Sign in to follow this  
Deadpoolio

Can my computer run Dayz?

Title says it all, I want to know if I can run Dayz before I buy the arma combined ops deal. My specs are:

HD 5650 video card

Phenom II triple core processor 2.1GHz

4GB of RAM

Thanks in advance for helpfull replies :D

Unless you really have the extra $30 you feel like shelling out, the standalone isn't toooo far away. With all the hacking and whatnot going on right now, my broke arse wouldn't be buying it. Don't get me wrong though, it's a freakin great game.

But yes, you will be able to run it. How well depends on what server your in, last time it was rebooted, how many players there are, and where you are in the map (in/out of cities).

or just test it on a private hive before buying the game... i didnt (and wont) buy arma2, but thats what private hives are for arent they ;)

yeah don't worry i know people with less of a set up than you who still play. just make sure your playing on med-low graphics

Edited by DaSmooze

or just test it on a private hive before buying the game... i didnt (and wont) buy arma2, but thats what private hives are for arent they ;)

Wait, can you actually play dayz on a private hive with a pirated version? My friends been wanting the game but doesn't have the money.

someone said the stand alone version of the game isn't too far away but I've not heard anything about a release date or even a jump from alpha testing to beta testing yet which usually means there is 3+ months left before the retail version of the game is ready :/