rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

Maybe,but in today games everyone is a hero,who can kill a dozen of SWAT-robots and destroy a tank by a laser beams from an...

Anyway IRL we are just fragile piece of meat and bones.Broken leg in the middle of the forest in cold and rainy weather? Are you alone?You are dead!

In such open world,like dayz ,people need to cooperate if they wanna live,and they should appreciate their life(and their character's life).Not like now,when everybody jump from a lighthouse just for new respawn point closer to big city,just to take AKM and go to the roof of the hospital to shoot some folks just for fun.

I think we need some mechanisms here to make people to cooperate.Some cruel hardcore systems and mechanisms.

Do you like to kill people?Well you always can play bf.But here,if you going to kill someone,it has to be a good reason for it.Yeah,there should be a lone-wolf maniacs,who kills everyone in their range of fire,but they should be rare,and liven not long enough to see next server restart.Cause this game is not just for shooting,it's mainly for survival and learn how to survive and cooperate.

IMHO

The whole reason most people play games like these is because we can't do this stuff IRL.

If it's too comlex it will just drive people away, we want to be rewarded for our hard work. Not punished for playing.

Pain border system

If i get hurt and feel too much pain i fell unconscious.So i must eat some drugs or drink some Vodka.That's it

So you're talking about the already-implemented pain-killers and the chance of falling unconscious with low health/high damage taken? Just saying....

But I do like your idea with surgery, because it always puzzled me how one can perform a blood transfusion with just a blood bag. I mean, there are quite a lot of surgical tools involved in this process, such as a syringe, a needle w/a one-way valve to go into the body, a bed to lay on so you don't move around with a needle in your arm, etc...

Also, the problem with where the bullets/bolts go when they hit you. Obviously, some bullets penetrate all the way through, but most of the lower-caliber weapons (i.e. MP5, G17, all the 9x19mm weapons) are actually designed not to have the bullets do this. If you will recall...

The SMG was used extensively during WWII, primarily due to the light weight that both the weapon and its ammunition provided. Another critical factor of it's use was the fact that it could very easily leave a victim alive. Now, in the moments of a battle, this is a curse to the user of the SMG. HOWEVER, in the long run, that victim would have to go to a hospital after the battle was over and would be out of the action for well over 3-4 months, if not longer. From a strategic standpoint, this was extremely beneficial to the user of the SMG because now, instead of just killing one person, you are effectively removing him from the battle AND occupying the time of the enemy to take care of this person, who is riddled with bullets.

So yes, I do agree that all the 9mm weapons should have a very high chance of being stuck inside the victim and careful surgery should be performed to remove the bullet. But obviously, weapons such as those that use STANAG rounds would penetrate right through, and that is nothing to say about what would happen to those unfortunate fools to fall victim to an AS50!

Also, I believe a critical element to the game-play is missing, one that you mentioned several times...

VODKA

So you're talking about the already-implemented pain-killers and the chance of falling unconscious with low health/high damage taken? Just saying....

VODKA

I'm talking not about a problem that you can fix by take a pack of painkillers and that's it.You just go and feel fixed like a robot.

I mean this problem is a process,and you have to fight with it for some time,and you have to take an actions(take pills to fight with pain,for example,or stop bleeding,or treat the wound again) in time delays,like drink water or eat food.Medical equipment should be very valuable in this situation(and Vodka too).

And you can fall unconscious in several situations:

1)take a lot of damage

2)feel a lot of pain(this is not the same as damage)

3)kiss a flying club

4)when you are hungry or dehydrated or a very sick

5)you'v met your mother-in-law in underwear

Vodka !

Edited by Answord

Something I would really like to see is an small scale alternate to tents.

In particular, I think it would be very useful to be able to store backpacks in the wilderness.. say, the ability rope your backpack to a particular tree or half bury & hide it with your E-tool, which would allow careful players to preserve small amounts of gear in a semi-permanent state and without having to rely on a tent. Because, really, managing a camp sucks.

Sure, they would be harder to find, but I'm sure they would be used more often. I guess I would try to limit the ability by requiring some special supplies to keep your gear from weathering/degrading, and a e-tool or rope to unlock the action. I really haven't put a ton of thought into the concept, but as of now I feel that camps suck because they're bulky, very hard to keep up, and honestly feel like they require a permanent commitment. I really like the concept of earning the ability to keep some basic supplies around, but not having to become attached to hoarding.

Could we add the toilet-paper to the throwables table?

It doesn't make a lot of sense throwing it, but it also doesn't make a lot of sense that you can't

Must admit the 1st time i saw toilet-roll in game tried to light it with matches...

Was thinking it could do little damage, offer a small about of light at night and as a distraction for Z's

-snip-

I agree with this. Players should be able to hide their gear with less fear of it being stolen. It'd also be nice to establish a home or place to rest and store equipment. Perhaps a large tent that is actually accessible or a makeshift shack made out of materials like sheet metal and logs from the forest. That could add another use for wood piles. There would be limits of course, so players don't go making an entire city of shacks in the forest.

Probably been mentioned many times before, but we should really have a PKM and an RPK-74 in the game. They're appropriate to the setting, they're very common weapons, and they are not overpowered. I hope with the addition of the Sa58s and a couple other weapons that we will see these added too.

My Only Idea:

- The ability to hit somebody with you gun which makes them lay on the floor and can't move (Similiar to Takistan Life) you can loot them while they're like this and also using rope can tie them up and carry them (EVERYBODY LOVES KIDNAPPINGS)

Something I would really like to see is an small scale alternate to tents.

In particular, I think it would be very useful to be able to store backpacks in the wilderness.. say, the ability rope your backpack to a particular tree or half bury & hide it with your E-tool, which would allow careful players to preserve small amounts of gear in a semi-permanent state and without having to rely on a tent. Because, really, managing a camp sucks.

Sure, they would be harder to find, but I'm sure they would be used more often. I guess I would try to limit the ability by requiring some special supplies to keep your gear from weathering/degrading, and a e-tool or rope to unlock the action. I really haven't put a ton of thought into the concept, but as of now I feel that camps suck because they're bulky, very hard to keep up, and honestly feel like they require a permanent commitment. I really like the concept of earning the ability to keep some basic supplies around, but not having to become attached to hoarding.

On this note, here are some ideas..

The map item could be made such that it is unique to a player.. In this case a player could place markers and notes on it identifying where the loot was hidden. In order for another player to find these items, they would need to steal this player's map and go on a treasure hunt.

Another interesting item that could be included is a small camera (one of the very old ones that requires a roll of film polaroids). This way a user could take snapshots of interesting things for future reference.

Players should also be able to secure and conceal their items in trees as long as they have a sack to keep the items in, some rope and camouflage netting for proper concealment. Another way could be in small dug out holes if they have a strong shovel and as long as the items are small.

I wouldn't worry about the map being saturated with lots of buried treasure. It would be fun if in trying to bury treasure, you dug up someone else's... it happens all the time.

In any case, items could not be stored there indefinitely as players would have to return once in a while to either move them or maintain their hideout, as the hideout's effectiveness should degrade over time. As time passes, the older buried treasure is slowly revealed to other players on the map as newly spawned loot (with potentially very high value).

The mechanism of revealing buried loot instead of spawning new loot could also be integrated into the loot generation mechanic as a means of limiting the actual amount of spawned loot to a finite controllable value. It is also a nice way of implementing randomly spawned items.

If the developers keep to the object oriented framework in coding, then all of this should be easily implemented. Or, they could hire me to do it for them.

Edited by codestargod

The whole reason most people play games like these is because we can't do this stuff IRL.

If it's too comlex it will just drive people away, we want to be rewarded for our hard work. Not punished for playing.

People have -very- differing views on "complexity". Nobody's asking for a "surgery" system whereby you're playing "Operation" or have to go to med-school for eight years.

I think the premise of DayZ is profoundly oriented toward a sophisticated experience and the player-driven response only lends credence to that.

I want to have the ability to intoxicate a person in 2 min using a EPI pen, making the player sleep.

Just make the EPI-pen have dual functions. Intoxicate or wake up player from "sleep/koma".

uYyAPIi.png

the "RocketSuit"

-immune to zombie attacks until it gets destroyed after X amount of hits

-can be used to attract zombies with a roadflare and a signal horn while others can loot a specific area easy

-cant run

-cant use backpack while wearing

-only your hands to carry objects

-getting out of it safe you need your teammates to get rid of the zombies

-cant use weapons because of limited movement

-cant eat drink while wearing

what do you think?

Random thought... it would be nice to be able to make a "scout rifle" in the standalone.

The "scout rifle" is a concept proposed by the late Col. Jeff Cooper, intended to be a jack-off-all-trades rifle.

Basic specifications pertinent to gameplay are:

-.308 caliber

-low-powered forward mounted optic

-ghost ring iron sights

-light weight

-bolt-action

Seems to me like it would make a good survivor's rifle (also I just think they're cool).

Here are some factory interpretations:

hgzhRrr.jpg?1

YYQDAX0.jpg?1

K3At6CD.jpg?1

Random thought... it would be nice to be able to make a "scout rifle" in the standalone.

The "scout rifle" is a concept proposed by the late Col. Jeff Cooper, intended to be a jack-off-all-trades rifle.

Basic specifications pertinent to gameplay are:

-.308 caliber

-low-powered forward mounted optic

-ghost ring iron sights

-light weight

-bolt-action

Seems to me like it would make a good survivor's rifle (also I just think they're cool).

Here are some factory interpretations:

hgzhRrr.jpg?1

YYQDAX0.jpg?1

K3At6CD.jpg?1

Ow look, another military-grade weapon.

No.

The "scout rifle" is a concept proposed by the late Col. Jeff Cooper, intended to be a jack-of-all-trades rifle.

Freudian nip...

Maybe,but in today games everyone is a hero,who can kill a dozen of SWAT-robots and destroy a tank by a laser beams from an...

Anyway IRL we are just fragile piece of meat and bones.Broken leg in the middle of the forest in cold and rainy weather? Are you alone?You are dead!

In such open world,like dayz ,people need to cooperate if they wanna live,and they should appreciate their life(and their character's life).Not like now,when everybody jump from a lighthouse just for new respawn point closer to big city,just to take AKM and go to the roof of the hospital to shoot some folks just for fun.

I think we need some mechanisms here to make people to cooperate.Some cruel hardcore systems and mechanisms.

Do you like to kill people?Well you always can play bf.But here,if you going to kill someone,it has to be a good reason for it.Yeah,there should be a lone-wolf maniacs,who kills everyone in their range of fire,but they should be rare,and liven not long enough to see next server restart.Cause this game is not just for shooting,it's mainly for survival and learn how to survive and cooperate.

IMHO

I think you should do some research :) The human body is capable of a lot more than people think.

Look at some of the top brass in the millitary, Heck even the low. You would be amazed what you can do when your put through it.

2 years millitary service. I have endured things i thought unbareable.

I don't acturally play DayZ Yet because my pc is junk and can't handle it, but in the next 14 weeks I will be. I watch many videos about it etc.. And I would love to see some sort of throwing knife?

ugg.. The G36 is a horrendous rifle. Very ugly in design. Not sexy at all.

One of my quests will be to put down anyone who has one of these. It would be the humane thing to do.

Now the M16... hell yea baby!!! This is a thang of beauty. Surely the GI's would have left a few of these sexy animals to roam free in Chernaruse after the conflagration...

H&K G36 is one of the most used used weapons by SF's around the globe for its compact size, pinpoint accurary up to 500m and its low recoil, In the game its absolutely amazing if you use it right! :)

SA80 is a thing of beauty :) (or L85A2) as you may know it.

or the mother of all L129A1 :)

Ow look, another military-grade weapon.

No.

:lol: Funny you say that, since it was designed specifically for civilian use! Just a bolt rifle...

Freudian nip...

Guilty.

:lol: Funny you say that, since it was designed specifically for civilian use! Just a bolt rifle...

Guilty.

Lee Enfield with a scope would be epic tho

• Like 1

uYyAPIi.png

the "RocketSuit"

-immune to zombie attacks until it gets destroyed after X amount of hits

-can be used to attract zombies with a roadflare and a signal horn while others can loot a specific area easy

-cant run

-cant use backpack while wearing

-only your hands to carry objects

-getting out of it safe you need your teammates to get rid of the zombies

-cant use weapons because of limited movement

-cant eat drink while wearing

what do you think?

Not being able to use weapons while wearing? I don't like it. Plus, where does your pack go while wearing it?

I would like to see something like this, maybe riot armour. But not exactly like your idea.

Lee Enfield with a scope would be epic tho

Oh look another military grade weapon.

No.

Lee Enfields are military grade, despite being old. They're much more military grade than a civilian scout rifle.

Add thermal weapons/scopes.

Add more russian 50cals to the existing british and american ones, it's supposed to be a soviet block country after all.

Add more high powered assault rifles

Add more high powered sub-machine guns

Remove the crossbow! nobody uses a bloody crossbow only people in competitions.

Remove the crowbar - its useless

or

give admins the ability to add/remove all the above like Sumrak has done on Namalsk with different loot tables, i.e all weapons, noEr7 or noSnipers. Then everybody is happy.

• Like 1

Hi Rocket, one thing i'm hoping for is smaller number of key bindings, ergo same keys for walking and controlling cars planes helis and so on, there's so many i don't even know what half of em do. plus joining a server takes about 5 minutes, even with a 40 mb down and 8 mb up net speed, one loading screen instead of 8.

just a small edit. decided to check out any news on warz, and unfortunately its getting worse for their fanbase. ie prices for their monthly server rentals.

http://forums.playwarz.com/showthread.php?135823-Private-Server-Rentals-are-Back

Edited by Turrel

I would like to see customizable vehicles ala Mad Max!