Slyguy65

We need personal defense items (i.e bulletproof vests)

We have ALL kinds of guns...which is insane since guns should be super rare and shit yet we have all this military grade hardware everywhere. But no form of ballistic shielding....seriously? like fucking honestly? why?

Last time i checked, military personal wore protection hell even local law enforcement does, so why is there nothing in game to help reduce damage. Only cause damage. Seems unbalanced.

Become a hero, not like anyone will be shooting their pistol at you but it's the only type of defense vs bullets in the game.

Also i approve the idea of equippable kevlar etc

I want cannons added so we can acuire long pencil moustaches and shoot cannonballs across the NWAF at eachother

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 13

I want cannons added so we can acuire long pencil moustaches and shoot cannonballs across the NWAF at eachother

You sir are genius... GENIUS!!

I`d honestly love to see some sort of armor system implemented, along with the looted clothing options I`ve heard talk of.

Different armors would have different armored parts and bonuses, (Such as Ghillie, Camo, ect.)

Nothing crazy in depth, just more customization towards what you wear asthetically and functionally.

BUT THEN MY AS50TWS WONT KILL WITH ONE SHOT!!!!!

OH NOES!!

no but seriously, i like the idea, but you would have to implement different levels of body armor...

anything off local cops would be low level protection, maybe up to .45cal?

Military, 5.56 MAYBE 7.62x39 (AKM protection)

.308 and above have no difference/dmg mitagation

i think they should add bonuses to different clothing. i.e. Camo decreases the sight radius of zombies by X amount

• Like 1

This is a good idea.

OH NOES!!

no but seriously, i like the idea, but you would have to implement different levels of body armor...

i think they should add bonuses to different clothing. i.e. Camo decreases the sight radius of zombies by X amount

This isn't an RPG

I wish people making posts like this would go die in a ditch..... at least spend 5 bloody minutes researching body armour/attempt to get a vague understanding of kevlar and ceramic plate before making up your own categories.

+1000000 on the cannon and moustache idea, we could turn the firestation in to an officers mess for tea, crumpets and medals while the commoners clean our cannons.

• Like 2

Don't like the idea. and if it does get implemented it shouldn't have any effects on the higher cal ammo. AND slow you down AND make you drain your stamina faster. AND it shouldn't affect the bullet damage of 5.56 ammo or anything bigger than that.

This isn't BFBC2 =l with cookie cutter setups.

• Like 1

I wish people making posts like this would go die in a ditch..... at least spend 5 bloody minutes researching body armour/attempt to get a vague understanding of kevlar and ceramic plate before making up your own categories.

+1000000 on the cannon and moustache idea, we could turn the firestation in to an officers mess for tea, crumpets and medals while the commoners clean our cannons.

Jolly Good Show i Say :D

• Like 2

Guy, Kevlar vests hold off pistols pretty well, but against any sort of rifle they are practically useless unless the have heavy armor plating, which is heavy and won't cover much of your body.

Become a hero, not like anyone will be shooting their pistol at you but it's the only type of defense vs bullets in the game.

Also i approve the idea of equippable kevlar etc

Camo clothing also provides protection.

Mortars!

That would be fun... shelling Elektro or Cherno from the woods, making buildings collapse.... muwahahahahaha.

Mortars!

That would be fun... shelling Elektro or Cherno from the woods, making buildings collapse.... muwahahahahaha.

You havn't been about long have you?? Elektro and Cherno always used to get nailed by Mortars. Was a scripters wet dream, then came the thunderdome, and now just general pain in the ass-ness

.... But no form of ballistic shielding....seriously? like fucking honestly? why?

....so why is there nothing in game to help reduce damage. Only cause damage. Seems unbalanced.

Don't know which map you play on, but the one I do has forests full of ballistic shielding.

On a serious note, I haven't checked it out but I thought there was a pirate mod for ArmA 2?

OH NOES!!

Actually if they do it right it would still kill in one shot. No body armor in the world will stop a .50 cal round.

I would be all for body armor IF they stuck with the "realism" aspect and it reflected real life, NOT COD or some shit where you can get shot 15 times and be fine. The first shot from a rifle destroys your ballistic plate rendering it useless. Getting shot with body armor on should also cause shaking and make the screen some what blurry. Also wearing it should cause you to need to drink/eat more and possibly run slower.

• Like 1

You havn't been about long have you?? Elektro and Cherno always used to get nailed by Mortars. Was a scripters wet dream, then came the thunderdome, and now just general pain in the ass-ness

Aaaawwww, I missed out on the good times!

Aaaawwww, I missed out on the good times!

Don't know about good times... times maybe where being up North (apart from the NW airfield) were safer than taking a trek to Cherno.

It would be good in the standalone if we had:

Army helmet, first headshot from a low calibre weapon is ignored

Flak jacket, same as hero skin

Kevlar swat armour, reduces damage by 50%, cannot sprint only jog, turning speed and aiming is reduced.

Simples

It would be good in the standalone if we had:

Army helmet, first headshot from a low calibre weapon is ignored

Flak jacket, same as hero skin

Kevlar swat armour, reduces damage by 50%, cannot sprint only jog, turning speed and aiming is reduced.

Simples

Meh, why make DayZ in to just another military shooter? We already have ArmA 2.

If you want protection in DayZ then it should be more along the lines of

- football/motorcycle helmet instead of military

- pots, pans, scrap metal instead of flak/kevlar

The focus should be on what you can make in to protection and not what you can loot to have a military load out.

Meh, why make DayZ in to just another military shooter? We already have ArmA 2.

If you want protection in DayZ then it should be more along the lines of

- football/motorcycle helmet instead of military

- pots, pans, scrap metal instead of flak/kevlar

The focus should be on what you can make in to protection and not what you can loot to have a military load out.

This is interesting. A bit like Fallout 3.

The soldier clothing in ArmA 2 seems like it would work. It is more resistant to bullets but with the tradeoff of running slower.