Sign in to follow this  
griffinz

Stream-line this forum

Hey guys,

I've given it much thought, and someone has approached me on how this forum gets too busy to be manageable now that a *majority* of players play on private hives now.

What has been suggested is a subforum for each version of the private hives. However, this number is many, and will only grow as time goes on.

What I am asking you, is how do you want your threads divided up? I was thinking on dividing them on categories like:

• Suggestions
  • Map Design
  • Troubleshooting
  • What's New
  • Servers

and the parent forum for general discussion.

Thoughts?

i agree with the thoughts you have put forward. You have covered the basic grounds that people will need.

The forums are looking a little cluttered but thats mainly through mis-placed posts and such, nothing you guys can really do apart from put them in their rightful place.

Maybe adding a tab system to make navigation to certain areas easier.

Something along the lines of;

• DayZ General
  • Support
  • Servers
  • Discussions
  • Other languages

I think this is good.

Would the Map Design include all the different mod types that are coming out as well as the different maps that use 'normal' DayZ code.

Perhaps there could be a category for the Maps and a separate one for the Mods (where everything about SurviveDayZ, DayZ Redux, etc etc would go - or would this go under What's New)

Well I've never actually played a dayz private hive server, so I'm not sure what comes up/what needs discussion. Ill leave this thread up for a bit until I get sufficient feedback.

The sub-forums will appear in the same form as the "Bandit Campfire" and "Survivor HQ" forums over at DayZ General

Not sure about suggestions, but a place where private server admins can discuss the various custom scripts/coding would be great. I know plenty of people are willing to share their stuff, and even more who are looking to tweak theirs. A "Workbench" forum would be awesome. Would suffice for the custom map related pages as well.

WorkBench

TroubleShooting

Recruitment/Server Lists

General Discussion

Would be my suggestion.

Not sure about suggestions, but a place where private server admins can discuss the various custom scripts/coding would be great. I know plenty of people are willing to share their stuff, and even more who are looking to tweak theirs. A "Workbench" forum would be awesome. Would suffice for the custom map related pages as well.

WorkBench

TroubleShooting

Recruitment/Server Lists

General Discussion

Would be my suggestion.

I would leave trouble shooting out, as this is not the palce to support private hive software. They have theyre own forums for that, so theres no reason to "spam" problems 2 places tbh :)

But the 3 other looks interesting.

How about something like this:

Requitment/Server Listing

Workbench (for 3rd party maps and all that stuff)

and then have the parent forum we have now, as general discussions.

I really dont see the need to have support here, when the people who knows stuff about it arent using theese forums to much hehe.

As an example: You dont see the creaters of Bliss or Saintly or any of the others here very much, they got theyre own support line.

And we all know how people will rage like mofo's, if you have a support forum and cant answer half the questions.

I say this for the DayZ staff's sake. You got enough to do

But you could possibly redirect people to the private hive's forums/websites if you want.

It would be more fitting then having a support forum tbh.

You also need to understand, that with the 5-10 different private software versions, comes different coding.

Its not the same "fix" for all of them, thats proberly one of the biggest reason not to support it here.

If you create something for Saintly, it will most likely not work on the fly with Pwnzor's and Bliss and the others, coz they are all build different.

Edited by Byrgesen

Map Chit Chat (with current Maps) updated if needed.

TroubleShooting (installation & Guides)

The rest is good already.

Any more than that and you are not Streamlining but creating a mish-mash of wrong posting potential.