DevilDog (DayZ)

My wife's take on DayZ

So I was playing last night and my wife was watching me for the first time. I spawned in Elektro and began to gear up. It was night time and after seeing me skulking around the city, eating food off out of alley ways and drinking soda's off the floor and avoiding the stumbling zombies she makes this comment.

"This game could be changed from a zombie game" -Wife

"Oh yeah? How?" -Me

"Well those zombies really just look like drunk guys. And you are obviously a bum. In this game you are basically a bum that has to eat trash and avoid drunk guys that want to kick your ass" -Wife

LMAO. Well if that ain't the truth. Anyone else get any unique responses to the game?

• Like 29

... I'm not going to be able to play the game the same way, anymore...

• Like 6

You see DevilDog... this is what happens when you play with the music turned way down low B)

Mine just gives me a hard time when someone shoots me and I call the monitor all sorts of horrible names.

• Like 3

Your wife's a wise lady. She clearly saw the game for what it really is. Probably the only one on the planet who gets to call you a bum too!.

I've been told I was unique and special because I don't kill players, just zombies. That was a bit of a surprise, and sweet. And don't you go complaining about me not killing people, mister. I'm female, so I can have "feelings" and stuff if I want to. :P

And what the heck are you doing typing threads anyway? Get back on that computer and record more highly addictive dayz slaughter-fests for me to watch please. That last Takistan was a hell of a ride. Some weird stuff happened. Now hurry up and film some more because I'm sitting here shivering and sweating waiting for my next fix. :thumbsup: :) (Btw, it's Susan, from Youtube)

Edited by Sula

Haha great responses.

I did let her hear the zombies moaning and shit and she said she would have nightmares, so there is that.

PS- I am not "that" Devil Dog, from youtube. Sorry.

Edited by DevilDog
  • Like 1

Aw thanks for editing that. Appreciate the update. But the same is true about your wife - wise lady. :thumbsup:

My girlfriends response was " that's great huni but why are those zombies so useless it seems very easy " priceless she got it in one . It is to easy

"Well those zombies really just look like drunk guys. And you are obviously a bum. In this game you are basically a bum that has to eat trash and avoid drunk guys that want to kick your ass" -Wife

Sounds just like my average Saturday nights

Edited by -N7-SolidSnake

Yes, so easy that the zombies rarely kill me more than five or six times a week. :thumbsup: :huh:

Give it a week and she will insist she plays with you, especially when she realises there are other women in it. You'll never be able to watch anoher female body run again.

I suppose It will tear her away from Jeremy Kyle and Coronation Farm, so thats a plus.

• Like 2

Give it a week and she will insist she plays with you, especially when she realises there are other women in it. You'll never be able to watch anoher female body run again.

Until she hears the 'women' over direct going ' Hey lay on the ground you weird fukn zombie touching homo !! ' ..in a thick gravelly man voice.

• Like 2

Beans to you mate! I don't always have my GF around while playing on my pc, but when I do there's always a cute comment about it

My GF is always on standby to hold W / keep watch over a town if i gotta take a leak or have a smoko.. she's a real rock like that. and whenever I am about to nail some guy i'll be nudging her saying watch me watch me, just like the oldtime "Watch me dive". sometimes she is the one with the headset on speaking, calling in people. worked every time so far, since its me sitting there with an AK ;)

My wife just rolls her eyes. Especially after she asks what I want for dinner and I tell her I'm not hungry because I just had a can of pasta and a Coke.

Edited by Matchstick556
  • Like 3

One of my girlfriends calls my ghillie, the bear suit. And my mates are "the other bears", Together we are the care bears.

• Like 1

So I was playing last night and my wife was watching me for the first time. I spawned in Elektro and began to gear up. It was night time and after seeing me skulking around the city, eating food off out of alley ways and drinking soda's off the floor and avoiding the stumbling zombies she makes this comment.

"This game could be changed from a zombie game" -Wife

"Oh yeah? How?" -Me

LMAO. Well if that ain't the truth. Anyone else get any unique responses to the game?

My wife just thinks it is stupid and thinks I am stupid for spending so much time playing it, so at least she is trying to see the fun.

She could not even appreciate a helicopter battle I got into yesterday that ended up killing five people (A buddy and I from my chopper and three people in the other chopper). I get it when I am running through the forest but she could not even appreciate and awesome battle.

• Like 1

My wife just grabs me from behind and screams while in game wearing a headset. It usually results in a heart attack. It really sucks cause not only holding tab to look around for you guys, but I have to look over my shoulder also in real life. My neck hurts.

• Like 2

One of my girlfriends calls my ghillie, the bear suit. And my mates are "the other bears", Together we are the care bears.

Or she thinks your all hairy gays...

My wife's only comment came after i was sniped by some knob-end..again and i began cursing loudly at the monitor.

"Remind me not to hang around you when the apocalypse starts, you just get killed all the time."

What could i say?

She's in the basement now.