KatieKillz

Your ideal Day Z map

Hello hello,

So, I'm curious, if you could have a map tailored to what you like....what would it be? Would it be a big city that's all metro? Maybe a mix of literally half and half? Jungle and city? What about desert with a little jungle? What are your preferences on loot? A little bit of loot and then big gun spawns? What about Lots of good loot evenly spaced? Lots of balanced pvp then.

TL;DR

What is your ideal perfect map?

*Edit*I'm now aware of the gross lack of titty bars in day z.

Edited by KatieKillz

As a bandit and with my playstyle I prefer a map which is predominantly jungle with a few high value major cities and military locations. I prefer Lingor to Chernoraus. Most of the firefights are kind of done in the 100m-500m ranges and sniping can be risky. That said, Id rather a map that was also a well known place like New York and its surrounding areas over somewhere like Cherno, which I had never heard of until the game.

If there was a strip club I could use for this map, that would be the first one I would use, and there would be 17 of them. Unfortunately, there isn't any. I've also considered doing a Fallout New Vegas map. Thoughts?

I like Cherno to be honest, if all the buildings were enter-able it would be pretty nice.

• Like 1

I know chernarus isn't america... but a gun shop in every town would be nice. Place to grab shotguns and decent pistols (obviously requiring larger variety than what we currently have)

aren't you guys tired of running into a barn to find 6 axes, or a double shotty with 2 maybe 4 rounds?

Edited by Charb

St. Louis to Chicago, not usually found in a game, giant map size, + the old Mrs. Sippy! Plenty of Strip club included.

Especially on the east side. Tons of nudie bars.

I know chernarus isn't america... but a gun shop in every town would be nice. Place to grab shotguns and decent pistols (obviously requiring larger variety than what we currently have)

aren't you guys tired of running into a barn to find 6 axes, or a double shotty with 2 maybe 4 rounds?

I roll around with a hatchet 9/10 times, not because I have to, but because it's what I prefer. I know the mass majority doesn't so that's why I feel inclined to ask.

Edited by KatieKillz

I like Cherno to be honest, if all the buildings were enter-able it would be pretty nice.

On the money here. The fact is even if you have a map part of the 'im so effing lost' factor is because its all in russian.

More buildings to enter would be great, shacks out country side. Maybe some more rolling hills near the farms. Some trench like areas would be great to flank around cities or sewer tunnels under electro and cherno and berenzino

Cherno would be my ideal map if the cities were made roughly twice as big as they are now.

I know the actual map is based on a real life locations but surely that doesn't matter.

I want a PvP map that has some hunger games style to it. Maybe round island with low tier loot in the outer circles and in the center a city with loot getting higher tier the more you approach it.

I don't like deserts. Environment therefore like Chernarus or Lingor. Cities I would prefer to be western (europe or american).

not a bad idea, but do you not think a gun shop would be a little empty if a zombie apocalypse was to happen?

Chernarus is a pretty good map imo, i think that a few rivers leading to the sea would make the map perfect. as players would actually have to change their route instead of pressing w till you reach your destination.

I like chenarus, but I think every town should be doubled in size. I like the street to street fighting when it comes down to it. Other than that, I think something like a major city, maybe half the size of the main map... just completely urban would be interesting. But I like the original map the best right now

If there was a strip club I could use for this map, that would be the first one I would use, and there would be 17 of them. Unfortunately, there isn't any. I've also considered doing a Fallout New Vegas map. Thoughts?

I'm a huge Fallout fan, so I obviously approve. However I like the Fallout 3 map better, I think it has the better balance of wilderness and urban, and I especially like the subway system in FO3. The only thing it would be missing are actual wooded areas, similar to the area around Jacobstown. The FO3 map is way too open once you leave DC for a game like this.

As it stands there isn't much urban anything in Chernarus, it's probably 90% wooded area. Something like 30% urban, 60% mix of wilderness and fields, and 10% smaller towns would be most excellent in my opinion.

I also like the idea of having natural terrain obstacles such as rivers, lakes, cliffs, etc.

• Like 1

A big city that actually feels like one.. So cliche.......

On the money here. The fact is even if you have a map part of the 'im so effing lost' factor is because its all in russian.

More buildings to enter would be great, shacks out country side. Maybe some more rolling hills near the farms. Some trench like areas would be great to flank around cities or sewer tunnels under electro and cherno and berenzino

Yeah, enhance Cherno, it's got the best feel to it.

Might get flamed for this, but London with more open space, or New York with additional parks. More high-rise buildings could make for interesting play, and less opportunity for snipers. Obviously the airfield could stay with several in London itself, and the parks could have military tents and spawns which would be fairly open for snipers.

What do you reckon?

• Like 1

I'd love to play on an island with a few islands around it, maybe one being as big as chernarus from kamenka to polana, and the other islands as small as skalisty or a tad bigger

there should be a BIG city at the center of the big island, a few towns on the small islands and a military base at the big citys central

people would only be spawning on the small islands, where boats can spawn, but actually swimming to the big island should "almost kill you"

this would require either help to get to the main island, or luck to find a boat, or enough food/heatpacks/some sort of swimming gear to be able to survive the swimming part

the big city on the main island would of course be the center of attention, and since the military base and spawns are right next to the city, snipig it is easy, but getting sniped as well

just imagine two or three big apartment buildings standing next to an aifield, you get the idea

as to the general climate zone i'd prefer staying with a cold one, maybe something like ireland or russia

Big cities of Chernarus extended with tunnels/sewers and the biggest buildings should have offices and rooms inside. (Hotel for example)

And of course, some island with lots of zombies, a working alarm (Break in and a lot of zombies will get alerted) system and a lot of barracks/bunkers would be nice as well. A proper end-game place, you could only actually enter it if you had a toolbox or some satchel charges for quicker entrance :D So if some new spawn would try to swim and break in, he wouldn't get in.

Edited by Sutinen

Completely unrealistic, but I'd take Seattle, with 95% of the buildings sealed off.

Maybe a second instanced map of the subway and sewer system underneath.

Edited by Dallas

I´m playing Fallujah atm, and I like it so much. Thats a big city, but i agree sometimes I miss the forests, so I would like to see Cherno and another city of Chernarus that big, plus all the rest of the map that already exists. Then you can adapt your playstyle, and the "city" in wich you are won´t be so easy to snipe (you won´t see all the city like it happens now).