Firemac

DayZ "Safety Button" Suggestion

Hello DayZ and fellow readers.

I do really not know about you other players. but when I play DayZ I stay very focused and a little nudge can make me spray the living shit out of everything near me, and the problem is I've accidently fired my gun, which happends often to be loud as hell several times.

The problem with this, especially during the night, is that it gives away my position.

Thats why I suggest that DayZ should introduce this "Safety Button" that is pretty common on real life guns, it would be really appreciated amongs players I think.

And please give me some respond readers, give me ur flaming comments if you think this is totally crap or just give me your beanzzz if you like my suggesiton!

- NamuN out.

• Like 10

And I don't like it because 90% of people never have had this issue/would never use it. Imagine getting ambushed and wondering why your mouse button didn't work.

Edited by thebirdolux

This is the worst idea ever. You're just a retard.

And you are a troll. Post something constructive, unless referring to apache25, or don't post. If referring to apache25 posts, carry on.

Double tap Left Ctrl and it will put your gun down at a passive stance, that's as close as you get. You have to L-Click once to put it up.

This is the worst idea ever. You're just a retard.

Obviously you haven't seen many ideas. You shouldn't flame an idea, you should give constructive criticism.

Ah I searched the forum fast and didn't find anything like this.

Well I think people would use it, as I see it DayZ are trying to make a game so realistic as it can be, so I think this is a good idea. Thank you for your opinions, except for RyanH100, the fat little virgin :).

You can only meet troll with troll.

Ah I searched the forum fast and didn't find anything like this.

You didn't find anything because no one tags their posts, I have been guilty of this also. Food for thought.

Edited by thebirdolux

I acutally think it's not such a bad idea. But I'm not sure every weapon would have a savety on it, I'm really not a gun geek. But I, for some reason, cannot imagine a double barel shotgun with a safety. lol

• Like 1

I acutally think it's not such a bad idea. But I'm not sure every weapon would have a savety on it, I'm really not a gun geek. But I, for some reason, cannot imagine a double barel shotgun with a safety. lol

True, true.... But for example a M14 AIM or some NATO weaps and so on

I just meant that it should be realistic/authentic and not just slam a safety on every weapon there is. Most Semi- and Full-Auto weapons have a savety though and I think it would be nice if they added a savety in as just another 'fire mode', because that's what it's likemost of the time in real life.

• Like 1

I like it! I think it should just be another option when cycling rate of fire.

EDIT: James beat me to it.

Edited by slonlo

I like this idea. Sometimes if I alt + tab out of the game, when I click the ARMA II icon to get back in game it fires my weapon as the game window reopens, lol.

Also, I don't think it's ever happened to me but I do worry about misclicking and accidentally firing a shot sometimes.

A simple scroll wheel command 'Weapon Safety ON/OFF' should be pretty easy to implement.

A lot of shotguns do have safety, it usually automatically sets itself when you reload the gun and is just a button kind of thing that you push in to take the safety off.

One of the best tips I've seen for preventing accidental discharges is to get in the habit of keeping your trigger finger on the middle mouse button instead of the left mouse button.