andrewmont

M107 or AS50?

Throw the m107 in your backpack and keep the as50 for your primary

Again, realism - i love it!

How about this idea - dont use these weapons. Get an Enfield.

• Like 1

2 snipers.... well you are fooked when it comes to close quarters aint ya!!

Ah, he has his trusty makarov to save him...

Anyway, while I do like the AS50 and it's low sound, the M107 is my game, because i'm hipster like that.

Ah, he has his trusty makarov to save him...

Anyway, while I do like the AS50 and it's low sound, the M107 is my game, because i'm hipster like that.

I shall just break the mould and say when i snipe i prefer the CZ550, but i aint a sniper...... ill just stick to the LA85 and MK48...

I shall just break the mould and say when i snipe i prefer the CZ550, but i aint a sniper...... ill just stick to the LA85 and MK48...

Whatever floats yer boat, cap'n...

I decided to try the M107 and AS50 out in the editor for yucks, as I never snipe in DayZ. The AS50 is a lot easier to get a rapid succession of shots off on target with, the variable zoom of the M107 is nice but it's really no contest - AS50 hands down.

I put 100 opposing forces running down the NWAF and went to down. Sniping is ridiculously easy in this game.

Throw the m107 in your backpack and keep the as50 for your primary

Why do this? I've got 3 M107's and a DMR in a car and my 1 AS50 that I use as primary with an M249 in my backpack. So even if I die four times I'll still be good for a sniper :D

I'll stick with the M4 SD lucked in from an opportunist tent raid. Makes for a quiet dispatch of either walking steak or asshat alike.

Got that for my non private character. Don't know how it is against players but also got a DMR so as long as their a decent distance or very close that's fine for PvP.

So realistic! This must be the best sniper shot ever recorded. All this from a drunkard russian who wakes up on a beach.

hahaha to my defense I was drunk at the time as i lost my hero skin murdering... 4 witnesses from Balota Buddies killed 13 people the furthest was that shot measured by my spotter lol and p.s. after two days work got my hero back

and for realism

Rob Furlong (born 1976), is a former corporal of the Canadian Forces, who previously held the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at 2,430 m (2,657 yd) or 12.08 furlongs or 1.51 miles.[1] Furlong's shot exceeded the previous record of Arron Perry set in 2002 just before Furlong's record by 120 m or 130 yd. Furlong's record was surpassed in November 2009 by Craig Harrison who shot two Taliban fighters consecutively at a verified range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd). [2]

A group of three al-Qaeda fighters were moving into a mountainside position when Furlong took aim with his Long Range Sniper Weapon (LRSW), a .50-caliber McMillan Brothers Tac-50 rifle, loaded with Hornady A-MAX 750 gr very-low-drag bullets.[3] He began firing at a fighter carrying an RPK machine gun. Furlong's first shot missed and his second shot hit the knapsack on the target's back. The third struck the target's torso, killing him. The distance was measured as 2,430 m (2,657 yd). With a muzzle speed of 823 m/s (2,700 ft/s), each shot reached the target almost four seconds after Furlong fired.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Landed a 1244 meter head shot on a bandit runner with the M107 from Pik Kozlova theres my argument

Seems legit. Must've felt like a boss after that shot.

Edited by AndrewM

Neither.

Grow a pair and grab a hatchet.

Fuck your pussy hatchet get some hairs on those balls and use a crowbar.

M107. Just keep a good sidearm on you.

The AS50 can go die in a hole. Used too much, duped too much.

M107 gets the job done, and you stay classy while doing it.

I think you are confusing the M24 and M107

Seems legit. Must've felt like a boss after that shot.

O yea I was waiting 2 hours for the right shot distance plus target wise watched people running back and forth from cherno to elektro over and over then came the armed bandit so i popped the cherry

any further distance wise visibility was to poor to try and make a clean shot

Edited by Steak and Potatoes