spawn (DayZ)

many players are quitting

You and your buddies quitting? Thats your problem, "Factions" such as bandits is a bad idea, its like "Hey man look at my dope outfit that represents me as a cold blooded murderer and indicates anyone to open violent fire at me!"

And i think you haven't noticed the mod is still on Alpha tests, its not even on Beta (am i correct?)

This mod is not about realism. Realistic combat?

I was a soldier' date=' it's fucking boring 99% of the time.

This mod is designed to have the authenticity required to model and produce some authentic emotional responses.

Reality has many concessions made against it in order to achieve this authenticity in the brief time a player is present in the world.

[/quote']

Best post ever.

This needs to be a banner in the suggestions forum.

@OP

You are an idiot.

People like you would ruin this game.

Glad to see you and your buddies go.

You and your buddies quitting? Thats your problem' date=' "Factions" such as bandits is a bad idea, its like "Hey man look at my dope outfit that represents me as a cold blooded murderer and indicates anyone to open violent fire at me!"

And i think you haven't noticed the mod is still on Alpha tests, its not even on Beta (am i correct?)

[/quote']

But thats half the fun? I miss survivors running from me haha

This mod is designed to have the authenticity required to model and produce some authentic emotional responses.

Reality has many concessions made against it in order to achieve this authenticity in the brief time a player is present in the world.

[/quote']

Whatever you call it, realism or authenticity, there are many suggestions that are neither. The bandit skin was neither realistic nor authentic; killing someone in the real world doesn’t make the clothes the killer is wearing magically change.

I know there are some compromises that must be made; this is a game after all. No you can’t realistically or authentically simulate the boredom that is a soldier’s life 99% of the time. No one wants that simulated, no one would pay to stand in line or sit in the field waiting for orders. But the combat parts, ArmA 2 being a combat simulation afterall, we want simulated as best as possible but well short of players actually dying when shot!

The best way to obtain authentic emotional responses, IMO, is to mimic real life situations as best as technology will allow. When it looks and feels real (outside of there being Zombies of course) the player is pulled in and reacts emotionally as if it were real. Un-real / Un-authentic things like Zeds spawning in line of sight, crows following people as an indication of their past actions, and innumerable suggestions that I’ve read in these forums “break the spell” of being pulled into the game and feeling like it is real. When that happens authentic emotional responses go out the window too.

I don't know about you, but when I sneak around through forests and barren fields at night trying to make my way to a town for some food and supplies I feel very immersed. The dark night, the moon giving off a slight tint of light, seeing a few zombies and possibly a player emerge from the shadows shortly - it's all there.

It's a real treat to pack up for the night, put down a fireplace and eat some meat.

I don't know about you' date=' but when I sneak around through forests and barren fields at night trying to make my way to a town for some food and supplies I feel very immersed. The dark night, the moon giving off a slight tint of light, seeing a few zombies and possibly a player emerge from the shadows shortly - it's all there.

It's a real treat to pack up for the night, put down a fireplace and eat some meat.

[/quote']

The immersion is definitely there, most of the time. But some times there are things that break it. Those are some of the things, IMO, that most need attention.

[/quote']

Thank you for saying this. Please post this again, as a sticky in the suggestions forum.

The immersion is definitely there' date=' most of the time. But some times there are things that break it. Those are some of the things, IMO, that most need attention.

[/quote']

No doubt - for me the worst is when the zombies start acting up. It really wrecks my mood when they start glitching through doors or warp.

Being killed by a bandit on the roadside? My own fault for not being paranoid and hiding.:cool:

The thing two main things that are ruining the game for me as follows.

1.) The performance has gone to shit. Specifically not just the low FPS but the lag and freezing from the servers. My is is around 20-30 and 0 for D-sync. I think this game would have been better with out the main database server. I think this is causing the main performance issues. When the game is unplayable or you die from a zombie or player not fun.

2.) The second issue is the zombies are bugged by going through walls, have no line of sight and appear to be telepathic.

I know these issues have been talked to death but there hasn't been an update for a while now. Yes, it's an alpha but if the new update that addresses these issues don't come out soon, this game will start to lose interest fast. Updates for this mod were coming out every few days to a week, now we haven''t gotten anything. I am going to take a break from the game until the next update. Please don't say the MOD is free. We all know the only reason 90% got this game was for this MOD and not for ARMA II.

Yeah..i know what you mean. I spwaned..get shot by a Sniper and then i read in the Chat :" HAHA lol Cpt.Vilja ! i onwed you xD !" And i was like ": Wow..i lost my spawn Equipment.. you really OWNED me..". And then... he said :" Well i onwed you because i was like 10 miles away"

And people like him..kill the game. I mean in reallife. NOBODY, really NOBODY would shoot you if you are so far away and you dont got any good stuff with you..

Bandits are good.

If they kill me for my stuff = OK

If the kill me because i am to close to them = OK

But if i get killed, because some people see it as a sport..it pretty sucks.

Lets just hope these guys get borred some day and leave..

Yeah..i know what you mean. I spwaned..get shot by a Sniper and then i read in the Chat :" HAHA lol Cpt.Vilja ! i onwed you xD !" And i was like ": Wow..i lost my spawn Equipment.. you really OWNED me..". And then... he said :" Well i onwed you because i was like 10 miles away"

Try to find a beta-enforced server. That way you won't have to read such idiocy. Saves your sanity. (or simply wait for 1.7.1)

That won't save you from being killed, though its not a hassle if you spawn at the beach and die again.

Just respawn and get away inlands. There is the fun.

Here's the deal.

Its the apocalypse! How isn't it a death match?

One time we had a group of four people and we were overwatching them for a good hour waiting them loot Vybor and head off towards the NW Airfield. I call out; "Group of Four PRONE NOW!" and they do.

Then I say; "Alright so lets discuss a little taxation here. You drop your primaries and move on."

The start logging off. Here I tried to be nice, I offered them their lives when I didn't need to and they just game the game. Now? I pretty much shoot on sight if you are in our 'territory'. Sucks huh? Blame the loggers.

Please don't say the MOD is free. We all know the only reason 90% got this game was for this MOD and not for ARMA II.

The mod is free - It is aimed at people who own ARMA. If people want to play it and don't have ARMA it is still 100% their choice to buy the game to play the mod.

Noone is demanding that people host servers either - these are volunteer projects, and as such server admins should stop feeling so (expletive) entitled to reserving slots and controlling core mod features as they see fit.

It is a mod in development, it needs testing, it does not need just over 200k players - but it is certainly welcomed.

Now that the hackers, for now, are under control you can come back!

this game is a hack fest and nothing more if u expect a arma baced game to not have hackers u must be on drugs. They cant even ban the hackers in arma 2 how the fuck do u think they can ban them in this mod.

this game is a hack fest and nothing more if u expect a arma baced game to not have hackers u must be on drugs. They cant even ban the hackers in arma 2 how the fuck do u think they can ban them in this mod.

So I take it you don't play ArmA 2 or DayZ any longer, so why bother visiting this forum?

And people like him..kill the game. I mean in reallife. NOBODY' date=' really NOBODY would shoot you if you are so far away and you dont got any good stuff with you..

Bandits are good.

If they kill me for my stuff = OK

If the kill me because i am to close to them = OK

But if i get killed, because some people see it as a sport..it pretty sucks.

Lets just hope these guys get borred some day and leave..

[/quote']

You have no idea how boring it can get when you're at the top of a tv tower with a bunch of cans of bean and a rifle well stocked with ammo.

I know i might probably. I do not tell you that to sound badass or anything, but if shit goes down and i'm alone and completely bored out of my mind, with a precision rifle and not in immediate danger, i might get some target practice, on the deads, and then when it gets boring, on the livings.

And yes i know it's far fetched, but saying nobody would is just kidding yourself.

1. it's still in "alpha" stage of testing. things should change for the better over the coming weeks/months.

2. there will always be hackers on just about any game you play. it's a fact of life. luckily this isn't a free to play so it wont be quite so bad as some other games i've once enjoyed. (APB for example)

3. at the moment this is a hardcore game and i'm sure rocket intends to keep it that way. other players will be jerks no matter how many deterrents are in place. you either accept that fact and adapt, or you go find something else to play.

There isn't much you can do. I left the game, my friends too.. for almost the same reasons:

1) Death-match;

2) Poor performances (it was frustrating);

3) Cheaters.

But we didn't blamed anyone.. it's alpha after all. In fact i still around here, waiting for better days. If it continues as is, i'm sure that any of us will have something better to do than "hope". :)

I got frustrated for a while. I found new ways to play.

I'm having plenty of fun. There are plenty of games out there. Have fun.

The problem is that there is no benefit to killing zombies. I avoid zombies at all cost. If there was something you obtained from killing them or clearing out a city of them then people might group up. As it stands the only thing worth killing is players.

edit: there seems to be a lot of people in here that "quit" but are still posting on the forums. Derp?

Lol i got bored earlier so i shot people on the road and dragged their bodies in a pile.

sfjf5i.jpg

I"ve been playing DAY-Z for 2 weeks.... 75% of people I have encountered are friendly.

You want to hear a story..... in my happy travels in Elektro as I was leaving the church a

bandit with his M1911 and Lee Enfield started shooting at me with his M1911...... in about 5

seconds I shot 3 Makarov rounds into his face and he fell down then died. That was because of my skill. There were a gang of 5 bandits offering an M4SD tricking people in Elektrodavsk that they were friendly.... me and my 2 other companions (Whom I met 8 minutes ago) Trusted my leadership and judgement and fell for the trap... that was because of me. Whether you live or die is based on your skill,intelligence,leadership,and charisma

My skill saved me,my intelligence helped me, my charisma makes me seem trustworthy and friendly,my leadership allows me to lead a group of 5 men without them questioning a word of what I say.

If you can"t handle that 1/4 of the playerbase (evenless) are bandits then feel free to leave.... I encountered a hacker and left the game. It"s as simple as that people.... When you hear reports of an AH-64 Apache killing people you should leave.

What i"m saying is.... if you can"t handle getting killed by bandits (WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE THREATS IN THIS GAME, ROCKET"S LORE STATES THE SURVIVORS ARE IMMUNE, THIS IS WHY EVERYONE ELSE WAS OVERWHELMED AND KILLED INCLUDING THE MILITARY EXCEPT SURVIVORS) then you just suck. That is all.