rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

This is funny alot of cheaters here asking for ban appeal saying " i didnt do nothing " " wtff why im banned?" like inocent ppl LOL thats what u guys deserve it!! U choose to hack now dont cry!

IS the global ban glitch still happening? Because all i was doing was driving a truck and bam i was banned.

Edited by jdk412

I got a simple "BattlEye: You have been banned" from a server, when I found a Ural truck on US 916 server. Someone was guarding it, typed in ";D" before they shot me, and proceeded to miss me with a grenade and silenced weapons. Shortly after I fled the area, I was banned. Can Admins control BattlEye bans? I'm not sure what happened there, I've never hacked a game ever, and I think maybe somebody just didnt want me getting their stuff...?

Jackstet

The wording I got was exactly the same , I think the hackers get a code at the end of the MSG.

Email battle eye support sure do feel for you all I had given up on the game but I'm back in now and a happy camper

I've never been banned, and never will, however, if you can refer to battleye's recent updates, they're aware of this and it IS a bug, for those whom are ignorant of facts around them ( and yes this is unrelated to DAY Z because the global bans are managed by battleye ) read at: http://battleye.com/index.html for what I'm talkin about, Just wanted to let you guys know :P.

First can I say if you get a "You were banned". Plz contact BattlEye first.

Second is this a bug, As a few players on our server have been banned for this.

2 managed to get back in the server after the last round of DayZ patches, but another one has now been banned

that I know of, with the same message. I'm asking if it is a bug because.

The player in question has contacted battleye, who has informed the player he is not banned and it

must be a server ban, As I am the server admin and owner, I have gone though the server ban logs

and his GUID, IP or Player ID are not in there, yet he continues to get the "You were banned"

message.

The player in question plus the server have redownloaded the dayz file and he has even reinstalled arma and dayz,

still the same message. He has also joined a dev's server and had no problems to see if a file was corupted by

the request of the dev, but still can't join my server, So could this be a ban bug or somthing else.

The only thing the server logs show is that he joins, GUID passes then he disconects.

The servers currently running, 1725, latest hive, beta 95883, BE1.62

Edited by UXFaz
  • Like 1

I got my ArmA 2 map in the mail today but it wont stick to my wall with tape rocket and I don't want to staple into my wall either.. WHAT DO I DO

Gum is the answer to everything... LOL

First can I say if you get a "BattlEye: You have been banned". Plz contact BattlEye first.

Second is this a bug, As a few players on our server have been banned for this.

2 managed to get back in the server after the last round of DayZ patches, but another one has now been banned

that I know of, with the same message. I'm asking if it is a bug because.

The player in question has contacted battleye, who has informed the player he is not banned and it

must be a server ban, As I am the server admin and owner, I have gone though the server ban logs

and his GUID, IP or Player ID are not in there, yet he continues to get the "BattlEye: You have been banned"

message.

The player in question plus the server have redownloaded the dayz file and he has even reinstalled arma and dayz,

still the same message. He has also joined a dev's server and had no problems to see if a file was corupted by

the request of the dev, but still can't join my server, So could this be a ban bug or somthing else.

The only thing the server logs show is that he joins, GUID passes then he disconects.

The servers currently running, 1725, latest hive, beta 95883, BE1.62

yeah faz has said pritty much what i have done and we cant find a solution for it

if we can get some feedback about it it would be greatly appreciated

best regards

Ok. we found the problem after searching though google for many hours.

It seems a New Ban.txt is being created in the OA main root dir.

Removing this Ban file unban's those getting the "You were banned" message.

Just ignore the trolls, Rocket. They like eating rages and tears. Let the forum staffs handle the heat in the forum while you concentrate to make an awesome super anti-hack standalone Day Z. You know that some competitors like to destroy an already well-known game's community, right?

I totally support you, Rocket. Just ignore the trolls and the hackers that says "I'm innocent!". ArmA 2 has so many downsides, especially the anti-hack engine so you'd better implement much better anti-hack system to the standalone Day Z. I wish you best of luck, Rocket and Day Z Staffs Team! :D

Global banned myself. Sucks cause I was just starting the game. I got into some black SUV and drove from that western city and within minutes I got a message about a Global ban and I got Disconnected.

I really dont understand it. Is it cause I was in a hackers server? Can they dupe the BE system and create false positives?

Global banned myself. Sucks cause I was just starting the game. I got into some black SUV and drove from that western city and within minutes I got a message about a Global ban and I got Disconnected.

I really dont understand it. Is it cause I was in a hackers server? Can they dupe the BE system and create false positives?

Why did you take your youtube video down? ;)

First off, a note of positive:

Even in the Alpha stages of this game, I've been having fun. Just started playing last week and have been enjoying the game immensely, looking forward to seeing where it's going.

Secondly:

I know it's not your guys's problem, but I've been victimized by Battleye now as well >.<

Didn't know it was possible to get banned when I discovered a fully functional Heli next to a crashed one (player crash, not in-game loot crash) at the lighthouse between Cherno and Elektro. Lesson learned; from now on, I'll only get into vehicles if I repair them myself, or one of my friends repair them.

Hopefully I'll get unbanned and be able to go back to playing. If not...please, if you're making a stand-alone, don't go with battleye. Sent them off an e-mail detailing what happened, what server it was on, etc.

Hi I've been globally banned and I wanna share my experience the community. I've read like the whole thread and I know that the game has changed since 15th August. I've been playing about a month and the hacking has kinda ruined the game from the start, and stopped me telling my buddies to play as I don't think they could handle it.

I don't really mind guys giving themself a nice gun or two if they think it helps them. I DO mind being sent to debug land, turned into a cow, killed by 3 guys in ghillies & a heli who i killed 5 minutes ago, invisible/unkillable dudes, etc.

I was playing on the 14th and hacking seemed at an all time high. I musta bin hacked more then 10time in 3 hours - sudden freefall with no parachute, giant bombs that are not in the game(are nukes part of DayZ?), killed without being hit by something, to name a few. I kept on playing (what choice), tried a few different servers but it was the same all over. Then I met a 'friendly' hacker, who didn't ask but gave me a full kit-out and was spawning ammo and vehicles all over, healing me and teleporting me & him around the map.

I log on the next day and I am globally banned. Can't help feeling robbed since I did not cheat. I didn't want to cheat. I didn't suicide when he gave me all the stuff, but it seems fucking rough to lose my game for that. I emailed BE on the 15th but guess what, no response. I pretty much expect to never play this game again, and I won't be buying it after this shit nor will my friends. BE never stopped the hackers fucking up my whole evenings play, so yeah, I'm pretty mad, brah. I understand hacker-hate only too well but I just wanted some of these fools to know this shit can happen. If BE made cars, we'd all be dead in ditches.

Edited by FallingDown
  • Like 3

Ok so you said dont post global bans. Lol But I got a message on server US 454 (only US 454) saying that i have been banned from the server perm. Now unless playing the game makes you a hacker i demand an explination. I have had dayz since may and have had to deal with this *Hacker* Infestation! And now this BullShit. Im quite outraged this is the only game that i play on my steam account and now ive been banned from my favorite servers and all of my stuff is gone!!!!!!! Please reply back need update on what exactly this ban meens! thank you

I like how everyone's complaining about getting their money back...

Oh wait.. I didn't pay for DayZ... I Downloaded it for FREE!

I paid for Arma II...

Omg I want a refund for my FREE DayZ game!...

Rocket, I salute you! Keep up the good work man & please, make more posts like this!

I think I had to change my underwears at least 2 times while reading this post.. I pissed my pants more than twice.

Oh I forgot, I don't know how my character eats his beans in-game seeing how I don't have a can opener in my inventory...

Edited by Popaul87

Hi everyone,

I have been globally banned, I am not a hacker or cheater, I am however pissed off. Apparently this is happening to a few people now.

I went to battleye support and sent them an email. I was hoping to find out from anyone who has had success with having the ban revoked and how long it took them to be personally contacted back about it.

Really miss playing with my friends and I am extremely disappointed. But understand that I understand this has nothing to do with DayZ and its developers.

Edited by Thall
  • Like 1

I went to battleye support and sent them an email. I was hoping to find out from anyone who has had success with having the ban revoked and how long it took them to be personally contacted back about it.

I have witnessed a global ban that I am positive was issued for no reason at all whatsoever.

I was playing for several days straight with my friend, stayed at his place and brought my laptop. I've known him for many years and would entrust him with anything at any time without ever giving it a second thought - even my life or my girlfriend to stay at his place :P

We were playing on the same servers, obviously, and had great fun, good gear etc. - then we logged off to get some food and returned a few hours later to find out that he had been globally banned.

There are many stories like this on the forums... this is just one of them.

I know that a story like the one above can, and is likely to, be contested by someone if posted on the forums. I see that over and over again, but don't be ignorant - some people claiming being banned for no reason might actually be right.

After the ban he immediately wrote BattleEye Support inquiring why he had been banned and claiming that it was not a rightful ban.

He has never received any reply and therefore has no way of knowing why or what was the reason for the ban.

So... lets imagine this, in some way, very similar situation.

I walk down the street and a policeman steps up to me and starts putting me in handcuffs. I ask what I have done, but he remains silent. Then puts me in the car, takes me to the station and I end up behind bars.

No one ever tells me why I was put there, no judge ever reviewed my case and I will likely remain there indefinitely - or I will eventually be released, but without ever being told why I were put the in the first place.

This is what is happening with some of the BattleEye bans. I am not saying that all bans are wrong, likely the vast majority is rightful and I fully support that!

But should we, as a community, accept that players are being punished and never told why?

With the current situation we don't know what is allowed and what is not. What am I allowed to edit in my config file? And what would get me banned? Can I safely change my FoV, remove the viewmodel or HUD, set the number of max pre-rendered frames or use a macro that presses the mouse button at a set interval?

It isn't just black and white, there is an area in between where one could be in doubt. Obviously spawning any item, teleporting yourself etc etc is not allowed as it clearly (to anyone who is relatively sane) is something that gives you an unfair advantage. On the other end, something like changing the number of pre-rendered frames is only a matter of performance and thus allowed (would be my guess). But what about FoV? One could argue that a wide FoV gives you the unfair advantage, but one could also argue that a narrow FoV would give you the unfair advantage. The former will make it easier to navigate and pay attention to whatever is in your proximity, but on the other hand it makes it difficult to spot targets in the distance. Opposite goes for the latter.

A complete list of anything that is not allowed should be easily available on the BattleEye website, just like the law of a country is available to anyone who cares to read it. (I have searched and searched, but never found this list, so I assume it does not exist. At least not in public. Correct me if wrong.)

I don't think we should accept this situation, its like things happen in China where people are just put away for no apparent or sensible reason at all.

We should demand that things are done in a way that would be acceptable in a democracy - not a dictatorship.

Or in short:

Everyone should have access to the rules, so whoever cares to read it thereby can abide it. If you don't have access to it, how can you abide it?

And in case of any ban, a reason should always be given. Simply getting a message that says global ban # - and never ever hear from BattleEye support - is definitely not acceptable. Its against common sense and it is so unjust that it makes me wanna cry. I am not defending cheaters, but our rights as humans, citizens, players, to know what is being done to us and why.

My friend is no longer banned, it was lifted some days ago, but never any reply from BattleEye support, not even an apology admitting that they screwed up.

But it seems that bans are actually lifted if they were imposed by mistake.

In case you've read it all, thank you for your time and concern.

- Zapador

Edited by n'Zapador
  • Like 7

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sorry, but I make no sense of what you are saying? :blush:

• Like 1

Thanks, Scavenger. I hope my cries for help from battleye don't go unheard. Been waiting since the 17th.

Look, we don't issue the Global Bans. They are issued by BattlEye. I cannot explain how they are issued, but I reviewed the process. These are very legit bans, issued not by DayZ but by BattlEye.

Erm, lolz, why you lie bro?