venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

"Waiting 4 character 2 create" and nothing.

"The datacenter with redux lost power" - admin said :(

Edited by igar

DayZ Redux Alpha v0.2.11

Mediafire Link

Direct Download

Hotfix from 0.2.10 to 0.2.11

Release Notes

• Begrudgingly tuning back Zombie spawning mechanics closer to vanilla, as they seem to be the primary cause of all of the remaining lag/desync/redchain. We'll see how this goes.

Beta Client Update!

Both servers are being updated from beta client 97771 to 98220. It will be required to reconnect to the server.

Download direct from Bohemia

Download from DayZ Redux Mirror

• Like 1

The RangerZ mod isn't being redistributed, it is for personal use by the members of this server. Its not competing with DayZ Redux, its not harming anyone in its existence. So anyone who is not playing on this server needs to stop sucking Vorthos's dick long enough realize you have no horse in this race, this doesn't concern you, nor does your input here matter.

As for Vorthos, thank you, I love that the private hive community has spawned members like you who vastly expand the possibilities of DayZ. I wish you well and look forward to see what else mods like yours bring to the table though.

What I'm less greatful for however is the zeal with which you are currently abandoning all that modding represents. Modding is about opening software, and tweaking it to fit your needs and desires. As already mentioned, DayZ is a mod of ARMA 2, DayZredux is a mod of DayZ. You saw the need for new features so you made a mod for it. But now that someone else has done the same with some of your features, its suddenly wrong? RangerZ is a private mod, for a private community. It has some basis in your mod yes, but is it competing with it? No. It simply a group of people who decided to tweak their server so its tailored to there specific tastes. Which is exactly what DayZredux is for DayZ.

There is no need for this hostility. Call off your Hammer Legion members, and march on. If you have a specific request for credit, you need just make it. There doesn't need to be a flame war about it. If there is a mis-understanding here then the solution is to not start a pissing contest and a community flame war.

Please, my Skype is Captain_Carey. If you have a problem bring it up with me and I'll do my best to mediate it.

The RangerZ mod isn't being redistributed, it is for personal use by the members of this server. Its not competing with DayZ Redux, its not harming anyone in its existence. So anyone who is not playing on this server needs to stop sucking Vorthos's dick long enough realize you have no horse in this race, this doesn't concern you, nor does your input here matter.

As for Vorthos, thank you, I love that the private hive community has spawned members like you who vastly expand the possibilities of DayZ. I wish you well and look forward to see what else mods like yours bring to the table though.

What I'm less greatful for however is the zeal with which you are currently abandoning all that modding represents. Modding is about opening software, and tweaking it to fit your needs and desires. As already mentioned, DayZ is a mod of ARMA 2, DayZredux is a mod of DayZ. You saw the need for new features so you made a mod for it. But now that someone else has done the same with some of your features, its suddenly wrong? RangerZ is a private mod, for a private community. It has some basis in your mod yes, but is it competing with it? No. It simply a group of people who decided to tweak their server so its tailored to there specific tastes. Which is exactly what DayZredux is for DayZ.

There is no need for this hostility. Call off your Hammer Legion members, and march on. If you have a specific request for credit, you need just make it. There doesn't need to be a flame war about it. If there is a mis-understanding here then the solution is to not start a pissing contest and a community flame war.

Please, my Skype is Captain_Carey. If you have a problem bring it up with me and I'll do my best to mediate it.

The biggest contradiction here is, this comes at a time when we were planning on releasing our server pbo's and keys to select administrators that would respect the core vision of what we are working on every day and run their own Redux servers as both our EU and US servers are at capacity. Had they made a single attempt to contact us prior to cannibalizing the changes we worked so hard on this could have been a very different scenario.

Guys, its so simple. If you want to use someone else's work, you ASK PERMISSION FIRST and only proceed WHEN THEY SAY YES. You also abide by any restrictions they may want to impose.

Just because its a mod of a mod does not make it okay to steal anothers work and hard effort. The fact the code is on the Redux website does not make it a free invite to take it and run bits of it on your own server. The mod is there for players to download and play on the two Redux servers.

What hapened to decency, good manners and respect?

If you had an ounce of self-respect in your bodies you'd take Venthos' (who is is vorthos guy? You can't even get his name right) code off your server and apologise.

Shame on you.

• Like 2

Guys, its so simple. If you want to use someone else's work, you ASK PERMISSION FIRST and only proceed WHEN THEY SAY YES. You also abide by any restrictions they may want to impose.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not how the world works. Copying ist standard. If don't have a patent filed or published under a license all you can do is whine about it.

What's the problem here anyway? I mean Redux isn't a commercial endeavour...or is it? So stop fanboyism and just enjoy what you favor!

I hate to break it to you, but that's not how the world works. Copying ist standard. If don't have a patent filed or published under a license all you can do is whine about it.

What's the problem here anyway? I mean Redux isn't a commercial endeavour...or is it? So stop fanboyism and just enjoy what you favor!

I don't hate to break it to you at all... in fact I'm loving breaking it to you. Its only how the world works if you're a thief, pirater (same thing), copyright infringer (hm, same thing again), or hacker (oh look), or other form of scumbag asshole.

The world works by people creating things and having the ownership rights to them and others who want them either paying a fee to use them or buying them or asking decently if its a case of free code in a game mod.

You are another person who wasn't taught plain good manners as a kid. You don't take, you ASK. Its not a case of legalities its a case of morals. One causes upset, frustration, disrespect and fragments a community, the other generates only positive effects and results.

This isn't anything to do with fanboyism, its to do with what is right and what is wrong. If you can't tell the difference you are not qualified to hold an opinion on the matter. I have been in too many communities where this has happened before and in every. Single. Case. Badshit would have been avoided if only people had acted decently and been polite and asked. That's all.

...and having the ownership rights...

Ownership and rights are a relative modern idea. They only count if one can defend it. Otherwise the huns will ride in and burn everything they can't take away.

You are another person who wasn't taught plain good manners as a kid.

I'll tell that to my mother. She will come and teach you manners.

You don't take, you ASK. Its not a case of legalities its a case of morals.

I'm tempted to quote some Dschingis Khan here. Morals are for people who don't have an army of huns at their command. ;-P

If you can't tell the difference you are not qualified to hold an opinion on the matter.

Where can I get a qualification for my opinion? You? :lol:

Sorry, but I can't take this seriously anymore. I made my points in the Redux-Board. Read that! Think about it. Stop giving me crap.

Wait. I'm discussing present day theft of computer code and you're fucking talking about the... Huns? What fucking planet is your brain on? You think that's a relevant debating point? I suppose you also think Hitler had some good ideas - I mean he had to be right with an army that tough, surely? I think we'll wrap the conversation up there, you're clearly down in a lower order of primates with these thoughts.

"You don't steal, you ask nicely." Now go away and write that out a hundred times, little chap.

Wait. I'm discussing present day theft of computer code and you're fucking talking about the... Huns? What fucking planet is your brain on? You think that's a relevant debating point? I suppose you also think Hitler had some good ideas - I mean he had to be right with an army that tough, surely? I think we'll wrap the conversation up there, you're clearly down in a lower order of primates with these thoughts.

"You don't steal, you ask nicely." Now go away and write that out a hundred times, little chap.

*sigh*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Hitler gave a shit about your morals because he had an army. You wouldn't have dared to take his shit because he had an army. You can exchange Hitler here for Dschingis Khan. Doesn't change the principle.

Plays DayZ, where players get killed for their beans, and doesn't understand morals. Fits perfectly.

tommes, please take your copy/paste shit elsewhere. we don't want you here. if you feel ok with stealing someone elses talent and masquerading it as your own, you need more help than anyone here can give you.

...if you feel ok with stealing someone elses talent and masquerading it as your own...

Can anybody fuckin read these days?

A person that is unable to empathise with others and purposefully puts their own desires before morals or principles is generally referred to as a psychopath. Roughly 1 in 100 people is a psychopath (for once I didn't make up a statistic). Which one of those hundred do you think you are?

I'm not unable to empathise. Just unwilling. Because there's no point to it. Pretty hard to understand, isn't it?

There's a thread in the DayZ-Redux-Forum. Read that! I made myself clear there. If you then still don't get what I'm saying, I will have to classify you as a moron.

I'm not unable to empathise. Just unwilling. Because there's no point to it. Pretty hard to understand, isn't it?

There's a thread in the DayZ-Redux-Forum. Read that! I made myself clear there. If you then still don't get what I'm saying, I will have to classify you as a moron.

I am assuming your post was directed at me, my post was not specifically directed at you, more the people that stole venthos' code to make a profit for themselves. But if the cap fits, wear it.

And yes I did read your posts on redux and even agreed with at least one of the points you made, I was very aware of all the others as being based on 'fact'. I am sure you feel strongly about your opinions, and being devil's advocate is something I am all too familiar with. But, venthos is a person and should be treated like a person, especially by a community that would not exist without dedicated people like him who do what they do because they love it. When degenerates come along and treat him like a mule that is only there to pull their wagon, I think that is wrong, and so do many others.

Apathy is the decay that taints our modern culture. I hope you can understand why we would like to protect and support him as a person and not a mule. Even if it is just for a computer game.

I could empathise more if he wouldn't have de-whitelisted me. I thought he was a nice guy but my picture of him has changed drastically.

He poses himself as the one and only righteous super admin, who can't entrust his precious Mod to others, and who never would misuse admin powers and the like and the first thing he does to somebody telling him the plain and simple truth is practically banning and ignoring. Pretty lame.

I was just typing a cynic piece of him beeing to emotionally fragile for this world respectively the internet...but what the heck? Good night.