Sign in to follow this  
cuatemoc

Nightvision

I think that having night vision goggles does the game boring. Why don't you take it out from the mod? It will be more fun just with flshlight and flares.

• Like 7

I think that having night vision goggles does the game boring. Why don't you take it out from the mod? It will be more fun just with flshlight and flares.

I agree with you. Running around with a flashlight or using chemlights/flares would make the game much more enjoyable at night time.

Not to mention the tension, that would be really amazing!

Nightvision goggles aren't even rare anymore due to the amount of dupers. It's all about sitting in the hills with NVGs killing each other at the moment.

• Like 1

i agree, except that the night time darkness needs to be a bit brighter. it needs to be playable, otherwise, people will just play on other servers like they do now when they don't have night vision

What you do to make the game interesting when encountering a player using nvg and want to ruin his nightgame is to toss around a couple of flares...makes his/her device useless and maybe the player even DCs :D

So always keep those flares on hand ;)

I like playing at night with a torch is pretty awesome to run about with, (a line of people running with a flashlight out is like a running disco)

Gota love how the military flash light doesn't do what it says on the tin though......(the red light is meant to be undetectable to NVG's,

• Like 1

This game does look quite amazing at night with lights on.

Wow, I'm surprised I never had really ever thought about it, but you're right. It really shouldn't be in the game, or even maybe super super rare. People should have to take the risk of using a flare or even a chem stick, as the cost of someone else or other group may see them or their group. I can't wait to see the standalone version to see how far they take DayZ. For it to be it's own game has to come with a higher standard, and that means more Zombies, and hopefully more open buildings. With that, I would say either have no night vision, or again, super super rare spawn %.

We will have to wait n' see!

Nothing quite like the paranoia of walking into a room to find active chem lights on the floor.

Night time has a whole new dynamic to it when you play with out NVGs.

NVG wouldn't be that much of a propblem if it wasn't so easy to come by because of all the duppers. I've never found a legit NVG in barracks or any place else. I've come a cross dozens of NVGs but all of those have been on guys with GPS and Rangefinders, obvious dupped gear.

NVG wouldn't be that much of a propblem if it wasn't so easy to come by because of all the duppers. I've never found a legit NVG in barracks or any place else. I've come a cross dozens of NVGs but all of those have been on guys with GPS and Rangefinders, obvious dupped gear.

Not really...there are some who have really found them, if you take your time...a long time...

just recently found my first pair in a helicopter crash, and i've been playing since july

Hahaha sick thread here's my opinion.

Keep NVG's in the game but maybe when rocked it done he should re-set the hive so there are no duped items (because lets face it 90%+ of NVG's are duped or hacked in). This would drasticaly reduce the numbers of the NGV's thus making night more fun :)

PS: I dont play at night much anyway so either way i don't mind.

In my opinion, your natural night vision should increase the longer you play the game after dark. At first, it's gonna suck. But as your eyes slowly adjust, you can begin to see more and more. However, looking into any form of bright light (flares, campfire, vehicle headlights, etc) should negate any progress you've made and you will have to start over on adjusting your eyes to the darkness. A realistic alternative to NVGs and gamma abusing.

• Like 1

I've found legit NVGs twice, but I do agree, either increase the rarity or remove them completely.

I find it really stupid how GPS, which in reality can be found in most cars, are more common than NVGs. You should be able to search trough broken cars in chance of finding a working GPS.

Have you seen which cars are standing around in Cherno? Do you really expect them to have a GPS built in??? You could expect soldiers to have them but not every single one I don't expect the CDF to have that amount of NVGs either, we are talking about a soviet ruled state here, not some high tech country.

• Like 2

Have you seen which cars are standing around in Cherno? Do you really expect them to have a GPS built in??? You could expect soldiers to have them but not every single one I don't expect the CDF to have that amount of NVGs either, we are talking about a soviet ruled state here, not some high tech country.

Did I say every single one? No, I didn't. I simply said that it should be a CHANCE to find a working GPS in vehicles, because, as you know, many vehicles have GPS'.

I have had the best time in game with flares and Chem lights, add's a dimension of unreal terror when you get chased by abunch of screaming zeds. Getting seperated from your mates in the dark is hilarious too. Flares going off in all directions and each of you wondering where you all are.

When I am raiding camps i dump NVG's in ponds. Duping is a shame and should not be allowed to continue.

I just want them to fix all the hack and duping shit with the new patch and then reset all the public hives!

Nothing quite like the paranoia of walking into a room to find active chem lights on the floor.

Night time has a whole new dynamic to it when you play with out NVGs.

Occasionally I'll throw out random chemlights just to see what happens. Litter on a popular building, make it hilarious for people to come by.

Holy shit. I can just imagine the jump scares and tension with just having a flashlight. I'd be scared shitless. However, I think that night shouldn't be pitch black, so that people could strategically use the flashlight (i.e keep it off in cities). It still should be very dark, but at the moment, the darkness is a little too much

Holy shit. I can just imagine the jump scares and tension with just having a flashlight. I'd be scared shitless. However, I think that night shouldn't be pitch black, so that people could strategically use the flashlight (i.e keep it off in cities). It still should be very dark, but at the moment, the darkness is a little too much

Well what i do when im down in cherno at night is throw out a few chem lights and road flares and stay at range to see what happens, then run building to building flash light on look about see where zombies are then turn the light off and run tot he next building.

Only downside is the second you catch a zombie your cant see for shit light on or off because you need to be stood still to actually see in front of you........

So in short, night time is Fucking hard and not for pussys.

We should also add battery lives to flashlights. I'd enjoy hearing someone whimper in the dark because their light flickered off.

• Like 1

i agree, except that the night time darkness needs to be a bit brighter. it needs to be playable, otherwise, people will just play on other servers like they do now when they don't have night vision

Nah... just limit your hardcore recon to nights when the moon is closer to full. That will provide ample ambient illumination to compliment other light sources.