Sign in to follow this  
catface.jpg

Zombies: Faster and Headshot Only

no headshots, just leave it as it is and put way more zombies in key towns and loot zones

• Like 1

Basic Biology-Muscles need blood to move. Blood is pumped by heart. put a .308 in a zombie's heart, it doesn't have a heart anymore. Therefore, it cannot move, its brain will have no blood, and will die shortly after. Silly ppl.....

• Like 1

If your heart stops (by cardiac arrest, or being shot if your a zombie) you will suffer no permanent damage for up to 7 minutes, Mr. Basic Biology la dee da.

These infected feel no pain, and are NOT going to stop because you tell them they should. Basic Zombie Psychology. Silly Quaby...

EDIT: How do you think people can have a heart attack and be revived in hospital?

EDIT AGAIN: Anyone who ever clutched their chest going, "I'm having a heart attack!", their heart had stopped already.

Edited by Chabowski

there should be servers with undead zombies and servers with fast infected zombies. i prefer the more realistic infected zombies that dont need head shots because like quaby said if your brain is the only woking thing in the body you cant survive and there is no good reason for the dead to get up and start walking

Edited by apache25

if i made a zombie movie my zombies would go in packs killing and eating the older more feeble ones. they would need food and water to survive they would nest in houses and cellers. my zombies would also feel pain and be as weak as any normal human being.

I would prefer not changing it from the 28 days/weeks later infected, but with higher health than currently (4500) or variable health (3000-10000) depending on time of infection.

I want to see slow zombies, fast zombies, torn limb zombies,female zombies and children... shit-damn i want to see it all !

if i made a zombie movie my zombies would go in packs killing and eating the older more feeble ones. they would need food and water to survive they would nest in houses and cellers. my zombies would also feel pain and be as weak as any normal human being.

I like your zombies :D

• Like 1

Reading thoughts in this thread, I come to agree that perhaps headshot only is a bit too zealous. Someone mentioned a heart-shot, that should probably do it too. Maybe a lung shot means they're dead in 30 seconds or something. Being infection-based zombies, some of the older Romero conventions would have to be relaxed.

My main point is, the current zombies are too simple. A couple body shots with an assault rifle and they fall over dead, instantly. Sometimes even one shot.

Being able to sprint away from them constantly definitely still needs to go. Some sort of actual stamina system that slows your running as you run out of breath would do well here. Maybe not necessarily make them run faster than people, but take away the "infinite sprint" to level things out a bit, make them more balanced.

• Like 1

Reading thoughts in this thread, I come to agree that perhaps headshot only is a bit too zealous. Someone mentioned a heart-shot, that should probably do it too. Maybe a lung shot means they're dead in 30 seconds or something. Being infection-based zombies, some of the older Romero conventions would have to be relaxed.

My main point is, the current zombies are too simple. A couple body shots with an assault rifle and they fall over dead, instantly. Sometimes even one shot.

Being able to sprint away from them constantly definitely still needs to go. Some sort of actual stamina system that slows your running as you run out of breath would do well here. Maybe not necessarily make them run faster than people, but take away the "infinite sprint" to level things out a bit, make them more balanced.

i have to agree with you about most zombies being faster then players or being able to catch up faster but the ROMERO zombies should be in different servers to the ordinary zombies

If you make them as fast as you it will work well also. Think about it, they couldn't catch you constantly running from them, but if you turn to shoot you lose precious speed and they close on you. It could help having a battle buddy around to watch your back.

• Like 1

yeah i think the zombies are already as fast as players but you can outrun them like you can outrun other players in arma 2 multiplayer or chernarus/takistan life

you don't understand the "how zombies work" mythed, they move with electric charges from the brain to their muscles there is no blood to be pumped into their bodies, ZOMBIES CAN'T RUN!!

however

making them spawn indoors and outdoors and random spots also spawn in big numbers, very slow but if they bite you're infected and require a headshot to kill as you said << you wan't realism, that's realism

the current zombies sound more plausible then the living dead zombies and they are more exiting

I know exactly what you mean, but the DayZ "runners" are the absolute best way to keep people on their toes. Rocket already wants to have a Zombie life cycle (where I assume they eventually become "Shambly" and quiet) and in the standalone I would assume a stamina/endurance level will feature. So sprinting endlessly from cross country champion Zeds won't be an option anymore.

Even that in itself will make losing them generally more of a challenge. And by then Zeds will probably be able to run inside (thank fuck) counteracting atleast some of the "Run like a madman to lose them" tactics.

Hopefully encouraging more (attempted) stealth scavenging

I'm all for that. But then stop the aggroing from 200m away. If I'm crouched in a bush, a Zed shouldn't see or hear me from that far away.

Before we all start demanding tougher zombies maybe try playing without cross hairs on a difficulty higher than regular. I am legitimately frightened of the the day I log in to see zombies running though buildings. Of course I am very bad at this, so I will apologize to the bad asses who head shot only on expert and still need a challenge.

I play on expert - there's no difference as far as zombies go. Run and keep running (I like to tease them by suddenly running a circle or running backwards and zigzagging. Sometimes I run around a car and then i pretend i'm going to run one way but then run the other!!). When u need to get rid of them hide in a bush.

I always thought it should be having to sneak around them and weave ur way through trying not to aggro them. It's not like that and you don't headshot zeds on the run, you wait till they're in a house and u do it with a pistol. Quite honestly the only thing I think of when I have zeds chasing me is that they're a huge giveaway to other players. If i was playing Single Player I wouldn't even think about them because right now, for me anyway because I know how they work now (new players die repeatedly as they learn how to avoid them and things), they are an irritation more than anything.

I would agree with you but...

Rocket made it kind of obvious he's going for the infected variant and not the undead variant.

They have blood, bodily functions, need food and drink to survive (hence they attack you). Shoot them in the chest or in the arm, they bleed out, they die.

That's how these infected zombies work and I quite like it.

So no, I don't want faster zombies that can only be killed by headshots.

I want more zombies, shitloads of them. They outnumber you 100 to 1 and detect you fairly easy. That's hard.

Does a zombie shit in the woods? ;)

Trouble is can ur PC or the server handle hundreds of zombies. I'd prefer head shots and slower zeds i think - like The Walking Dead ones. Not too slow but not too fast and lot's of them.

@gelm

Muscles require oxygen to function.

i read an article about zombie's functioning and how they move, unfortunately i forgot bunch of details

I agree with the headshot.. But the zombies run fast enough.. their travel pattern is what needs to change.. Never have I seen a zombie in Hollywood history zig zag all over the place.. Lag through doors and open doors to gain entry into a building.

i read an article about zombie's functioning and how they move, unfortunately i forgot bunch of details

the artical you read does not neccassarily mean that is how all zombies operate you cant think romeros zombies were "the start of zombie horror"

i have read many celtic tales of of the dead walking and feasting on the living. these celtic undead could be killed anywhere on the body not just the head

Edited by apache25

OK let's stop with the "what rl dictates" it's not rl deal with it.

good luck convincing rocket about that.

the artical you read does not neccassarily mean that is how all zombies operate you cant think romeros zombies were "the start of zombie horror"

i have read many celtic tales of of the dead walking and feasting on the living. these celtic undead could be killed anywhere on the body not just the head

i think history has so many story lines about how zombies operate, guess we can't end up with one confirmed myth

• Like 1