rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

Get finished, btw. DayZ is loosing interest with people.

I will pass on your order. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I wouldn't say a lot of people are losing interest. I mean the SA hasn't been released into alpha and it hasn't even got an official website yet (these forums are for the ArmA DayZ mod, not the stand alone).

Once it has a website and gets on with some proper advertising, you will see a fresh surge of interest.

Don't forget that whatever does get released will not be a finished product either. I'm fairly certain it's already been said that there will be no vehicles to start with. Only one map will be available. There will almost certainly be bugs to resolve too!

I will pass on your order. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Fraggle :)

I wouldn't say a lot of people are losing interest. I mean the SA hasn't been released into alpha and it hasn't even got an official website yet (these forums are for the ArmA DayZ mod, not the stand alone).

Once it has a website and gets on with some proper advertising, you will see a fresh surge of interest.

Don't forget that whatever does get released will not be a finished product either. I'm fairly certain it's already been said that there will be no vehicles to start with. Only one map will be available. There will almost certainly be bugs to resolve too!

You might be right about that. I hope your are. Only, my concern is everybody I met through DayZ has stopped playing months ago and will not pick it up again. DayZ is DayZ and players are still the same, SA or not. And I tend to agree with another of their reasons: Once you are geared up and finished exploring, there is nothing much to do but killing. But I will not start another discussion on lack of things to do in DayZ <_<

How about some form of a grappling hook, to get over walls

Also a tow cable system to hook up old cars and get them to a secluded area to scavenge for parts in safety or to clear roadways / make barricades!

Molotov Cocktails could be fun! Also some sort of aerosol spray with a lighter would produce a nice torch!

Why can't I give you ALL of my beans?

A chainsaw, needs fuel to run but very very deadly in melee.

Running a chainsaw would be like ringing the Zombie Dinnerbell :rolleyes:

the perfect scene of the best movie

I don't know I'd rather have this for melee in DayZ SA

but then again that might render guns ineffective when a super human comes running at you.

Lol.

Then on stage rises Dolph Lundgren and kill both liliputes with just one punch.

Of course he will be banned for cheating, but who cares?

I don't really care what equipment is in the game I love this game, haven't touched another since I started playing months ago but just don't take out the empty whiskey bottles I have a lot of fun scaring the crap out of people with them, lol!

VSS Vintorez

My opinion this gun is over powered for DayZ a silenced sniper would be nice but I think only an effective blood damage of no more than 4000.

My opinion this gun is over powered for DayZ a silenced sniper would be nice but I think only an effective blood damage of no more than 4000.

Nope, it needs to be the same as it currently is (2 shot or so) but needs to be rare as fuck.

I'm talking 1 in 1000 rare. Also mags can't be common.

Nope, it needs to be the same as it currently is (2 shot or so) but needs to be rare as fuck.

I'm talking 1 in 1000 rare. Also mags can't be common.

Meh to each his own.

VSS Vintorez

Yes we need this, I belive it is already in arma 2 just not in DayZ.

From the latest Changelog

* [REMOVED] - M107 and AS50. (Removed from game)

* [REMOVED] - Removed all military weapons with any attachment from loot tables. (Not removed from game)

I've been looking at the stats on that VSS...

I'll have to call BS on an "Effective range" of 600 meters with a subsonic round from a 8 inch barrel, especially in light of notorious loose tolerances of Russian weapons tech.

Unless "Effective" is hitting the broad side of a barn :)

I've been looking at the stats on that VSS...

I'll have to call BS on an "Effective range" of 600 meters with a subsonic round from a 8 inch barrel, especially in light of notorious loose tolerances of Russian weapons tech.

Unless "Effective" is hitting the broad side of a barn

It is a very good gun and with practice 600m can be done.

The crafting system was left a bit vague, what all can be crafted?I would however like to see the Mk 17 added.

Edited by Bondue

It is a very good gun and with practice 600m can be done.

That sounds like max range, not effective range.

Looking for different sources on "Effective range":

--Wiki says 600m

--Most articles that talk about it say 400m

--The only article that I could find that actually shot it says 300m

http://sadefensejour...p/?p=372&page=2

For comparison, Wiki puts the effective range of the M24 (a dedicated bolt action 7.62mm sniper rifle) at 800m.

I'm not looking to get in a pissing match about it, just that the 600m number is VERY inflated given the mfg specs, short barrel, and subsonic round. Ballistic physics are a bitch.

Edited by SpudmanWP

That sounds like max range, not effective range.

Looking for different sources on "Effective range":

--Wiki says 600m

--Most articles that talk about it say 400m

--The only article that I could find that actually shot it says 300m

http://sadefensejour...p/?p=372&page=2

For comparison, Wiki puts the effective range of the M24 (a dedicated bolt action 7.62mm sniper rifle) at 800m.

I'm not looking to get in a pissing match about it, just that the 600m number is VERY inflated given the mfg specs, short barrel, and subsonic round. Ballistic physics are a bitch.

I agree with you 600m is pushing it, I'm just saying it's possible. I wouldn't try a 600m shot with it.

It has the energy and velocity of a 45. It's not very powerful, it's designed for absolute silence, not power. Damage should definitely be under the 3000 mark.

Right now it does over 18,000 damage (absurdly silly).

I wouldn't try a 600m shot with it.

That is the difference between "Max Range" and "Effective Range". Many people confuse the two.

That's what happens when you build your weapon tables from wiki. :D

When it comes to impact energy, velocity rules (1/2mv^2)

Edited by SpudmanWP

It has the energy and velocity of a 45. It's not very powerful, it's designed for absolute silence, not power. Damage should definitely be under the 3000 mark.

I thought it did about 9000'ish damage, time to look it up on the config browser.

Edited by Shrimpy223

VSS Damage is at 13; so it does 9,387.95 Blood Damage per shot which is over powered.

I also noted that the penetration is 1/3rd of 7.62 NATO rounds which is weird as the 9x39 Round is supposed to be armour-peircing. Or is it just the SP-6 that is AP?

VSS Damage is at 13; so it does 9,387.95 Blood Damage per shot which is over powered.

I also noted that the penetration is 1/3rd of 7.62 NATO rounds which is weird as the 9x39 Round is supposed to be armour-peircing. Or is it just the SP-6 that is AP?

That's about what it should be, the slow bullet travel and limited range (500m being the absolute max, but only on stationary targets) balances it out.

SD sniper rifles are not OP, you've just never used them and they sound scary to you when in actual fact they're 10x harder to get a kill at any sort of range than a regular unsuppressed rifle.

On the subject of suppressed sniper rifles, one must consider several things. Ammunition rarity, suppressor duration, and then the overall performance of the weapon.

With the current paradigm, one cannot run "non-SD" (i.e. supersonic ammunition) rounds through suppressed weapons. I'm not sure whether this will be carried to SA or whether it'll be dealt away with in the mod.

If suppressed weapons are allowed to use supersonic rounds, that opens a whole new discussion. However, it should negate most sound dampening and maintain the same downrange performance as a non-suppressed sniper rifle. Likewise, when using "SD rounds" or subsonic rounds, the downrange performance (effective range, damage, etc.) is degraded at the benefit of being fully suppressed. This is in itself balanced if the SD weapons were altogether rarer than non-suppressed sniper rifles to justify the extra capability of being able to use both types of rounds (as already exists with unsuppressed weapons using "SD rounds").

If suppressors are crafted/scavenged, it is likely that they will have some sort of limited duration related to rarity. Meaning, one could make a suppressor out of a potato... but it'd only last one shot and would use up the commonly found potato. As a mid-range, one could craft a makeshift suppressor (out of an oil filter for instance) which would last ~30 rounds (insert variable here). At the high-end, a properly looted rare suppressor would last on the order of several thousand rounds if not tens of thousands (on centerfire rifles, rimfire suppressors degrade much quicker).

As an aside, we've got to get away from the traditional dialogue of "balance" and break away from the paradigm we've got now of attachments being integrated with weapons. The latter paradigm will change in SA and it looks like in the mod with the inclusion of attachments.

So, we've got to now both look at weapons and their attachments. In my mind, if sufficiently hard to find and maintain, any weapon should be able to be included.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

MIRRORS

WE NEED MIRRORS

why:

-so the stupid people can look at themselves - one less "reason" for 3d person

-looking around corners

-signaling

• Like 1