Sign in to follow this  
Serious Stan

Punkbuster

yeah punkbusters da da da dat dat daa! a zombie sleepin in yo bed who ya gonna call? PUNKBUSTERS. da da da dat dat daa zombie in yo bath? who ya gonna call? PUNKBUSTERS!!!! da da da dat dat daa

Edited by googlebox
  • Like 2

I see plenty of hackers in PunkBuster games too..

• Like 3

Punkbuster is just as bad as BE once they stop updating, lol.

Battleye Dont work obviously,

Who you gonna call? PUnkbusters!

We've supported games for 10 years across multiple game titles including loads on Punkbuster and to be honest there's just as many hackers playing those as any other. What's more there will always be people willing to cheat or use 3rd party software on any game, regardless. It's a problem that cant be eradicated in the foreseeable future on the PC, not without us pc gamers sacrificing some of the elements that make PC gaming the best format of gaming!

Besides, Battle Eye clearly does work, you only have to look at the "WTF I'm Banned" threads that 1 post wonders make here on a daily basis! And that's just a small proportion of them and the ones who are too thick to go straight to Battle Eye to spew their excuses. Just because it doesnt ban instantaneously, it doesnt mean it's not working.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

We've supported games for 10 years across multiple game titles including loads on Punkbuster and to be honest there's just as many hackers playing those as any other. What's more there will always be people willing to cheat or use 3rd party software on any game, regardless. It's a problem that cant be eradicated in the foreseeable future on the PC, not without us pc gamers sacrificing some of the elements that make PC gaming the best format of gaming!

Besides, Battle Eye clearly does work, you only have to look at the "WTF I'm Banned" threads that 1 post wonders make here on a daily basis! And that's just a small proportion of them and the ones who are too thick to go straight to Battle Eye to spew their excuses. Just because it doesnt ban instantaneously, it doesnt mean it's not working.

Ive played many punkbuster games, only cheats you see is aimbots and X-ray vision.

The hacks in this game is just insane! yesterday i stumble across a weapon crate with 5 of all ingame weapons and much much more including a golden gun....

Ive played many punkbuster games, only cheats you see is aimbots and X-ray vision.

The hacks in this game is just insane! yesterday i stumble across a weapon crate with 5 of all ingame weapons and much much more including a golden gun....

LOL to be young and naive again

LOL to be young and naive again

Well i dont randomly acuse people of cheating, i need proof of it to belive it.

So dont start making stuff up please. thats childish.

• Like 1

PB is as bad as BE, maybe even worse if you look how many games run under PB and have hackers around. They should just remove the cheat codes/possibilities to exploit or hack from the game before they release it, imo most cheats/hacks have their roots there. Of course ArmA 2 is a different matter. I still wonder how they got godmode working with this engine.

Edited by Enforcer

You are just ignorant..

You should read up before bashing BE or MOD, its not the MOD, nor the BattleEye that makes cheating so easy in this game... it the core game, arma2 engine.

You realise that has nothing to do with anti-cheat service right? PunkBuster doesn't stop these things from happening, they simply aren't possible as they are locked out in the game engine, DayZ can't change that until standalone.

Edited by smasht_AU

You realise that's not because of the anti-cheat service right?

No, im not sure why, its just from experience.

So please do tell, how can someone bring so many items that doesnt even exist into this mod?

You are just ignorant..

You should read up before bashing BE or MOD, its not the MOD, nor the BattleEye that makes cheating so easy in this game... it the core game, arma2 engine.

LOL, Beye is the anticheat in this game.. How can you NOT blame Beye for the cheats?

If you ask me, DayZ dont need an anticheat at all..

Beye is like NORMAN antivirus :D

I do wonder what Rocket is planning to use as anti-cheat.

The only reason players can 'hack' is because they can trick the client into doing certain actions.

The easiest way of handling stuff like that is by making servers do all of the work, this way those 'hackers' can't use their fancy commands and get free stuff.

The only reason players can 'hack' is because they can trick the client into doing certain actions.

The easiest way of handling stuff like that is by making servers do all of the work, this way those 'hackers' can't use their fancy commands and get free stuff.

I doubt that's going to happen or is going to work.

People will always find a way around things. (Even if it means literally hacking into the server. And I mean HACKING, not cheating.)

No cheat protection and 'server-side-everything' isn't the way you can do things.

LOL, Beye is the anticheat in this game.. How can you NOT blame Beye for the cheats?

If you ask me, DayZ dont need an anticheat at all..

Beye is like NORMAN antivirus :D

"No, im not sure why, its just from experience.

So please do tell, how can someone bring so many items that doesnt even exist into this mod?"

Quoting this guy too...

Are you dumb?

There's taking the core game (Arma 2)

Which has all of the core parts to the game, Maps used, Weapons, Items, user interface etc.

In Arma 2 there are configs that run the game and allow and disallow such thngs as weapons and items.

This is what DayZ does. if you noticed that when u downloaded the game it wasn't GB's big. it was merely couple hundred MB's.

DayZ is a MOD - Which has edited those configs and added a few extra items in which obviously took alot of tweaking to get right.

As this Mod is in alpha stage alot of things are bugged.

The DayZ Devs can't stop people gaining items that aren't required for the DayZ mod because all it takes if you're smart is a simple script.

BattleEye was designed to be an anti cheat for the core structure of the game (Arma 2) which allowed all these guns and items that you see the supposed "Hackers" using. infact they're not hackers... they're just scripters.

When u see ingame Battleeye kicking people for Script Restrictions that is when someone tried using an item that is delagated illegal in DayZ.

unfortunately DayZ devs can't restrict all the guns u see because let's say the AS50 has it's core components. and the gun u see AS50 TWS uses the Core Components and has an addon which u see the thermal vision.

if they wanted to disable the AS50 TWS they would have to get rid of the AS50.

same with the alot of the other guns.

The only thing BattleEye is there for is to get rid of "Hackers" who inject their code into the core part of the game... aka to modify their game to use Aimbots ESP hacks (Nametags, Distance, Weapon in use etc) Wallhacks.

Spawning of Vehicles isn't one of these... its another script.

Please people get to know the difference between people who use Scripts and people who use Hacks.

The people who use scripts won't get banned in the same way as people who use hacks.

So to sum up what i just said...

People spawning items in the game that aren't supposed to be in Dayz are Scripters.

People who Teleport, Aimbot Wallhack and ESP hack are Hackers.

Now, when DayZ Goes standalone It will be a STANDALONE CORE ENGINE that is designed SPECIFICALLY for DayZ.

This will give them the advantage of Only implementing into the game What DayZ is supposed to have.

So it will get ird of the scripters. (item spawning vehicles etc)

It won't however get rid of people using hacks such as aimbots and ESP hacks etc because no matter what game you have unless it's 100% server side aslong as theres a client that you install on your computer, modifications can be made.

That's where Battleeye comes in and does it's best like any other anti cheat to detect them and ban them via IP/GUID

Regards

The slightly more intelligent part of the community.

• Like 1

I was going to make long post about this but TerryTibbs did it first.

To the OP, please dont argue about things that you clearly dont understand and know nothing about.

I dont say that Im master of these things and know everything, but I can read and find stuff out before crying here.

"No, im not sure why, its just from experience.

So please do tell, how can someone bring so many items that doesnt even exist into this mod?"

Quoting this guy too...

Are you dumb?

There's taking the core game (Arma 2)

Which has all of the core parts to the game, Maps used, Weapons, Items, user interface etc.

In Arma 2 there are configs that run the game and allow and disallow such thngs as weapons and items.

This is what DayZ does. if you noticed that when u downloaded the game it wasn't GB's big. it was merely couple hundred MB's.

DayZ is a MOD - Which has edited those configs and added a few extra items in which obviously took alot of tweaking to get right.

As this Mod is in alpha stage alot of things are bugged.

The DayZ Devs can't stop people gaining items that aren't required for the DayZ mod because all it takes if you're smart is a simple script.

BattleEye was designed to be an anti cheat for the core structure of the game (Arma 2) which allowed all these guns and items that you see the supposed "Hackers" using. infact they're not hackers... they're just scripters.

When u see ingame Battleeye kicking people for Script Restrictions that is when someone tried using an item that is delagated illegal in DayZ.

unfortunately DayZ devs can't restrict all the guns u see because let's say the AS50 has it's core components. and the gun u see AS50 TWS uses the Core Components and has an addon which u see the thermal vision.

The only thing BattleEye is there for is to get rid of "Hackers" who inject their code into the core part of the game... aka to modify their game to use Aimbots ESP hacks (Nametags, Distance, Weapon in use etc) Wallhacks.

Spawning of Vehicles isn't one of these... its another script.

Please people get to know the difference between people who use Scripts and people who use Hacks.

The people who use scripts won't get banned in the same way as people who use hacks.

So to sum up what i just said...

People spawning items in the game that aren't supposed to be in Dayz are Scripters.

People who Teleport, Aimbot Wallhack and ESP hack are Hackers.

Now, when DayZ Goes standalone It will be a STANDALONE CORE ENGINE that is designed SPECIFICALLY for DayZ.

This will give them the advantage of Only implementing into the game What DayZ is supposed to have.

So it will get ird of the scripters. (item spawning vehicles etc)

It won't however get rid of people using hacks such as aimbots and ESP hacks etc because no matter what game you have unless it's 100% server side aslong as theres a client that you install on your computer, modifications can be made.

That's where Battleeye comes in and does it's best like any other anti cheat to detect them and ban them via IP/GUID

Regards

blablabla...

Coulda saved you the trouble, i live in a state wich the people and their organizations have responsibilities, wich you clearly know nothing about.

This thread is about Beye's insignificance to dayZ. In my eyes it is useless.

You might have some nerdy braincells, Maybe you should buy some nerdy glasses aswell and read before you post.

blablabla...

Coulda saved you the trouble, i live in a state wich the people and their organizations have responsibilities, wich you clearly know nothing about.

This thread is about Beye's insignificance to dayZ. In my eyes it is useless.

You might have some nerdy braincells, Maybe you should buy some nerdy glasses aswell and read before you post.

You have been explaned how its not insignificant, but you just dont want to understand the fact...

Its the arma2 as a platform that is insignificant... like talking to a brickwall.

You are blind.

Edited by Zeppa

You have been explaned how its not insignificant, but you just dont want to understand the fact...

Its the arma2 as a platform that is insignificant... like talking to a brickwall.

You are blind.

Who gave this random a computer?

You should watch that. About 7minutes ->

Edited by Zeppa

[snip]

Regards

While I can see what you're saying, and I aggree with your stance towards these "Hackers" (script kiddies) I wanted to correct this part.

Removing the AS50 TWS from gameplay would not require removal of the default AS50, it's just that its so simple to add, and the ability to add them is so difficult to remove.

All that's required to add these is a small piece of script (because the files of ArmA 2 contain the information)

To actually remove the AS50 TWS from DayZ would involve removing files from the core game and its expansions which cannot be done without breaking ArmA.