Sign in to follow this  
sonsalt6

Infected cause infections on hit

In order to make the Zombie injuries more diverse, you could add the chance of diseases being transmitted by a zombie bite.

Type of disease:

Infection, that grows over time, causing at first mild side effect, later blood loss and finally death. The time for this should however be quite long, in order to give players a chance to find a cure... 12-24h or even more incubation time. Blood transfusions could keep the player alive in the meantime.

As an ultimate feature one could even have the dead player being re-spawned as a Zombie :D (AI of course)

Treatment:

Antibiotics, or even a special drug. (Drugs should remain rare!!!)

Game-play effects:

Beyond instant injuries, infections and disease would create their own level of survival, as the player would have to start looting for his own cure, or the one of a friend. If antibiotics are hard to come by, it will eventually become a race against the time to find a cure for the infection.

This would easily give a new purpose for players, and a new level of game-play

after all thy are called "infected"

well even if you get a direct hit or bite ?

However for game play reasons I believe it is a good choice to add disease. Antibiotics are hard to come by and if the disease slowly spreads, the urge to find them, or the caution to avoid being bitten rises.

It's like AIDS: Some people have it in them, but won't ever suffer the effects. They are carriers.

We're all carriers of the virus, it just doesn't effect us.

There is already a chance you can get a standard infection on hit. Any damage can cause this, even player damage.

Really?

If so, that chance is very very low, as none of my teammates nor anyone I know has received any disease due to an injury.

Also the chance of disease due to direct contact with infected should be way higher than by a player injury.

Anyone who already has a standard infection (they are coughing) has a significant chance of giving it to someone nearby.

That is a very good system, and it would definitely benefit from additional ways to get infections.

The main reason why I proposed this infection addition to hits by infected, was to increase the threat of Zombies, especially in regard to mid and long term effect.

This will also drive players who linger around most of the times in the north around the airfield and Stary, to go back south, in order to find antibiotics etc... This will increase the fluctuation on the map

Zombie bites should have a infection chance of 90%, zombie hits should have a chance of 33%.

We want difficulty, have you ever played I wanna be the guy?

This will also drive players who linger around most of the times in the north around the airfield and Stary' date=' to go back south, in order to find antibiotics etc... This will increase the fluctuation on the map

[/quote']

I like the sound of this.

How about this only happens on the hardest difficulty? Zombie damage = infection unless you find antibiotics. 24h to get your cure or you're a zed. There's already an infection mechanic, it's just not quite as pronounced as what you're looking for.