Muncywolverine

Shoot all un-armed bandits on sight.

Just literally trapped an unarmed bandit inside one of the apartment buildings in Elecktro. Messed with him for a minute or so, asked in side chat if i should kill him, decided to let him live.

After some conversation in side chat we meet up @ the supermarket.

Bastard shoots me in the head with a makorov while i'm picking up beans.

Moral of Story: Shoot ALL bandits on sight, unarmed or not.

• Like 1

I am a bit partial to bandits owing to the fact i have been shot more times by people in standard newbie clothes than urban turbans. Ghillies are kos for me though.

• Like 1

Shit that logic goes for everyone, if you mess with someone or accidentally shoot someone (I try not to shoot new spawns but mistakes happen when startled) do not stick around for the inevitable payback. If I have a reason to not trust you I will either shoot you or go a separate direction and eventually take cover and see if you are following.

Every time I attempt to be friendly I am reminded why I shoot people most of the time. It has got to the point that I assume the guy talking on side chat is Meta gaming. My one exception to this rule is new spawns, for some reason I find executing these guys to be pointless but I will not lie and say I have never done it. Recently a guy on Panthera walked by and a shot him on reflex and apologized and offered to fix him up, he responded by calling me a douche and was quickly griefed to death (broke his legs and knocked him out, then fixed him up and threw a smoke grenade near him to attract zombies).

• Like 2

Just literally trapped an unarmed bandit inside one of the apartment buildings in Elecktro. Messed with him for a minute or so, asked in side chat if i should kill him, decided to let him live.

After some conversation in side chat we meet up @ the supermarket.

Bastard shoots me in the head with a makorov while i'm picking up beans.

Moral of Story: Shoot ALL bandits on sight, unarmed or not.

Ha! Reminds me of the story about the lady who nurses a snake back to health, then one day he bites her. As she lay dying she askes the snake "I nursed you back to health, I saved your life. Why did you bite me?" The snake replied "Bitch you knew I was a snake!"

• Like 1

I already do.

• Like 1

I saw a bandit sneak into a hospital at night. I asked in chat "Guy in Cherno hospital...you friendly"? He said "yes. Don't shoot". So I shot him with an Enfield.

That's what you get with a bandit skin. I'll go out of my way to kill on sight. survivors get the same if they make me nervous.

Strongly disagree. Killing all bandits on sight just encourages them to be more aggressive. It justifies their worldview, that violence is always coming my way therefore banditry is logical. Of course many bandits kill because of boredom or the troll factor but violence begets violence and the next time you’re unarmed and an armed player kills you've reaped what you sowed.

Teaming up with bandits is fun. It doesn't happen often but if I betrayed or kos the bandits that I did team up with it’s guaranteed the next player they come across is more likely to die. And as I always aim to carry a kit to be wasteland medic none will be denied FA.

Shamless self promotion :) Check out my youtube for an epic bandit (DMR/Ghille/looting corpse still no kos) encounter where we team up and didn't KOS.

Maybe the moral of the story could also be don't humiliate bandits only to team up with them, then loot stuff on the ground with you back turned to them?!

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

You got killed? By a makarov? Bahahahahaha, okay, I'm done.

Edited by Mad Z
  • Like 3

but but... I got MY bandit skin from shooting down a helicopter over cherno...

with a makarov right? I hope you upload the video later.

• Like 3

Did you not notice the turban? They get those for murders.. Sorry I had to be Captain Obvious over here...

• Like 2

Why not the same hate on Camo wearing guys as Ghillie suits ?___?

That doesn't even make any sense.

Yo own fault for not KOS.

Bandits are proven playerkillers, it's your duty as a hero to put them down.

• Like 1

Why not the same hate on Camo wearing guys as Ghillie suits ?___?

Camo dude is a bad ass mother... watch yo mouth!

Ghillie guy is a sneeky snake son of a motherless goat!

Camo dude is the type of guy who picks up 3 chicks at the bar 2 for him and 1 for you. Just because he can!

Ghillie guy is the SOB that tells the girl you are talking to that you have herpes. Just because he s a douche!

Camo dude will help an old lady cross the street.

Ghillie guy will push her in front of a bus.

Camo dude never tells your wife you went to the strip club.

Ghillie guy sends her a picture of you getting a lap dance

DAMN YOU GHILLIE GUY!

• Like 8

I will not have you badmouthing camo dude! He is a gentleman and a scholar.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 6

Everyone I see is game, just as everyone who sees me thinks I'm game! I mean they're not going to wait to see if I'm friendly or not when I'm ghillied up with an as50 are they?!

I was a total dick to a bandit then I was surprised he shot me. Why are bandits so immoral?

• Like 8

I was a total dick to a bandit then I was surprised he shot me. Why are bandits so immoral?

So your saying i was a dick for not shooting him in the face with my m16?

So your saying i was a dick for not shooting him in the face with my m16?

No, I think they are saying that because, and i quote:

"JJust literally trapped an unarmed bandit inside one of the apartment buildings in Elecktro. Messed with him for a minute or so, asked in side chat if i should kill him, decided to let him live."

It basically translates as:

"Just threatened an unarmed man with a gun for a bit for my own amusement, then i was somehow shocked when he decided to kill me for threatening to kill him earlier."

Cool Mob Mentality Bro.

Edited by Never
  • Like 6

No, I think they are saying that because, and i quote:

"JJust literally trapped an unarmed bandit inside one of the apartment buildings in Elecktro. Messed with him for a minute or so, asked in side chat if i should kill him, decided to let him live."

It basically translates as:

"Just threatened an unarmed man with a gun for a bit for my own amusement, then i was somehow shocked when he decided to kill me for threatening to kill him earlier."

Cool Mob Mentality Bro.

So killing an unarmed man would be preferable. Ok, got it.

Off to bed.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this PoS actually logged off right after his magazine ran out just incase didn't die from it. I saw his name greyed out when i re-spawned.

These people need to be drug outside and shot.

Edited by Muncywolverine

So killing an unarmed man would be preferable. Ok, got it.

These people need to be dragged outside and shot.

* not drug. (sorry, had to fix it, it was annoying me.- Never.)

No, threatening any fucker purely cos of a skin is stupid. People don't tend to respond well to being threatened, as it seems you discovered firsthand.

Also, as it been stated before, not all bandits are 'Bandits', much as all heros aren't the shining knights in armour they appear to be.

For example, i share my account for DayZ with my housemate cos we ain't to precious about a alpha for a mod, and our playstyles differ greatly. He likes to murder people in cold blood, and generally mislead people, I often play lonewolf survivor and help people out if they can't be avoided totally, even though i sport a bandit skin earnt by my housemates actions. - NB. Not to mention that due to humanity carrying over deaths, one particular messy killing spree he went on when i was in the pub means a I/We are know a 'perma-bandit'.

Thats not even starting on the fact the humanity mechanic is awkward and broken at best, along with the awkward and overly simple 'skins' system that has just added fuel to this KoS trigger happy attitude that most players apply to bandits and survivors alike.

The will to team up is greatly diminished thanks to this retarded 'bandit/hero' thing, why bother having a tense interaction thats fucking exciting when the mod just puts a big 'GOODIE' or 'BADDIE' symbol on someone eh?

Edited by Never