Sign in to follow this  
liquidcactus

Player/Survivor screams/yell when injured

Hey !

An idea i had that wasnt in search.. I would love to see/hear more survivors yelling and screaming when they get shot/injured.. depending on the severity of the wound depends on how loud they will holla out..

This is actually in red orchestra and it works quite well for atmosphere..

Just imagine at night when you are by your self and you are on your way to Zelengorsk supermarket to grap a slurpee and some doritos then on your way pass green mountain you hear a survivor's shreik screams of pain in the distance.. that would send some shivers down the most experienced survivors spine no doubt !

Perhaps being shot is more of a angry, frustrated yelling but if someone is incapped and being eaten by infected its more of a desperate " Cry Scream" if you will.. its kind of like " ice cream" but the opposite...^__^

• Like 4

Doesn't this already happen when being eaten by Zeds?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

What if you got shot but you wouldn't want to scream out so that nearby zeds won't eat you?

What if you got shot but you wouldn't want to scream out so that nearby zeds won't eat you?

There is no thought process involved. People don't think 'oh, I'm in pain. I'm gonna scream'. It's kind of a natural reaction...

• Like 1

There is no thought process involved. People don't think 'oh, I'm in pain. I'm gonna scream'. It's kind of a natural reaction...

Agreed.

It's funny, yesterday I thought of the same idea. I definitely would love this enhancement.

Doesn't this already happen when being eaten by Zeds?

Ive played roughly 400+ hours or so but i dont recall any screams when being eaten.. but regardless I'm more so suggesting the odd very loud scream here and there that can be heard several hundred meters away but maybe it would be tricky to decide whether or not it attracts more infected. Maybe depending on the location/situation..

But i guess if you are incapped and already being eaten by several infected why not have the char scream out and attract more.. hopefully the poor survivor has a freind or 2 with him to help out but shit maybe they would bail out after he screams :D

Maybe add a feature so you can gag your mouth with a sock :P

If you ever play as a group where one of your buddies (*Dave) likes to play with the female skin, when they're getting munched I REALLY notice the screams. That's some fucking terrifying shit. :|

Would be awesome to implement this with localisation for different accents. Just now every character, even the chernarussian zeds sound like pissed off (or scared shitless, depending on the situation) americans.

To have a voice selection in character creation for standalone (like on Worms) would be cool.

And quite possibly could be a "totally not pay-2-win" DLC, because it could make Rocket and the team some extra pennies, and is entirely optional.(read- pointless) :thumbsup:

Just my thoughts on the subject.

The screaming already happens when you have the hour glass. Next time you die, pay attention and you will hear it.

"Aww, fuck that hurts" There's your pain scream xD

Ive played roughly 400+ hours or so but i dont recall any screams when being eaten.. but regardless I'm more so suggesting the odd very loud scream here and there that can be heard several hundred meters away but maybe it would be tricky to decide whether or not it attracts more infected. Maybe depending on the location/situation..

But i guess if you are incapped and already being eaten by several infected why not have the char scream out and attract more.. hopefully the poor survivor has a freind or 2 with him to help out but shit maybe they would bail out after he screams :D

You can't hear it yourself, but your character screams:

The female sounds are worse than male, males are like "UURRRHHH!" :D

Edited by Sutinen

I once played with my girlfriend and she had the female skin and was eaten alive. Holy shit, thats what i call intense.

The suggestion for screams when hit by a bullet is great, i would really like to see death messages disappear and this be the only way to tell if you have hit someone or not. But i would not like to have a special sound when the player actually dies by the bullet.

"Aww, fuck that hurts" There's your pain scream xD

You can't hear it yourself, but your character screams:

The female sounds are worse than male, males are like "UURRRHHH!" :D

I wonder how an unconsious person can scream... :D

wow good point sir's..

I can honestly say I've never heard the female scream but that video was very satisfying.. but shit no one plays as the girl char I've seen only 3 or so girl char's since i started playing since may haha

One more suggestion from me... sound travels further at night ! meaning screams more so ^_^