rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

If it ain't here by the tail end of april, i'll consider it dead.

Here's an issue I've been having with the Lee Enfield .303.

Pretty much, surplus ammo for this rifle is very limited in quantity. Here in the U.S. most owners end up handloading if they want to take it out to the range.

So, why is there so much ammo laying about for this rifle in Cherno?

Edited by codestargod

Now this raises an interesting point about a potential game feature.

It would be even more realistic if it were possible for players to make their own ammunition;

That is, if they could find the necessary items such as casings, bullets, primers, die press, gunpowder, primer tool and data sheet for the type of round you intend to make.

These could possibly be found separately, or in large crates as opposed to pre-made ammunition which may normally be found in very small quantities at a time.

It would also mean that players might also need to spend some time collecting their spent casings for reuse if they are not too badly damaged.

I'd imagine that in the outback, there would be tonnes of people content with making their own ammunition on a low budget. If you could find a residence of one such individual, it'd be like striking pay dirt provided you have the necessary skills.

Also, there would be some obvious dangers involved if you are not experienced enough at this... primers could go off and you could loose an eye (temporarily, of course) or even a permanent scar; rounds may misfire and jam or completely destroy the rifle/handgun.

In addition, you'd need to transport your toolkit to a quiet place away from zombie attacks or bandits.

All the more to add variety to the game.

So glorious is this idea that as such, I hereby declare that this be added to the game on pre-release!!!

Edited by codestargod

Here's an issue I've been having with the Lee Enfield .303.

Pretty much, surplus ammo for this rifle is very limited in quantity. Here in the U.S. most owners end up handloading if they want to take it out to the range.

So, why is there so much ammo laying about for this rifle in Cherno?

To equip an army you need ammo, I thought there was a militia before the outbreak (If you're going ArmA 2 plot line) who used Lee Enfields. You'd need to have a lot of ammo for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, then I can offer my alternate theory...

The population of Chernarus are gypsies, and that's where all the .303 in the U.S. has gone.

If possible the standalone should have spawns all over the map but are limited to outside a set radius from other players and survivor bases

Random gear and outfits should also be there when you spawn and if possible a basic back story like "you where a soldier who was sent to evacuate people and control the outbreak" or "you where an average jo who headed for the hills when the outbreak started"

Skills that you start with, improve and learn if you find a relivant book or see players proform the skill enough times and guns require practice to shoot acurately but are still reasonably acurate on the first shots

To equip an army you need ammo, I thought there was a militia before the outbreak (If you're going ArmA 2 plot line) who used Lee Enfields. You'd need to have a lot of ammo for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, then I can offer my alternate theory...

The population of Chernarus are gypsies, and that's where all the .303 in the U.S. has gone.

I prefer the latter suggestion as it makes far more sense.

I would also suggest that the gipsies were also making their own ammunition. In this way, you'd be sure to come across a reloading kit somewhere in Cherno.

Here's one I'd love to get my hands on: http://cheaperthandi...ing-starter-kit 'though it ain't hafta be nothin' too fancy :)

Edited by codestargod

1)Random wooden stick/chlub,could be found in the woods(several types,random weight,damage and durability,randow spawn in the forest area)

*Rocks for throwing into people and distract zombies.Random weight and damage.Could be found anywhere:near the roads,in the woods,etc...

Or maybe to reduce a burden to a server,use a simple system: you go the area(to the forest),where chlubs could be found,you open menu and use option "try to find a chlub",if you lucky enoth,chlub adds to your inventory.

Same with rocks.

2)Fishing rod for fishing.I don't like to eat fish,thou,but the process of fishing is very relaxing and refreshing,especially after the end of the world(i think).

Edited by Answord

H&K G36 is one of the most used used weapons by SF's around the globe for its compact size, pinpoint accurary up to 500m and its low recoil, In the game its absolutely amazing if you use it right! :)

SA80 is a thing of beauty :) (or L85A2) as you may know it.

or the mother of all L129A1 :)

\

Wasn't the L85 the britt gun that always broke and the mag would randomly fall out?

I personally think there should be a ton of melee weapons and pistols. The crossbow and or bow would be cool if there were less guns EVERY WHERE.

Also I don't like the idea of skill trees or anything like that but if there was a fort of XP bar that tracks how often you have used something would be interesting.

Like ive never shot at a target 800m away but I can just pick up a riffle and do it. either way just a thought.

Over all just keep the amount of high powered weapons low. But with less hacking not everyone will have an AS50 so even the standard model might work.

So I guess I didnt offer any real opinions or thoughts :P

Metal detector

For hidden stashes,mines and underground bases searching.Should be very rare and precious equipment.

-hand-made

-professional

-military-type

Edited by Answord
  • Like 1

put all high-tech weapons out of game...

only melee-combat(hatchet, machete etc...), Pistols/Revolver, Carabine/ sniper-rifle, and maximal 5 automatic-weapon... like M16 or AK ...

thats it....

Remember - this is mainly a civil-war out there - not a military-war

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Add thermal weapons/scopes.

Add more russian 50cals to the existing british and american ones, it's supposed to be a soviet block country after all.

Add more high powered assault rifles

Add more high powered sub-machine guns

Remove the crossbow! nobody uses a bloody crossbow only people in competitions.

Remove the crowbar - its useless

or

give admins the ability to add/remove all the above like Sumrak has done on Namalsk with different loot tables, i.e all weapons, noEr7 or noSnipers. Then everybody is happy.

NO...this should not be CALL OF DUTY! :D

put all high-tech weapons out of game...

only melee-combat(hatchet, machete etc...), Pistols/Revolver, Carabine/ sniper-rifle, and maximal 5 automatic-weapon... like M16 or AK ...

thats it....

Remember - this is mainly a civil-war out there - not a military-war

There are plenty of military bases out there. Weapons from them (even if taken) will not disappear. They should be rare, yes. But not gone.

You can kill someone with high end gear with anything, you just need the strategy. Stop trying to lower the difficulty because you're lacking in skill.

......... Stop trying to lower the difficulty because you're lacking in skill.

I am not against lower difficult... - For me in my opinion, the best would be only veteran-servers, without 3rd-person

and less hightech-weopons. THATS DIFFICULT

There are so many campers out there, who are waitin with hight-tech-sniper... thats not fun...THATS COWARD

why not stand your man? - a nice revolver-shoot does it also nice ^^

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I am not against lower difficult... - For me in my opinion, the best would be only veteran-servers, without 3rd-person

and less hightech-weopons. THATS DIFFICULT

There are so many campers out there, who are waitin with hight-tech-sniper... thats not fun...THATS COWARD

Yes I can see you're upset that you die a lot.

It's not difficult to kill someone with a lee enfield, if you have a lee enfield. It's difficult to kill someone with a high end gun, if you don't have one. You need skill to do it. Stop trying to get rid of that. You're the coward, because you can't kill someone you want to take away their advantage that they worked for. If you don't want to die, avoid high traffic areas and walk around the woods for a few hours. Or maybe you could learn to avoid snipers.

Im sure its been posted before but just a reminder... Flashlight Silencers... Obviously they would require a Flashlight and some Steelwool to build, but I think its a hell of a lot more realistic than finding an actual silencer somewhere...

Not sure if already posted, but boat trailers, rowing boats and man-portable canoes/inflatable boats would be awesome, since we'll have some new islands too. Classic boats tend to be hard to hide, but a canoe could be hidden more easily. :)

Not sure if its already been suggested but being able to find military clothing. You can find military weapons and there are barracks, it doesn't seem out of the question that there could be military clothing/gear lying around!

Make them fairly rare obviously, maybe as much so as current camo clothing/ghillie suits but enough so that with perseverance you could get fully kitted out like the current soldier clothing. And maybe variation in the military clothing, maybe have a British style helmet, US, CDF, Russian etc, and repeat for every possible item of clothing, much like how ArmA 3's clothing system works at the moment?

Edited by OTehNoes

What SA really needs? Separate ammunition an magazines. Think about it, it makes sence. If you find ammunition it is more likely that it will by in the box, not magazine. People does not store at home ammo in mags. Thats why it would by more realistic if you could find it separate. It adds new feature to the game. You could have lots of ammo but only few magazines would be enough. But if you wanted to be bandit you would need more. And it would eliminate the problem when you have tons of magazines which are not fully loaded.

What SA really needs? Separate ammunition an magazines. Think about it, it makes sence. If you find ammunition it is more likely that it will by in the box, not magazine. People does not store at home ammo in mags. Thats why it would by more realistic if you could find it separate. It adds new feature to the game. You could have lots of ammo but only few magazines would be enough. But if you wanted to be bandit you would need more. And it would eliminate the problem when you have tons of magazines which are not fully loaded.

Evidently somebody hasn't been watching the dev diaries.

In the standalone, its been said that you can find ammunition separate of magazines. So you can find a glock magazine and an M9 magazine say, but its the same ammunition, but you have to load it into the magazines individually. This means ammo can be swapped between guns provided they use the same ammo and you have the correct magazines, so you can move 5.56 from a STANAG mag to say a G36 mag, or 9mm from an MP5 mag to an M9 (I'm pretty sure its the same casing between those anyway).

Camouflage nets. With those you can hide your vehicles from other players.

Edited by He29irn

Can this topic get moved to the forum category of 'Suggestions' as a sticky?

Can this topic get moved to the forum category of 'Suggestions' as a sticky?

Makes sense to me (I don't mind people making dozens of weapons suggestions threads, either :lol: that's one of my main interests for the standalone).