Sign in to follow this  
envisiOn

New inventory / Items

Before I start, if any of these suggestions were mentioned disregard them.

So idea #1 is a new layout for the inventory, as follows;

EvM1F.png

Chest:

Heavier armor would allow you to absorb hits better / Would make you slower.

Light Armor/Clothes would make you squishier / Would make you faster.

Legs:

Same concept as Chest.

Boots:

Work boots / Give a lot of armor, but make you slow.

Sneakers / No armor, but you run fast.

Basically, people would be able to make different builds for different situations.

Say for example you like to heal people. Well you wouldn't want to be slow to go and help them. On the other hand if you like to just go in and destroy zombies/players. More armor would help with that.

Idea #2:

Two handed weapons / 1 handed weapons.

You could use for example, a axe and a meat cleaver in both hands. But, a Sledge hammer need two hands obviously.

P.S. My paint skills are awesome.

Edited by envisiOn

Rocket has redesigned the inventory, No need for new ideas to ones already solved.

Weight i believe is being factored into the SA also so movement will be impaired by carrying loads of stuff.

Not a fan of armoured wear, It would not sit well in DayZ IMO.

Kudos for having done Your homework though, Most just use words to portray an idea.

Walking speed based on boots... really?

Rocket is working on new inventory... lets see what comes from there...

Speed shouldnt be based on boots, but possibly the sound could be.

Heavy Boots = Loud

Ballerina Slipper = Soft and graceful

Whats wrong with WarZ? this feels like the same arguments people have defending ether Mac or PC. >_>

im just going to buy warz because its gotbigger maps and more guns and more things to die like barricade houses and set up bases

AW NAW! We've lost apache.

Fuck it, I'm not buying DayZ either now.

Yeah I am. What was I thinking?

@OP - Yeah I saw that image and had a Deckard Cain "Stay a while, and listen." flashback :|

I think different shoes should weigh more, and potentially slow you down. I went climbing in my steel toecap Dr. Martens once, NEVER AGAIN! I think the item degradation could play into this too.

Trainers are a bit quieter, you move a bit quicker, but they degrade 3x faster than hiking boots. Something like that.

As for armour, it wouldn't fit in DayZ the way I picture it. Most likely there will be bulletproof vests and the like, in standalone. But I assume clothing will be mostly for warmth/comfort, and maybe add more pockets for your main (non-backpack) inventory.

If I see "Cargo shorts +2 DR" or anything like that show up in DayZ, I will be pissed off <_<

im just going to buy warz because its gotbigger maps and more guns and more things to die like barricade houses and set up bases

Thank god... hopefully you stop posting here then.

Thank god... hopefully you stop posting here then.

Amen.

In a twist of the plot, apache25 is a secret WarZ dev team agent sent here to spam the forums with crap suggestions.

• Like 2

I might get warz to play untill stand alone of dayz releases just to get away from sk script/hacks

I might get warz to play untill stand alone of dayz releases just to get away from sk script/hacks

Willing to take one for the team. :thumbsup:

I look forward to hearing your report (if you're not laughing too hard)

If there was a "take away beans" button, I would have hit it so hard!

Its funny that somepeople havent discovered privatehives yet ^^