Sign in to follow this  
svittidiu

TENTS

I've been playing for quite some time now and I've found pretty much everything except a god damn tent. Where can I find them? What do they look like? What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

Could somebody give me a picture of what a spawned tent looks like?

Edited by Dermosil

I found one in a low level house and the rest I've found in supermarkets. I think I found one in a church as well.

Things to keep in mind when you DO find one.

It takes 3 slots. dont let your pack eat it.

place it on flatish ground but not directly under tree branches. When you pack a tent up if falls on the ground. Theres a bug where you can't pick it up from under branches. best bet is to find a place in between a bunch of pine trees so it isn't easy to spot from far away.

A tent will upon placement appear in front of the player with the length of the tent going outwards from the player (a wall of sandbags will appear across the player). When placed, the closest wire on one end of the tent will meet the ground just behind the front heel of a player.

Edited by Treehugger

Could somebody give me a picture of what a spawned tent looks like?

Google is looking for a friend is that you?

Also have a hard time finding tents , then i bumped on someone's camp , and there were 3 tents in it ;)

the only lootplace where the spawn chance of tents is augmented is the cornershop...0.28% i think...

General stores, Army tents, Churches, Apartments.... they spawn everywhere!

I usually find one in every 2nd or 3rd supermarket. Raiding Cherno at the beginning of a new life gives me one tent at the beginning of almost any life. :)

I've got screenshots where every single item is a tent in the store, the church and even the archways. But I have been looking for a tent now for over a month and had no luck at all. I blame the latest release of dayz, as that's when my problems started. I remain convinced that some intern was given control of the dayz development and has made a right arse-up of it. :huh:

The spawn rate does seem to have dropped. I used to find them everywhere, now they're like gold-dust.

I found one in an apartment.. Looked almost like a dufflebag, but I didn't take it as I had no reason to, but after you die, does all your stuff remain in your tent?

Mostly I found them in supermarkets, but I have found one in a toilet too, the last week.

I dont want to fully endorse loot farming, because some say it's cheating. I think it's boring and there are no guarantees.

What you can do is go to a supermarket or other high loot building and take all items.. every can and whiskey bottle. put them in a pile in a spot where loot doesnt spawn. leave the building so you are 300 yards away for 10 minutes. the loot will respawn and you go back and get the new items, and hopefully the tent you want. You could waste all day doing this without success so you're better off just playing normally.

stuff remains in your tent after you die. when you pitch it you can pack it (placing the content in a loot pile on the ground) until you die. if you don't save the tent, it's wiped after 2 days, if you save it ,it lasts 7 days after the last object put in or taken away..it's enough time anyway. who can't find a tent is just unlucky..even if they haven't a high spawn rate, when you are in a complex with a lot of civilian buildings you should find one. backpacks with stuff inside placed in a tent loose that stuff after the server restarts