplay?

It s brilliant, why would it be an exploit?

They have nothing to loot, they have to get down some time to survive like you.

They build kinda cities... made of tents, barricade it... safe heaven. If they like that style of play man.. I don't see it like an exploit, I see it like a peacefull comunity trying to build something.

I don't think it's really an exploit as it's simple to just keep walking from the edge of the map, so your not glitching or anything to get out there. Doesn't mean that it isn't total cheese.

It's an exploit, and I hope it gets fixed. I actually made a post about this in the suggestions forum earlier today. It isn't fair for a clan to stash all of the vehicles on the map outside of the boundaries a million miles away, where no player can reach it without jogging for hours.

It fudges the gameplay quite a bit, but short of using a true island there's no real way to enforce any restrictions on it.

It's an exploit' date=' and I hope it gets fixed. I actually made a post about this in the suggestions forum earlier today. It isn't fair for a clan to stash all of the vehicles on the map outside of the boundaries a million miles away, where no player can reach it without jogging for hours.

[/quote']

Go back to Hello Kitty carebear.

Yep, that'll win him over to your point of view.

It fudges the gameplay quite a bit' date=' but short of using a true island there's no real way to enforce any restrictions on it.

[/quote']

Plenty of fixes. Here's one I pulled out of my ass just now: Zombies spawn en-masse pre-agro'd to anyone say 100m off the edge.

The question is more of should players be allowed out that way? There's nothing there, so you've got to have the logistics to supply yourself, but on the other hand you really don't stay there. It's used as a bank, and is kind of weak.

It fudges the gameplay quite a bit' date=' but short of using a true island there's no real way to enforce any restrictions on it.

[/quote']

Well it could be made an out of bounds area like you get in BF maps and such. I'm split on it tho. I don't really see it as an exploit, but stashing all of the vehicles up there is rather dickish.

How is this considered in Arma2? Is it acceptable there?

Plenty of fixes. Here's one I pulled out of my ass just now: Zombies spawn en-masse pre-agro'd to anyone say 100m off the edge

a friend was spawned 22km north west of 000,000

so you might be onto something, but not while bugs like that exist

How does the act of trying to hide tents hurt other players? What would be the point of a tent if you can't put it in obscure places?

For now there is no way to clean up a town, build city ect.

So for now it s fully legit to me.

That s part of what survivors can do.

No useless killing... but we keep da dam choppers in self-made bases ;)

How does the act of trying to hide tents hurt other players? What would be the point of a tent if you can't put it in obscure places?

Because there is a big difference between hiding a tent in a map that can still be stumbled across luckily by a player, and a tent/vehicles 20 km away from the map, which are completely unavalaible unless you have the coordinates.

Like a desert?

That s what it is.

Hiding stuff in a desert seems more than legit. No body dares to look for your shit or they risk your life. Nothing unreallistic in that

Because there is a big difference between hiding a tent in a map that can still be stumbled across luckily by a player' date=' and a tent/vehicles 20 km away from the map, which are completely unavalaible unless you have the coordinates.

[/quote']

People scour the area off the map all the time with the express purpose of finding tents. It's not unavailable. Anyone can go there.

You know that the length of the outside of the map is basically unlimited ?

You can travel 400 km without finding a single tent.

Unless you know the coordinates of the tents, you can walk all the day without finding anything.

For now there is no way to clean up a town' date=' build city ect.

So for now it s fully legit to me.

That s part of what survivors can do.

No useless killing... but we keep da dam choppers in self-made bases ;)

[/quote']

There's plenty of open space within the boundaries of the map to build a base where zombies don't spawn. Going out of bounds is unrealistic and abusive. This is clear to anyone with something in their skull besides chicken soup.

I really wonder about the people who can't tell the difference between finding an out of the way hiding spot, and walking past the edge of the map where no trees/buildings spawn anymore. I'm all for an invisible wall or something. You my say that's not realistic, but neither is an abrupt end of the map followed by a void.

I really wonder about the people who can't tell the difference between finding an out of the way hiding spot' date=' and walking past the edge of the map where no trees/buildings spawn anymore. I'm all for an invisible wall or something. You my say that's not realistic, but neither is an abrupt end of the map followed by a void.

[/quote']

Cliff face please. Only because I would feel really bad for anyone who accidentally flies a huey into an invisible wall.

Cosmic,it s the desert. There is nothing up there.

People who do that have to go in cities ect like you to find ressources, yes sometimes there is a goat... but I've never seen water.

So they have to take the chopper, or cars, raid a town and go back in the desert.

You can raid those spots too.

You can find a chopper and fly above desert to find theim.

Thoses bases are growing and growing, you will soon have war between those bases. It s a different gameplay up there with hierarchy ect.

Some people are shooting everywhere like dick, I don't like that gameplay, I don't condamn it.

Just open your mind neo... there is more in dayz than you think.

The bean doesn't exist.

See no point in removing this until you actually can build bases!

So you guys are moaning about that you cant find tent cities? Get a bike or a car, im pretty sure clans dont take every atv, bike, bus etc.!

Still haven't seen an argument as to how setting up tents far away hurts the game or other players. It's just taking an added precaution at the expense of having to travel a long, long way if you die (or even if you don't). What is the logic in condemning this action?