U.G.N - Jedi Panda

Free DayZ StandAlone TeamSpeak @ 37.187.195.75 - ZombieWorld.eu -- SA Server is up !!!

Which scenario for the next admin event?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which scenario for the next admin event?

• Hostage rescue: Admins have a hostage, players have to kill admins // rescue hostage.
    • Admins defend building, Players have to blow up the building with satchel charges.
    • Convoy: Admins have a convoy of vehicles moving from point A to B, players must ambush and kill admins.
    • Race: Players & Admins race on quad bikes // motorbike around a set route // checkpoints. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.

IIRC private hives are a no, not from the start atleast. But im not worried about that. My only concern is whether we can host SA on our own dedi box, or whether SA will only be available from commercial hosts like ViLayer. I hope we can host it, otherwise to get a 150 slot server as has been mentioned, i dread to think the costs, especially as hosts seem to be charging $1 euro per slot! The cost of one large SA server i reckon could be around the same cost as our dedi box! :o

Yeah, I've seen that on release things are going to start of pretty basic, both in game and server wise. Would be nice if they did allow dedicated servers. But yeah, I would mind getting involved on that front of things at some point. We'll see how things pan out. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well, our run finally came to an end yesterday, after only 10 minutes of being in the server. Those uP guys always seem to have some pretty high powered weaponry, but firing at a heli with an AS50 doesn't help when theres players nearby! :(

Panda, hows the merge going? I was on another server yesterday giving it a go when I came across Jeppie (Whom I have murdered a fair few times here). Some of the guys mentioned you and said something about joining/merging. They seem to have the same issue, great setup and map design, but no one to play. Although they have got AI bandits and survivors roaming about, as well as bandit/survivor camps, and AI choppers, which keeps it interesting during low population.

Unfortunatly, the servers were they just pile loads of guns, vehicles, and helis seem to be the most popular. I'd like to see half of those players try the standalone, were no of that will exsit and a chopper will seem a once in a blue moon type thing.

Well, our run finally came to an end yesterday, after only 10 minutes of being in the server. Those uP guys always seem to have some pretty high powered weaponry, but firing at a heli with an AS50 doesn't help when theres players nearby! :(

Panda, hows the merge going? I was on another server yesterday giving it a go when I came across Jeppie (Whom I have murdered a fair few times here). Some of the guys mentioned you and said something about joining/merging. They seem to have the same issue, great setup and map design, but no one to play. Although they have got AI bandits and survivors roaming about, as well as bandit/survivor camps, and AI choppers, which keeps it interesting during low population.

Unfortunatly, the servers were they just pile loads of guns, vehicles, and helis seem to be the most popular. I'd like to see half of those players try the standalone, were no of that will exsit and a chopper will seem a once in a blue moon type thing.

Hey dude!

Our merges are going well. Still early days but so far weve successfully merged with one group and more details about this will be given when the 2nd chernarus server is complete and open to the public (we're busy base building and testing new scripts atm). We have another group who have also joined us, they will be heading our Panthera server which is due to be created tonight.

Seperate to the above ive also got two more groups in the pipeline. One is 15 members from an Argentina group, the 2nd group is 20-25 strong and its early days in the discussion process so time will tell.

All this really in just the first week of being proactive with recruiting new groups and communities, we have some good times ahead.

You may notice the new teamspeak layout, hopefuly it makes it easier to navigate :)

• Like 5

Nicely done Panda, sounds like you've been busy!

Hopefully if you are able to carry this over in SA, we'll have a nice community to bring with it! An Argentina huh? Nothing like come across somone in a forest asking them to drop their weapon, only to realise they speak a different language! :P

:beans:

• Like 1

Any news on Arma 3 servers?

They are now planning for beta :)

Yessss, "Ok to clear this up the only weapons being removed are the M107 and AS50. All military weapons with any attachment have just been removed from the loot tables."

Edited by DappaDan95

Yessss, "Ok to clear this up the only weapons being removed are the M107 and AS50. All military weapons with any attachment have just been removed from the loot tables."

Update or standalone? Either, about time they removed those from DayZ. Theres no place for them. And what does that quote mean by military weapons with attachments have been removed? Does it mean weapons like the M4A1/3 CCO? M14 CCO? Weapons like that?

Although I don't think they should be removed (Some of them should but too many too list), I think in the standalone the military grade weapons, even your bog standard M4, should be made very rare.

I'd prefer to see people run about with Soviet type weapons, small arms, old weapons, etc..

In Walking Dead, they pretty much have standard shotguns, handguns, hunting rifles, crossbows, and meele weapons. Thats how standalone should be, tough, gritty, zombies are hard to take down in masses, and standoff's with players are nothing more than two dudes with shotguns or something, not a DMR/AS50/etc..

Edited by RJTurneR

- Name -Rozebif

- Location - israel

- GUID - a147068e059c7d33436b1f3fd5dcb82c

- Brief statement explaining why you wish to play on UK#10 - I really want to join Uk#10 mainly because all my friends play there.

• Like 1

Update or standalone? Either, about time they removed those from DayZ. Theres no place for them. And what does that quote mean by military weapons with attachments have been removed? Does it mean weapons like the M4A1/3 CCO? M14 CCO? Weapons like that?

Although I don't think they should be removed (Some of them should but too many too list), I think in the standalone the military grade weapons, even your bog standard M4, should be made very rare.

I'd prefer to see people run about with Soviet type weapons, small arms, old weapons, etc..

In Walking Dead, they pretty much have standard shotguns, handguns, hunting rifles, crossbows, and meele weapons. Thats how standalone should be, tough, gritty, zombies are hard to take down in masses, and standoff's with players are nothing more than two dudes with shotguns or something, not a DMR/AS50/etc..

This is in 1.7.7 only the m107 and as50 have been removed the other guns are still in the game though I think.

Removing 50 cals.... what a stupid idea. You shit yourself when your running through the woods and you hear a 50 cal go off. Now that fear is gone... players will just run about in open fields without a care.

The .50 Cal's, yeah they are scary.. But very OP. Very to easy to use. Just sit back, one shot. Unfair advantage on those with low tier weapons. They are balancing the game. I still imagine the day we're we are running round with shotguns, old weapons, AK's, etc.. With ammo scarce as anything and living off moisture from rocks. Now that is survival.

• Like 2

Removing 50 cals.... what a stupid idea. You shit yourself when your running through the woods and you hear a 50 cal go off. Now that fear is gone... players will just run about in open fields without a care.

I completely disagree

Edited by DappaDan95

Secret Business.. Theres your answer. ;)

Secret? Business? Derpy? (Who's Derpy?)

Edited by DappaDan95

Edited by DappaDan95

Secret Business.. Theres your answer. ;)

Secret? Business? Derpy? (Who's Derpy?)

I don't know what you are talking about, sorry.

• Like 1

Fear not UK#10 I shall be returning tonight! :D (after work), I've had a long week of work and hangovers inbetween discovering spartacus and becoming addicted. Blood shall spill tonight dont worry for the gods have blessed me with a night off.

- N33KO - Champion of Chernarus, Slayer of the great popadopalous, bringer of rain

• Like 1