Snort (DayZ)

Destroying Friendships

Sounds like a care bear hipster little kid. If you cant handle playing a game to play the game and have fun then gtfo i bet your friends had alot better time in this game then you ever will because your a try hard. No1 care about your problems at home so dont bring them here.

Any kid that lets a video gave effect them in real life is a babby and should be shot and killed so we can have fun in games and stop being care bears.

Are you talking about OP? Cause i read it more like he didnt want to deal with exploiting and un-necessary DM

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with killing players; that's what the game is about for many of us. But if it's true that they have acted like assholes towards you in real life, then you should definately grief them and stop playing with them altogether.

Personally I think you're going about it all wrong, what you should try to do is kill them 1 by 1 but make it so they don't know who is doing the shooting/killing, start saying things like "who's shooting?" and then claim you saw one of the other guys trying to shoot you.

Basically try and make it so they mistrust each other and lose that comfort of being a team which might cause them to play solo and become bored, or just leave game all together.

And you can claim you no longer want to play with them because they might just shoot you in back again.

Re. OP: If I were in your position I would report them anonymously to administrators to get them banned from the game. Slaying them will teach them nothing. If you feel this strongly about what they are doing, blow the whistle on them already! Besides, it doesn't matter if they're your friend or not. If you don't speak up and do something, you become part of the problem.

Once Rocket's "player remains in the world for a while after disconnecting" feature is implemented in 1.7.1, this problem will not be an issue anymore. Zombies will tear apart disconnected players where they stand. This form of disconnect protection worked for Freelancer (space game), it'll work for DayZ.

So, these guys are exploiting and griefing...

I'd say thats due a report+ban nevermind shooting them.

You're... kind of a self righteous prick and a terrible friend if you want to end a friendship with somebody you knew prior to Day Z just because they like killing randoms in a video game. Seriously, not even trying to troll, but that's just... abnormal.

Disconnecting to avoid death is lame, but seriously... cutting ties with him for it? You don't find that a wee bit extreme? How long have you known this person?

I've gotten into fist fights with friends before and we've gotten over it and went back to normal, this is like some female-on-her-period level grudge shit right here.

• Like 1

The exploiters will all leave once the game is fixed, however I love the fact that people assume "deathmatching" in DayZ is unrealistic. There are absolutely people who would bunker down in small groups and steal/kill everyone and anything that wasn't "one of theirs" if the shit hit the fan.. some of them might even kill people who ARE "one of theirs." The point is, in day z, if you didn't see the guy first, or if you weren't a better shot.. you deserved to die.. Every death is a mistake you can learn from, and get better... every life is an inevitability to eventually die again.

You're... kind of a self righteous prick and a terrible friend if you want to end a friendship with somebody you knew prior to Day Z just because they like killing randoms in a video game.

Did you perhaps miss the part where they were fucking thieves, bullied kids and threatened to murder him?

Sounds like they're the scum of the earth and the fact that he hasn't left them before now is crazy.

Kill em. Cheap lil P*ssies. People tell you "its just a game" are the same who rage when they Die.

You're... kind of a self righteous prick and a terrible friend if you want to end a friendship with somebody you knew prior to Day Z just because they like killing randoms in a video game.

Did you perhaps miss the part where they were fucking thieves' date=' bullied kids and threatened to murder him?

Sounds like they're the scum of the earth and the fact that he hasn't left them before now is crazy.

[/quote']

I assumed he meant the friends of his friend. Why would anybody remain friends for years with somebody who threatened to murder them on a regular basis?

I assumed he meant the friends of his friend. Why would anybody remain friends for years with somebody who threatened to murder them on a regular basis?

I hear the cool kids are the ones to hang out with... yeah...

That's an epic story. It touched me by the soul. And I am serious.

If I were you I would... I don't know. I believe the right thing is to fill them with bullets, but would I do it? Probably not.

I would just leave. Killing these people is good, but I(if I were you) have things in common with them.

I know for sure that you should leave them and their annoying style of play. And also warn people about such persons.

Or you could kill them all and start hunting them. Might be hard and might ruin your own fun, which is totally not in killing people pointlessly.

You are the gamer that I hate the most! People who take any fucking game way to fucking seriously! Sounds like me that it would have been fun joining your group of friends. You sound like the only one who would be sucking the joy out of playing the game with your friends. Just have fun and stop treating this game as what you would do in real life. It's a fucking game' date=' get over it and your self! Just have fun or don't play!

[/quote']

Seriously OP, it's a game.

Just kill them and move on to your own style of game play. Or just grab a different server and play there. Why would you keep hanging with people who play in this sort of style ? Man up dude.

Has he not dropped a Frag between there legs yet?????? This is going on for the last week.:(

So far I have been Soloing through DayZ, avoiding other Players as much as possible, Murdering 2(1 Bandit, the other just some guy who ended up in the same building as me and I just started shooting), managed to avoid confrontation with 2 groups of 2, killed by Players twice(1 was probably my fault, but I was too shocked at the moment to bother checking Chat, the other was in the Back as I tried to avoid being detected), killed once by a Nuke cheat, and my last death was from a group of zombies after I ran out of Ammo.

I have opportunity to join up with a group, but I have concerns as to how they might want to play as I'm avoiding the Eletro/Cherno meat grinding of other Players. I have been watching 5 or so different Let's Play series and have seen various weak rationalizations trying to justify Banditry, on occasion it seemed justified, most of the time they just wanted something they really didn't need.

Once while playing I was watching the Chat as 2 Players were making a Trade. One Player was directing the other Player as to what to do. Things like, 'Keep your back to me, walk out the door, turn right..." etc. Player 2 did everything he was told, but when the transaction was completed, his Death message came up, he complained, then Player 1 responded, "I just didn't Trust you", lol. Seemed like such a waste of time that wasn't fooling anyone.

I hear you OP and wouldn't want to be in your position, but that just seems part of the game. Not sure how you should deal with it and can see how this could affect RL friendships. Especially when they are using cheap Disconnect exploits, that seems to be the worst thing they are doing, IMO. It's one thing to just hunt other Players for no reason, quite another to avoid any kind of consequences for doing so. I mean, where's the challenge or fun in the game then? Seems like pointless Stat Whoring.

Ah well, good luck.

If you allow a game to destroy your friendships you were never really friends to begin with. Besides, trust no one. Shoot them in the head and take their beans. They are an unwanted element in the game anyway.

Personally I think you're going about it all wrong, what you should try to do is kill them 1 by 1 but make it so they don't know who is doing the shooting/killing, start saying things like "who's shooting?" and then claim you saw one of the other guys trying to shoot you.

Basically try and make it so they mistrust each other and lose that comfort of being a team which might cause them to play solo and become bored, or just leave game all together.

And you can claim you no longer want to play with them because they might just shoot you in back again.

I agree, This is an awesome idea, play mind games with them. I think if it were me I would totally do this. I love manipulation where I feel it is justified. Lol.

Edited by Psychobob

So it wasn't just me thinking this haha. Mindgames are too much fun.

Really, ignoring all the RL crap, kill them like this. The server hopping thing is shit, I don't care if they're good friends or not, I'd fuck with them constantly for pulling that crap to exploit the game for free kills.

P.S: I read you went along with it, server hopping yourself. That makes you just as bad, correct? Saying you had to do it because they did is an excuse.

Edited by BananaMartyr

You're... kind of a self righteous prick and a terrible friend if you want to end a friendship with somebody you knew prior to Day Z just because they like killing randoms in a video game. Seriously, not even trying to troll, but that's just... abnormal.

Disconnecting to avoid death is lame, but seriously... cutting ties with him for it? You don't find that a wee bit extreme? How long have you known this person?

I've gotten into fist fights with friends before and we've gotten over it and went back to normal, this is like some female-on-her-period level grudge shit right here.

It's a sad day when video games become some kind of philosophical quandary about your friendships in real life.

Jesus fucking Christ. This thread makes my eye twitch.

It's about the person's personality. I cut ties with my friend of 20 years because he started being a complete douche all the time in real life and in game. I just realized that I was above his level of maturity and that it had been going that direction for years. I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I ended it cold turkey and moved on with no regrets.

The fact that it's a game doesn't change the fact that his friends act like immature little kids and he doesn't want to join them or be around it.

Edited by Psychobob

I have had friends like yours. They aren't really good friends. They want you to play with them, and they simply take advantage of you. It isn't a matter of taking the game seriously. This is a matter of taking life seriously. If you are playing with friends that you don't like playing with, then don't play with them. Tell them that you are tired of petty banitry and that you want to play the game like a real man, with friends who are real men.

I don't know if it is necesary to kill them both. Doing it yourself is even riskier. It is better to hire someone to do it for you so your friends don't come at you in real life. They sound like the types who would.

I didn't decide to play Day Z to fucking kill every survivor we came across and just leave without facing any consequences, this basically just made the game into a really bad death match game. I couldn't even comprehend why they'd play it at this point due to not wanting to deal with the zombies, surviving, scavenging, looting, or any of the other core parts of Day Z. They were literally there for the kills and that was all.

After a few days the aborting had gotten to extremes, they no longer even killed zombies or tried to stealth past them due to the aborting.

At this point in time I am enraged, I sit here typing this while they are currently at Balota and have been for the last 6 days. Bragging about their kill count while they live in the bushes using a sniper to spam at people that come anywhere close to the airfield. Whenever they run out of a mag, they leave it at one ammo so they can reconnect to get their entire mag back in the gun. After sniping an "enemy" they disconnect immediately to avoid an onslaught of zombies from the army tents nearby, then demand me to get them their "winnings" from the corpse.

And if a player manages to spot their ghillie suit while they're hiding in bushes? They abort.

The last few days I've managed to get a silenced gun and nightvision.

My question is this:

Should I put these sad, miserable, cheating fucks down and make sure they never get any decent loot what so ever and eventually just stop playing all together?

Yeah you should. It's no longer DayZ to them, just another CoD with player killcount bragging. And you can have all my beans. :beans:

Edited by leeo38
  • Like 1