Sign in to follow this  
kaaona

Anyone still play DayZ??

I've noticed over weeks of playing dayz people have stopped. Also on this website the amount of players n the last 24 hours has dropped significantly. Is the game dying already? And or is it people waiting for the standalone?

One question fom me: Anyone know when standalone will be released?

Think it has alot to do with people playing on private hives, I don't think that gets measured, even then, 50k-70k people playing is still an impressive feat

i have a feeling this game will die alot more in the next week or 2 when people can play the warz until the stand alone is released. dayz is getting kinda boring now and the hackers arent helping either.

Not as many players and fewer everyday. There will be a lot fewer on the 31st when the alphas open for WarZ and The Dead Linger. The DayZ population will explode again when the stand alone is released.

i quit because of that hackers, usually i get killed by one, quit playing for a week, then get back into it... call it what you will, it just takes the fun out of the game, so why play it? on the other hand, i still love dayz..

but i will be playing WarZ when it opens the beta on Oct 15th, bought the legend pack so ill be jumping on day 1

depending how good it is, i may just play it til day z standalone comes out, dont know for sure tho

Not as many players and fewer everyday. There will be a lot fewer on the 31st when the alphas open for WarZ and The Dead Linger. The DayZ population will explode again when the stand alone is released.

its actually the closed beta on the 31st, and for the pioneer/legend pack owners they get to play on the 15th of Oct.

Edited by Defius

Ya, a lot of those reason I stopped too. Hackers make it NO fun..... I will be trying WarZ for sure. No point in not playing it.... With the preorder how much is it to play on the 15th and is only for THAT day?

its actually the closed beta on the 31st, and for the pioneer/legend pack owners they get to play on the 15th of Oct.

Y

ep, thanks for the correction. Alpha for War Z opens the 15th for Legend pack owners, I can't wait!

Ya, a lot of those reason I stopped too. Hackers make it NO fun..... I will be trying WarZ for sure. No point in not playing it.... With the preorder how much is it to play on the 15th and is only for THAT day?

30 or 50 bucks to play on the 15th. No, not only for that day.

I have a fairly thick skin when it comes to hack... err skiddies, I've made a game out of it and change my name to bait them, then I fraps the shit out of what they do and actively chase them around the server and go too their last known location (is it just me, or do they have a hard on for Electro?) I've actually made a few give up and leave the server by doing this, makes me smile, but alas even that gets boring so it's private hive time for me

They have stalled activity to a degree on some servers for sure, but to be honest I could care less what they do, should never get attached to your gear or character in this game. Just wait, the standalone should start to deal with the downturn, I for one refuse to be swayed by untalented COD kids scripting, because distance and bullet drop is too hard to figure out.

30 or 50 bucks to play on the 15th. No, not only for that day.

Then how long will you get to play? And why is it more then paying 20$? Isn't it supposed to be cheaper to get it in alpha??

Oh and don't want this forum turning into Warz ;D

Edited by kaaona

I stopped playing till they either release a major update or bring out the standalone. With all the hacks and bugs, I just don't feel it as necessary to invest the time into it right now. The standalone is out before the end of the year, so we got at the most, a little over two months to see the standalone release.

Then how long will you get to play? And why is it more then paying 20$? Isn't it supposed to be cheaper to get it in alpha??

Oh and don't want this forum turning into Warz ;D

go here

https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html

shows you the extra stuff you get with Pioneer and Legend packs, the "Stronghold" is what really separates it, you should read up on it, its sort of your own "base"

I was trying to play today, but getting banned by an admin for finding his camp was pretty lame. I feel like since the transition to private hives, admins are so power hungry. :|

I'll be on the WarZ alpha.. even though it kind of looks like crap right now I'm still gonna give it a try.

I still play.

It will pick up soon as walking dead is back on too.

I hope no one plays that WarZ rip off.

I'm still playing a few hours most nights in private hives. :)

Haven't seen a hacker for weeks and the community's better anyway. It's more like DayZ used to be. 50:50 / friendlies:bandits, instead of the deathmatch fuckfest that we're all used to these dayZ.

SurviveDayZ mod is pretty good too TBH.

WarZ looks like shit, lol. If you didn't have to pay to get on the alpha/beta then I'd probably check it out, but there's not a chance in hell I'm paying money for it when it looks cartoony as fuck, with messed up/harmless zombies, and it's more than likely gonna be a pay2play and payagain2win disaster anyway. I just pity the parents that are gonna end up footing the bill for these kiddies, LOL.

If anything I'm hoping WarZ will help weed out some of the arseholes of the DayZ community. ^_^

Edited by mZLY

Well the problem with the activity dropping is mainly due to DayZ being quite hyped when it was new and fresh. but the gameplay and experience really is for a true gamer with a thick skin. the game is relentless and allot of people who aren't used to this level of gaming probably dropped out quite fast. and alas, the people who've been terrorized by hackers add up aswell. and to join in on the CoD stereotyping, I'm sure that allot of players left that tried the game with a Deathmatch mentality. expecting to be shooting people the whole time, ending up dead due to being careless and whatnot. I've been playing less aswell myself but that's due to the fact I'm playing alone and trying some other games out at the same time.

Though yeah I've been a bit sceptical about WarZ. Like mZLY said. I wouldn't have doubted trying it out if it was for free.. so I assume I'd just have to try out a beta key if anyone among my friends decided to buy it themselves. with a minimum of 20 bucks to get acces to the beta. damn all these pre-releases nowadays making people be capable of playing earlier then other fellow players who just don't have the money for it. it's getting rather lame. but oh well. I've also read some stuff about the whole ingame currency where you can possibly pay2win. they do mention that not everything is for sale that you can find in the game... while I'm not buying any of it entirely yet. I guess time will tell. perhaps it'll be alright. perhaps not.

I'm still playing. Haven't seen much script kid activity of late. Also the another thumbs up for SurviveDayZ though I get lots of lag. The Snow Map was great fun. Even though it was a small map there was a surprising amount of friendlies and teaming up with randoms.

I will play alot more once the standalone comes out... by then I should be back in the states with a decent gaming rig, instead of suffering 15-20 FPS on a laptop!

Maps like lingor, utes, fulluja, and takistan are not counted. Including private Hives, such as Vilayer and Bliss. The people are still playing :D More and more of my friends are still buying arma II to this day to get a peice of the action

Scripters haven't been a big issue for me lately. It's the bugs (beach spawn on server join, vehicles running into slow-to-roadblocks, erratic tent behaviour, etc) that made me stop a week or so ago. And probably a bit of boredom. I'll be back for Standalone for sure though.

WarZ feels like a half-assed, slapped-together rip-off that came came about while its developers were sitting around thinking of ways to recycle their game engine. At best it'll probably be a slightly polished and bug-free version of DayZ mod, while DayZ standalone evolves into something much greater.