rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

I cannot believe this game has gotten to where it has without a chaingun that fires suppressed nuns wielding lightsabers....i can dream

Can I have a UTS -15 shotgun? This is indeed a beautiful piece of machinery!

products.jpg

Also, the Browning Hi-power handgun should be a staple item found in DayZ.

300px-Browning_High-Power_9mm_IMG_1526.jpg

This finely crafted 9mm handgun made by John Browning was distributed and used all over the world. There is no reason why it would not be found locked safely someone's desk drawer in the DayZ world.

Finally, on my Santa Clause list, could I have a bow and arrow set? If you are going to give us a cross bow, is there any reason why we couldn't have one of these?

Edited by codestargod

Also, the Browning Hi-power handgun should be a staple item found in DayZ.

300px-Browning_High-Power_9mm_IMG_1526.jpg

This finely crafted 9mm handgun made by John Browning was distributed and used all over the world. There is no reason why it would not be found locked safely someone's desk drawer in the DayZ world.

Close to it, I really wonder why there isn't any official CZ75 variant in the game or the mod. We already have CZ5xx, VZ58... Why not a CZ75? It was designed on the basis of a Browning HP and is one of the best flag-guns of the czechoslovakian armament industry. Headshoting zombies with this would be so cool.

And that noise <3 DAT NOISE :D

love that thing.

I'll third (or fourth) flare guns that can light up flammable objects, zombies, players.. Please :)

As crafting: kJYxSTz.png + OjSA3Tl.png

unlit molotov soaks object for flare gun target.

Also... Sticks of dynamite :D Pleaaaase !!

Obvious crafting: bgc5QUe.png + wKBm3y1.png

jerry can + dynamite. Ideally you include arbitrary fuse length somehow, e.g. naked sticks and 20 seconds' worth of fuse that you can stack for whatever multiple of 20s fuse the player wants.

Dragon's breath shotgun shells. So we can load one of these as first shell in our shotties: we can set someone on fire.. Even if we first have to hit em with an unlit molotov first.. then plug em with regular shells as they dance on fire.

I'll second arbitrary, or at least all/(some fraction)/nothing, ratios of tracer bullets.

Edited by Hermes

I agree with all who have said there should be fewer military weapons. The most exciting shootouts I've had have been with winchesters, enfields pistols and crossbows. So bring on the shotguns, bolt action rifles, assorted hand guns, bows, crossbows and melee weapons. Add in Mosin-nagant, SKS, O/U shotties, single shot rifles, hell put muzzleloaders in. Less full auto more "do I really want to take this shot?" and "Yay! I actually have a gun!".

As far as melee weapons, machettes, hatchets, baseball bats wrenches, sickles, hammers etc. should be sufficient. Why would there be a Katana in a politically and economically unstable former soviet state?

• Like 1

I haven't read this entire thread, so if my idea is a duplicate, please disregard it. I did see where one person mentioned including an actual military flame-thrower, in the stand-alone. Not a bad idea, but what about improvised flame-throwers as well? Nothing more than a cigarrette lighter attached to a spray-can of compressed, flammable liquid. Could be hair-spray, bug-spray, paint (someone mentioned spray paints already), aerosol air-freshener, you name it. Of course, to be realistic, it would have to have a very limited duration of use and when you run out you'll need to find new (full) cans and lighters.

I agree with all who have said there should be fewer military weapons. The most exciting shootouts I've had have been with winchesters, enfields pistols and crossbows. So bring on the shotguns, bolt action rifles, assorted hand guns, bows, crossbows and melee weapons. Add in Mosin-nagant, SKS, O/U shotties, single shot rifles, hell put muzzleloaders in. Less full auto more "do I really want to take this shot?" and "Yay! I actually have a gun!".

As far as melee weapons, machettes, hatchets, baseball bats wrenches, sickles, hammers etc. should be sufficient. Why would there be a Katana in a politically and economically unstable former soviet state?

Why shouldn't there be military weapons in a country littered with American military bases? Even if looted, weapons don't just disappear. They will still be around.

While less military weapons sounds fun, it will alienate at least 70% of current and potential players so will never happen.

It may be a mod or a gametype eventually though, but I'm 100% convinced that Rocket will never take them out entirely.

more barracks, like at the NE airfield, to give it a purpose.

also broadcastable radio that could be intercepted if your at either olsha or greenmountain or any other radio towers, it would increase players to stop using ts and give it an aspect of intel.

more barracks, like at the NE airfield, to give it a purpose.

also broadcastable radio that could be intercepted if your at either olsha or greenmountain or any other radio towers, it would increase players to stop using ts and give it an aspect of intel.

No, people will still use TS/Skype. Ease of communication wins battles in games like DayZ, no-one will ever give up that for a built in radio.

No, people will still use TS/Skype. Ease of communication wins battles in games like DayZ, no-one will ever give up that for a built in radio.

than a ts3 plugin, like acre, buy dayz

Copied and pasted from my post in the ACRE support thread, as it's relevant here also:

Regarding Teamspeak - that's not something Rocket or the devs can control - if people want to use Teamspeak to effectively work as a team or just to talk bollocks to each other while they're playing a game, then they're going to do that no matter what you add in-game. However, Radios could potentially add a lot of flavour to the game for those players who aren't part of a regular team but are interested in working with others.

It's difficult to deny the appeal of finding a battered radio as a lone player, scanning the airwaves and coming across a faint voice desperately asking if there's anyone near City X, as they've broken their leg and don't have any morphine. Particularly if side chat is removed from the SA, it'll be a way of sharing information across a wide area.

• Like 1

Wonderful, but you missed the point. Realism isn't any good when you've lost 6 hours + worth of gear because you can't communicate easily with your team...

Anyone who plays with friends or a team will immediately use TS/Skype. Guaranteed.

Why shouldn't there be military weapons in a country littered with American military bases? Even if looted, weapons don't just disappear. They will still be around.

While less military weapons sounds fun, it will alienate at least 70% of current and potential players so will never happen.

It may be a mod or a gametype eventually though, but I'm 100% convinced that Rocket will never take them out entirely.

The whiny force is strong in this one.

You cant stand a fire fight if you're not using a full auto 3 shot kill rifle? That's sad dude, really sad.

What you mean by "alienate" players? explain this, cause people wont stop playing dayZ just because military weapons are more rare.

And, finishing, there's no sense in having american bases on russia anyway, they should be russian bases, that have regular post soviet russian gear, like ak47's, mosin nagants and SKS's.

If you want a heckton of military weapons, so you can pew pews everybody and have funz killing peoples, go play BF3, COD or even regular ArmA.

There's no point in having so much military weapons, only if the game happened on USA, where everybody can have military grade weapons.

Edited by lipemr

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'd love to see horses as a possible "vehicle"

how about zombie horses? :D

how about zombie horses? :D

If horses, then I hereby demand that dogs be included as well!!

Horses have been mentioned by rocket, but he explained it's a pain in the ass to make them work as "real horses" and not "vehicle with horse models".

Dogs are a planned feature.

So will we be having bows and arrows? And if so, how might they be operated? Let's say I have my bow fully drawn, how might I abort this action without firing the arrow?

The whiny force is strong in this one.

You cant stand a fire fight if you're not using a full auto 3 shot kill rifle? That's sad dude, really sad.

What you mean by "alienate" players? explain this, cause people wont stop playing dayZ just because military weapons are more rare.

And, finishing, there's no sense in having american bases on russia anyway, they should be russian bases, that have regular post soviet russian gear, like ak47's, mosin nagants and SKS's.

If you want a heckton of military weapons, so you can pew pews everybody and have funz killing peoples, go play BF3, COD or even regular ArmA.

There's no point in having so much military weapons, only if the game happened on USA, where everybody can have military grade weapons.

The desire to not play a game ruined by complaining forum members is the only force here.

I enjoy all varieties of weaponry, it just doesn't make sense that they would disappear from the game. Add more basic weapons in by all means, but don't take the higher grade stuff out. What's there to work for otherwise? There needs to be a progression of loot, or you pick up a weapon and then you're suddenly geared. Where's the fun in that? Where's the challenge without superiorly armed enemies? Nowhere. You left it behind when you got rid of military loot.

I mean "alienate" players because 90% of current players are bandits and enjoy killing people, you're the minority if you don't. AKA Go fuck yourself because it's the player's will that shapes this game and if you're not part of the majority then tough shit. If you think you're part of the majority because you're a friendly guy, then you're wrong. More players never use this forum than actually use it, guaranteed. You're just going to have to live with it, or find a new game to fuck your boyfriend in the ass in.

Finally, if you played ArmA 2 then you'd know why there are military bases all over Chernarus and it would make sense that there are a lot of American weapons around. It doesn't make sense to have older post soviet weapons anyway, Chernarus is set in 2009, or thereabouts. Even if the bases where Russian, they would be filled with modern Russian weaponry, so essentially the same as the Americans but with a different skin on it. No SKS's. No AK-47's. No Mosin Nagant's. Not in any large quantities.

I do enjoy killing people on DayZ because you have to work for your gear, the thrill of the firefights are unlike any other game I play. FYI, I do play BF3 and occasionally ArmA 2. No CoD though.

I've come to the conclusion that you're a fucking delusional idiot, and have no idea about half of the player base and what weapons should actually be put in or taken out of the game. If making DayZ was up to you, you'd ruin it before it even launched.

Considering the game takes place in Chernarus we should see less M4s/M16s and more G36s.

wat.

the ak racks in balota should spawn with 10 aks and gradually get looted.

it would be great.