rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

Discussing maturity in a thread where people whine, moan and threaten over being banned legitimately? Yeah.. no.

[attachment=958]

Fact: not a single false positive has been detected by Battleye when reviews of logs requested

Fact: many people contact battleye admitting they hacked but begging to be unbanned

Fact: they do not get unbanned

look-at-all-the-fucks-i-give-meme-generator-look-at-all-the-fucks-i-give-4ca49d.jpg?1309208478.jpg

yeah' date=' how mature.

[/quote']

rage_comics_im_so_immature.png

You're all so funny for posting memes. Sigh. I just don't see how a system can be PERFECT, and how a developer such as rocket would practically troll us. Whatever, I'm done with playing DayZ anyways.

You're all so funny for posting memes. Sigh. I just don't see how a system can be PERFECT' date=' and how a developer such as rocket would practically troll us. Whatever, I'm done with playing DayZ anyways.

[/quote']

You're still wrongly connecting Rocket with Battleye banning. It'd be like complaining over a VAC ban on a source engine server.

The two are not linked - so stop it already. :rolleyes:

No, I'm not wrongly connecting the two. Yes, this was battleye's fault and not his. But all he does is troll us by posting memes. I just don't see why it's necessary.

No' date=' I'm not wrongly connecting the two. Yes, this was battleye's fault and not his. But all he does is troll us by posting memes. I just don't see why it's necessary.

[/quote']

He's just letting off steam after some 20 pages of utter retarded complaints aimed at the DayZ team for bans that are completely out of their control. This entire thread was in fact made because of such posts being spread across the forums.

When you stop acting like spoiled and entitled kids, "we'll" stop posting memes to ridicule your whining.

(Aimed at the general audience, not you specifically, Kiotie)

PS: Rocket isn't a BiS official - he can troll all he wants. We can start a discussion of whether developers should ever visit forums and make personal comments because people will always complain if they are positive or negative - but that is for a different thread.

Thanks for explaining that. Sorry for my ignorance. I guess I was just letting off steam myself.

Joined Chicago 5 hosted by robert/vipeax:

74vh3tj

My feelings were hurt.

Attempted to join Chicago 5 again:

cs8y3bf

Third times a charm?

79tpjky

At least now I know it's on their end. :D

!!!wasabouttogetallcrazyuponbattleye!!!

No' date=' I'm not wrongly connecting the two. Yes, this was battleye's fault and not his. But all he does is troll us by posting memes. I just don't see why it's necessary.

[/quote']

I think the point to that is to STOP posting about Battle eye bans on the DayZ forums. DayZ doesn't = Battle eye does it?

Having a laugh, while pissing on the most interesting comming out of pc gaming in years?

To quote rocket from this very forum

Where can i find that?

[/quote']

I think the point to that is to STOP posting about Battle eye bans on the DayZ forums. DayZ doesn't = Battle eye does it?

Yeah. Point taken. I'll stop. Sorry.

jeez

[/quote']

Yeah. Point taken. I'll stop. Sorry.

jeez

Wasn't a direct reply to you even though I quoted you personally, just a general answer to the question "why troll us". Didn't mean to seem like I was being harsh.

One thing is for sure' date=' Rocket shouldnt of gone on there and picked a fight.

Yeah hes mad, but going on there and ranting and doing what he did was a dumb move.

never wanna poke the bee's nest.

[/quote']

So whats dumb about it? or by poking the bees nest as you put it what is going to happen to him, or any other member of the DayZ Devs? some noob cheater is going to say something to hurt his or their feelings?....get over it. Anyone who cheated or used hacks deserve every bit of abuse they get and more on these forums...they wasted the game for a lot of good people and now you think it might hurt someones feelings if they get trolled over getting banned because they got caught cheating? What they need is a poke in both eyes with a sharp stick and a good kick in the stones...fuck the cheaters, the noobs and the so called hackers who try to waste an excellent mod for fair players...if they don't like getting trolled stay the hell out off this forum and quit whining about getting globally banned by an anti cheat system that has nothing to do with any of the DayZ guys....

The thing is' date=' you never even made a ban repeal request. I'm sure if you really didn't hack at all, you would of been curious as to why you were banned, and posted a topic on the forums, which you didn't.

[/quote']

I didn't make a ban appeal because like you said about me, you take me by a grain of salt. I took this ban like a grain of salt and moved on. I will be getting a new game, besides I'm funding BIS anyways by doing that and I get to change my starting name anyways. On top of that I Will even be able to change my IP address and go back into the NwO server and kick all their asses again just for the lulz. So don't worry mate. It's all happening for a reason why I am not asking for a ban appeal.

Besdies. NwO is a bunch of losers who get butt-hurt when they die.

"OH WHAI DID I DIEEEE?! WE HAVE 30 PEOPLE UP HEA AND I STILL DIEE ZOMG ZOMG HE HACKOR!!!!"

I scowl around on your website and I see a lot of people about cheaters that aren't really cheating. I'm looking forward to getting my second copy to kick NwO in the ass and get banned again for it. LOLOL

ONE MORE THING, I will even record it JUST so that when I do get banned for kicking NwO's ass, I will even be able to get proof that the admins are butt-hurt about it. Oh man just thinking about it makes me impatient for the weekend to go by so that I can get home from work and buy myself another copy of the game.

Hey Illu bloke, read here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10841&pid=99396#pid99396

Hint, your number 7 in that list. Anything to add to this thread?

That shows absolutely nothing.... So what, my name is on there. There is about a couple thousand players with the name illuminati, big whoop. Besides, I don't join European servers anyways.

images-320110725-22047-1aakbc6.jpeg

llama-stare-gif.gif

One thing is for sure' date=' Rocket shouldnt of gone on there and picked a fight.

Yeah hes mad, but going on there and ranting and doing what he did was a dumb move.

never wanna poke the bee's nest.

[/quote']

So whats dumb about it? or by poking the bees nest as you put it what is going to happen to him, or any other member of the DayZ Devs?

It's a combination of convenience and professionality. Being "i don't give a fuck" .. or even worse: "FU .. i'm better", isn't really smart.

First because of personal reason: if you're supposed to work in the videogame industry, splatting your face like this wouldn't sure help to build your image (if i ever to something like this, i would be fired the next day); second because you're not helping your project (and so the community linked to it).

You're "fighting" against: cheaters, hackers (minority), trolls.. what would be the consequence of keeping a fight (or just being childish) with them? You know the reply: they have nothing to loose, or even "better" it's what they wants (a challenge), so we'll end with server "nuked" and ppl abandonding the game because they won't die suddendly by an hacker/cheater hand.

I won't teach rocket how to do his work, it's his business, but MY OPINION (we're on a forum, so i can post it) is that this shouldn't be handled like this. Maybe he's really frustrated.. he's in mad.. he's feeling the "pressure".. if so, the best thing to do is to lock this type of threads and handle everything internally. The last thing you have to do is to start fight with ppl, posting ironic memes to makes fun of em, and especially not going on their forum(s). You're feeding and provoking otherwise.

Well... I'm glad for this because it finally ended the hacking in Arma 2 public servers too.

No it wasn't handled well, or professionally.

But this isn't a professional project. And I think that is why this is successful.

Will I learn from this? Maybe, I hope so. I'm just doing the best with what I have, the only real rule is that we're honest. So when we're trolling, we're trolling. I even take the time to go out to the different communities and post honest responses in their forums. That's a great risk, it is very easy to say something wrong or that people take the wrong way. But I do that because it's part of this.

At the end of the day, hackers/cheaters got banned. Mission success.

It's a combination of convenience and professionality. Being "i don't give a fuck" .. or even worse: "FU .. i'm better", isn't really smart.

First because of personal reason: if you're supposed to work in the videogame industry, splatting your face like this wouldn't sure help to build your image (if i ever to something like this, i would be fired the next day); second because you're not helping your project (and so the community linked to it).

You're "fighting" against: cheaters, hackers (minority), trolls.. what would be the consequence of keeping a fight (or just being childish) with them? You know the reply: they have nothing to loose, or even "better" it's what they wants (a challenge), so we'll end with server "nuked" and ppl abandonding the game because they won't die suddendly by an hacker/cheater hand.

I won't teach rocket how to do his work, it's his business, but MY OPINION (we're on a forum, so i can post it) is that this shouldn't be handled like this. Maybe he's really frustrated.. he's in mad.. he's feeling the "pressure".. if so, the best thing to do is to lock this type of threads and handle everything internally. The last thing you have to do is to start fight with ppl, posting ironic memes to makes fun of em, and especially not going on their forum(s). You're feeding and provoking otherwise.

Well...a bit of payback is all well and good for the noobs who infest the games industry by paying for hacks and scripts so they can think of themselves as a "hacker" in MY OPINION. What you are expecting from the DayZ Devs is totally unrealistic, they are not saints, they are just ordinary everyday guys doing their best to improve on a mod they developed that's constantly being exploited by morons so they can have their little bit of fun messing with everyone... What do you expect them to do after months of frustration trying to debug a mod? ...shrug their shoulders and say "oh well that's nice they are banned"....don't say anything after all the hassle and grief they have given us and every decent player in DayZ.... I think your mistaking Rocket for Mother Teresa mate....we don't live in a perfect world where everyone is nicey nicey to people who just slapped you in the face. You may be like that, but you cant expect everyone else to be....so in my opinion, Rocket and the rest of the guys are fully entitled to post their thoughts, meme's, trolls or whatever they feel like doing on this forum, its just as you so dutifully pointed out ...you are entitled to YOUR OPINION....THEY ARE ALSO.

Well...a bit of payback is all well and good for the noobs who infest the games industry by paying for hacks and scripts so they can think of themselves as a "hacker" in MY OPINION. What you are expecting from the DayZ Devs is totally unrealistic' date=' they are not saints, they are just ordinary everyday guys doing their best to improve on a mod they developed that's constantly being exploited by morons so they can have their little bit of fun messing with everyone... What do you expect them to do after months of frustration trying to debug a mod? ...shrug their shoulders and say "oh well that's nice they are banned"....don't say anything after all the hassle and grief they have given us and every decent player in DayZ.... I think your mistaking Rocket for Mother Teresa mate....we don't live in a perfect world where everyone is nicey nicey to people who just slapped you in the face. You may be like that, but you cant expect everyone else to be....so in my opinion, Rocket and the rest of the guys are fully entitled to post their thoughts, meme's, trolls or whatever they feel like doing on this forum, its just as you so dutifully pointed out ...you are entitled to YOUR OPINION....THEY ARE ALSO.

[/quote']

When handling this situation you should think:

- Why this is happening?

- The majority of em are really trolls or they have a "reason"?

- Did we gave em a reason to start?

- Are we giving them a reason to continue?

And the most important question, where a bunch of honesty and humility is required, is: do we really have the power to engage a war and WIN it? Because there's no sense to kill the 10% of your enemies to give the remaining 90% another good reason to rape your ass.

Don't confuse this with the cowardice, this is likely to turn on your brain and think to the consequence before taking a decision.

To resume the whole thing: did we aliminated completely the problem now? No we did not... or i may be totally wrong and no more hackers are left in the game and rocket is right: "mission accomplished".. i may be just too pessimist.

When handling this situation you should think:

- Why this is happening?

- Did we gave em a reason to start?

- Are we giving them a reason to continue?

And the most important question, where a bunch of honesty and humility is required, is: do we really have the power to engage a war and WIN it? Because there's no sense to kill the 10% of your enemies to give the remaining 90% another good reason to rape your ass.

Don't confuse this with the cowardice, this is likely to turn on your brain and think to the consequence before taking a decision.

To resume the whole thing: did we aliminated completely the problem now? No we did not... or i may be totally wrong and no more hackers are left in the game and rocket is right: "mission accomplished".. i may be just too pessimist.

Why should any fair player even give a thought to people who obviously don't care what other players think or see as being honest in the first place? so let the chips fall where they may.

- Why is this happening

Its happening because these Noobs don't care what you, me, rocket or anyone else thinks, they are out to please themselves, they don't abide by any rules that everyone else thinks of as being fair, honest and that enhances the gameplay for everyone. They are only interested in doing what they want. So why should anyone try to treat them as being fair and honest individuals when they get busted and start whinging about it on a forum, even after rocket makes a post saying please don't post your global bans here?.

Maybe they are trolling, maybe not, in the end who really cares because that's what happens on forums, you get individuals who just like to troll and think of themselves as being clever to bait everyone else...when in fact they accomplish nothing other than to inflate their own ego that they are being the cleverest kid on the block (in their own mind anyway). If they have a reason the place to complain about it is not here...its Battleye, you post here because you got banned by battleye for hacking in a game and exploiting it, you will get trolled because that's the only way people who play fairly can get back at the real noobs who use a hack. I am not saying any anti-cheat system is perfect, but as Rocket says...no bans have been overturned yet, although some are claiming (without evidence) they have.... Its not DayZ who did the banning and so as far as Battleye is concerned your guilty until proved innocent, not the other way around.

- Did we give them a reason to start?

The question you should be asking is did they give us a reason to start on them...and the answer is YES...they are the ones who got caught hacking by Battleye not everyone else, they are the clowns posting on a forum about being globally banned and inviting ridicule, even after Rocket said, Dont post ban appeals here....if you are dumb enough to say you got banned for hacking (whether thats a false positive or not), even after your asked not to post, you deserve everything that comes your way

Are we giving them a reason to continue?

I really couldn't care and i think most fair players couldn't care either whether they continue or not....if they do they get ridiculed, if they dont, the community is rid of dead weight anyway, so we have nothing to lose by trolling them.

if you set yourself up as an outsider and don't abide by the rules everyone else does, you don't deserve to be treated with honesty and humility...I think you are reading a lot more into this trolling by everyone on the noob hackers than you should be...its not a WAR, its just payback, we cant throw them in prison or hang them by their thumbs (although many of us would like to) so we take out our venom on them by laughing at and ridiculing them when they get caught and whine they have done nothing. There's no consequences... other than another whinge from somebody they got globally banned, which is just music to most peoples ears. :)

I could argue on "there's no consequence thing... reading the forum.

The purpose of my message was: if with your action you're going to make the things better.. go on; if it will makes things worse: it's not smart.

What i know is that (besides many other reasons i had by a couple of weeks), one of the reason of why i'm not playing these days is because of em (i'm waiting that everything is finished for sure...) .. and this is already a "victory" for em. I may be alone.. i dunno, i don't know how many other "serious" players left the game (temporary) because of this.