jukaga

Tranq guns for standalone

I bet it's been brought up before, but why not introduce tranquilizer weapons in the standalone. It would give bandits an option besides killing people to loot them. The mechanics can be refined, but my suggestion would be after impact of the dart, the victim has about 30 seconds to a minute of blurry vision and involuntary movement then he collapses with the egg timer set at 2-5 minutes, giving ample time to loot the victim and make a getaway before they awaken. This would obviously never get rid of random murders, but would for sure reduce their frequency and could lead to some very fun and hilarious situations.

thoughts?

• Like 13

Cool idea but it might need to have a few tweaks before it would be added to the game. :)

I love this idea, though I somehow see bandits never using this, I certainly would.

Imagine getting pot-shotted by a bandit sniper, just to knock his ass out and leave him with just a water bottle and a hatchet. lulz

Or K.O. anyone in a firefight so the Zedz just start eating them, and you can leg it!

But it more than likely would just become another griefer tool

Beans for you! :beans:

Knock someone out with tranq darts, put them in the back of the car, then drive off a dock. This is exactly how I see it happening to me if this gets implemented.

• Like 4

I like the idea of making people unconscious.

Especially for me it would be great to take out a threat without having the problem to lose my hero skin because sometimes you just cant wait till you got shot first. :beans: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think it would add some interesting dynamics to pvp combat. As for the grIefing dimension I agree it could be used in that fashion but the benefits outweigh the flaws. If someone really wants to shove an unconcious body into a car and run it off a cliff, well that sort of creative play is what makes dayz stand out from the crowd, and that's a pricey kill.

i have a few things to add. One being not incap them exactly and leave access to the menu. Two allow you to respawn from the menu, that way you cant grief coast spawns. and last and my favorite would be make it take a minute or two for it to finally put you down. Less depending on how many you shot them with. Maybe even make one only disorient the player.

Last last one, Too much time spent asleep that way should kill them. That way you cant just permasleep someone.

Addendum If this gets added to the game i pledge in front of everyone. That I Jon Goodhorse shall never shoot to kill. No matter the circumstance.

Edited by noobsmcgee

Great idea for the non killers, I would use a tranq pistol for player encounters allowing me time to look at their gear and run away. What I have to question is when you meet a player, only their backpack is searchable, not their main bodys. Does that mean I have to kill them to search everything they have? This would need changing.

Most players forget they have a BP to put stuff into and they don't use it, If i go around tranq'ing players i would want to see everything they have. A 20 minute unconscious timer would suffice.

Great idea for the non killers, I would use a tranq pistol for player encounters allowing me time to look at their gear and run away. What I have to question is when you meet a player, only their backpack is searchable, not their main bodys. Does that mean I have to kill them to search everything they have? This would need changing.

Most players forget they have a BP to put stuff into and they don't use it, If i go around tranq'ing players i would want to see everything they have. A 20 minute unconscious timer would suffice.

If i knock out someone i can dig into every pocket and you could even ass rape him and he couldn't do anything about it. That should taken into account when you use a tranq gun on someone. You would have to tone down the time a bit otherwise the player might DC or actually they will DC when they get hit anyway.

With players beeing able to turn post processing off which is needed to have the blurry effects it would be no use, so in the end you would have to kill them if they shoot back until the tranqs take effect.

Edited by Enforcer

With players beeing able to turn post processing off which is needed to have the blurry effects it would be no use, so in the end you would have to kill them if they shoot back until the tranqs take effect.

The ACE mod teargas gives you blurry vision even with post processing off.

This wouldn't really change anything, would just make murdering easier. Easier to hit the head when dropped on the floor?

I like the idea of tranq ing someone,it would lead to some great kidnapping situations,if you could quickly strip them of all there belongings

then bundle them in to the boot of your car and drive off somewhere.

that would be awesome.

I support this idea completely. I had a similar idea a couple of days ago, knocking people out with a club. Then someone suggested a stun gun, which might have more of the desired effect, but a tranq gun could work too.

Anyway, here is my idea of how it could work and some examples of what it could be used for:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95566-stunned-knocking-someone-out-with-a-club/

Id love to be able to tranq people.

But the second you got some one, they would Alt+f4 so it wouldnt do much, better of just popping them in the head.

Huh, I like the idea of Tranq guns, would allow for alternatives and some good prankage/punishment.

One addition to the idea, if a humanity system is retained, there should be a small hit to it if players use the tranq gun on non-bandits. Would cut down on excessive punishment free robbing, or from it being used to abuse targets excessively, especially new spawns. That way, we can't have professional robbers going about with hero skins all the time.

Edited by Smalltown

Id love to be able to tranq people.

But the second you got some one, they would Alt+f4 so it wouldnt do much, better of just popping them in the head.

They said standalone should do away with that. Let's hope though tranq guns would be amazing.

I'd tranq a player and drag his / her body to a high zed spawn area for a laugh or line them up on a road where there is vehicle traffic. Shame we don't have trains!

I wish skinning was introduced as well, so could tranq the player and then skin him and leave him in a city store.