rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

My "no advanced weapons" opinion seems to be reflected by Rocket:

"'It's not going to be about advanced weaponry. The only advanced weapons that are going to be in are the ones with attachments'."

Your opinion of "add something because it's uber cool" =/= product improvement.

Retarded comments easily elicit rage. The tears will be rolling down your cheeks if and when the standalone fails to add in Hueys, Messerschmidts and miniguns.

Also, welcome to my ignore list... people who hold differing and strong opinions are fine - but people who start throwing juvenile insults aren't worth dealing with.

It's funny that you like to make things up, because at no point did I say that I wanted to add anything in "because it's cool".

I was stating that your logic was flawed, you can't add in something because it fits in with the setting, when the setting hasn't even been made up yet. You just went full aspergers on me.

I have faith that no matter what Rocket decides to put in or take out of the standalone, it will be awesome. It doesn't need advanced weapons to keep the tension of hunting people down.

Enjoy the rest of your days. Remember, autism isn't just for Christmas, it's for life!

P.S. I'm not going to add you to my ignore list, because I don't even think you're worth that.

Edited by Cerbo Knight
  • Like 1

Hey what about this for a m4/m16 modification

http://mediacdn.shop....jpg?1352925441

http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Military/PSE%20TAC%2015%20Crossbow/PSE-TAC-15-Crossbow.jpg

its a ar-15 modification definitely dayz worthy, and what about spearguns.

http://www.asudoit.com/retail/scuba/images/hunting_gear/riffe_compseries.jpg

Edited by Vector636

Sis, please.

"Screw it, it's fiction, no need to make sense, and no need for input or product improvement" ?

Get real.

As will I suggest whatever I like.

I believe this is the consolidated weapons suggestion thread - I'll suggest whatever I like.

As you said: let your tard rage commence.

As will I suggest whatever I like...

Edited by JakeFromStateFarm.

The crossbow mod would be cool, BUT according to gews I don't think it would "fit" into the background. If it were an AK mod I'm sure it would be a wonderful idea!

Edited by JakeFromStateFarm.
  • Like 2

No matter what weapons/equipment are put into the standalone, I want Namalsk support ASAP. That is by far my favourite map, and it would be awesome to see it in the standalone. Or at least the capability to let Sumrak (Namalsk's dev) to add it in himself.

The crossbow mod would be cool, BUT according to gews I don't think it would "fit" into the background. If it were an AK mod I'm sure it would be a wonderful idea!

LoL yeah, The mod could be made to fit any rifle, it also has a complete rail systeam for a added cqc grip or if that pesky zombie/deer keeps dodgeing your arrows put a grenade launcher on the lower rail.

And something i've wanted since first playing dayz i would like the revolver to be stronger and since clips will be rarer in the standalone you could make the revolvers speed loader rarer to compensate for the increased strength.

Edited by Vector636

No matter what weapons/equipment are put into the standalone, I want Namalsk support ASAP. That is by far my favourite map, and it would be awesome to see it in the standalone. Or at least the capability to let Sumrak (Namalsk's dev) to add it in himself.

Namalsk wasnt bad thought it was a little open in alot of areas and it wasnt to big pretty easy to walk it but i liked a lot of the buildings and the osprey loot spawns, what about adding it to Chearnarues + like utes.

That would be cool, not sure how well it would work out considering half of the map is ripped out of STALKER so maybe a copyright issue there? Apart from that, I would love to see that.

I'd like to see a Mosin Nagant variant somewhere in game... One of the most mass produced rifles in the world with between 17-21 million in civilian hands. 7.62x54r is the same round the pkm uses, so it could use that, and there are large amounts of surplus and current supply ammunition.

You would have to assume they would be floating around the area. Makes more sense than the Enfield No.4 chambered in 303 British.

• Like 1

You know me. :lol:

I'd rather have the crossbow remain a separate weapon for various reasons. There are a few crossbow designs from the East, the AK-48 is pretty cool for example. Not the most modern or powerful but pretty nice looking... I just want a scope on the crossbow to be honest.

030520105277.jpg

7.62x54r is the same round the pkm uses, so it could use that, and there are large amounts of surplus and current supply ammunition.

I've always said we need a PKM, too...

Edited by Gews

You know me. :lol:

I'd rather have the crossbow remain a separate weapon for various reasons. There are a few crossbow designs from the East, the AK-48 is pretty cool for example. Not the most modern or powerful but pretty nice looking... I just want a scope on the crossbow to be honest.

030520105277.jpg

I've always said we need a PKM, too...

go crossbows maybe bows too. the advantages of arrows are one you can collect them after two bullet proof armor cant protect you, three bolts/arrows travel very fast. the disadvantages are lots of drop, not good at range, hard to use. just some examples.

go crossbows maybe bows too. the advantages of arrows are one you can collect them after two bullet proof armor cant protect you, three bolts/arrows travel very fast. the disadvantages are lots of drop, not good at range, hard to use. just some examples.

It would also be really hard to move around with an arrow stuck through your torso.

Consider all the mass concentrated directly behind the tip of an arrow... yikes. Compared to a bullet they take much less energy to send through something.

As far as I'm aware, arrows don't generally have as much immediate "stopping power" as powerful bullets do, and it also generally takes longer for the animal to die compared to a hunting bullet from a high-powered (I hate that term) rifle.

Maybe the standalone could look at that with a bit more depth...

I'd like to see a Mosin Nagant variant somewhere in game... One of the most mass produced rifles in the world with between 17-21 million in civilian hands. 7.62x54r is the same round the pkm uses, so it could use that, and there are large amounts of surplus and current supply ammunition.

You would have to assume they would be floating around the area. Makes more sense than the Enfield No.4 chambered in 303 British.

Yeah i would also like to see a Mosin Nagant in dayz

Please add some rare black powder guns just for the lulz :D

Please add some rare black powder guns just for the lulz :D

Gun powder?

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but with .45 and 9mm handguns and smgs how about upping the damage a lot but also upping the damage reduction over distance a lot. This way they get the higher damage but only at close range.

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but with .45 and 9mm handguns and smgs how about upping the damage a lot but also upping the damage reduction over distance a lot. This way they get the higher damage but only at close range.

Damage is directly related to velocity. Half velocity = half damage, etc. You can't hit anything at long range with those weapons anyways, so damage reduction over distance doesn't matter so much for those guns. IMO player health should be reduced a bit instead.

incl. K98 mausers also.

• Like 1

but still leave the .45 as the more powerfull weapon.

i would rather have a spring loaded knife then a black powder gun. and seriously how many of these plus ammo are around (i reckon most of em would be in America, seems all the collectors of these guns are there).

i would like an M60.

Edited by DMC14
  • Like 1

i would like an M60.

Speaking of machine guns...

*in sports chant style*

P-K-M!

P-K-M!

P-K-M!

This guy agrees:

y1XHXlW.jpg

• Like 2

I'd like SOME Western Weapons in the standalone, even if there only available from crash sites of some description

The A.C.E mod for ArmA has a lot of items and equipment I would love to see in the standalone. Mostly involving things like; trip wire flares, gas masks, phosphorus grenades, tear gas, flashbangs, etc. Not to mention, a lot of the guns in A.C.E would be great to have as well (i.e. HK16, 17, more M4/M16 varients, SCAR varients, etc.).

I've been playing on a server with it's own mod that used A.C.E, and I must say, it's hella-fun.

Damage is directly related to velocity. Half velocity = half damage, etc. You can't hit anything at long range with those weapons anyways, so damage reduction over distance doesn't matter so much for those guns. IMO player health should be reduced a bit instead.

Bullet weight is also a large factor to damage.

Also it should be known that half velocity =/= half damage. Only in video games is that true.

You can hit someone with a pistol at 100m, it just takes aim and a bit of practice. If you can't, you're not trying hard enough.