Sign in to follow this  
Winch123

Stupidly high ping on servers (some at 10,000)

Hey guys,

I just ran a broadband speedcheck and it came back at 20mb/s and getting download speed of around 4mb/s.

Every game I own runs smooth as a duck's back, but soon as I try DayZ i get keep getting kicked for high ping. Is there an option I am not ticking?

Definitely not a specification problem as its a brand new custom build.

Cheers.

Edit: I use DayZ commander.

Edited by Winch123

I live in the UK. The servers definitely aren't down because my mate is playing on one of them. I read the forums and apparently it could be a battleye problem? So reinstalling thing.

How do I ping the servers in command line? <---noob alert, sorry :(

Find the IP address of the server. Tpo do this I use dayzCommander and right click the name and copy IP to clipboard. From here I paste it so I can type it into the CMD line.

Now you go click the windows button > type CMD > hit enter > type ping [insert IP adress] -t

remove the [] symbols from the CMd line.

This will run a consistent and unending ping test. to get out of it after a significant time to measure stabiity press Ctrl & C at the same time.

Edited by Belisk

Not on my server right now, but it's in the UK and on-line now. See what your ping is on this one, 5.63.147.44:2382.

South Africans can connect to this with sub 200 pings so I know the network is solid.

I have a very similar problem, except that my wifi is on a school server (boarding school)

Anyway, i get lag out around from 400-16000 whenever I play on dayz, but I get 200 ms from africa to the east coast in a broadband and latency test.

And after i get kicked out of dayz, my computer's wifi cannot connect me to any websites, like i fried it out just trying to get on dayz... help?

PS; they log the sites they go on, may that be why? If that is the case, i am techniclly sending information to three servers every second (school logger, dayz server, and another fking logger that my parents installed), all a few kb... help?

Edited by Luckcu13

That happens to me on DayZ commander also. Just connect to servers in your area and try port-forwarding.