maverikgamer

what do you like busy or none?

I play on both, I prefer low pop (population) servers as there seem less to worry about!

You will get the best of DayZ from high pop servers however, but you run the chance of hackers more (Unless a private pass worded server)

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I prefer low pop (population) servers as there seem less to worry about!

Same :) I really love it when there are less players on a server.

Ok well im just wondering i have epic loot like a gili suit barret 50 cal and light machine gun do u think its worth the risk in a high pop server considering i have all i need

also if any of you people want to play dayz with me send me your skype ill add you and we can meet up on a server some time =D

Anybody know which key will bring up the server's population, in-game?

Hit m, and then chose players from the top left-ish area. It will list players in-game.

• Like 1

Anybody know which key will bring up the server's population, in-game?

Press "p" to bring up a list of all the players on the server.

• Like 1

Ninja'd by Warlden. B)

Hit m, and then chose players from the top left-ish area. It will list players in-game.

Pressing P will list players without having to load up the map first.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

I usually stick to low pop for looting and healing people, but I do go on missions in high pop to heal randoms.

I like low population servers when gearing up, because there is a better chance to find the loot before it gets taken and there are less douchebags killing unarmed people. But it's really silent in low population and when you have geared up, you get bored when there is no further challenge or firefights (I love them, makes DayZ better, thanks to ArmA engine.), so I play on high population servers sometimes.

Quiet to set up without too much stress, when I'm sorted to go into town and play mr doctor / bandit hunter I join a higher population server.

More chance to help, more chances to die trying etc

I prefer high population servers, much more fun.

Edited by smasht_AU

If you can get 40-50 people on a server with no hackers then that's my preference.. Until then, 30-40?.. maybe 25.

I prefer 50% populated servers for general playing.

High chance of players at popular locations such as Cherno, Elecktro, Starry and NWAF but also the surprise of encounters in other locations.

But if you're a new spawn I advise against high pop as most often the deer stands and good loot along the coast will have already been used by other players forcing you further inland with inadequate supplies.

I prefer high pop servers as more chance of interaction, good or bad. The only thing is due to amount of hackers, I find hi pop servers usually have one or two on and any time I go to a pretty full server I end up having to log due to thunderdome or other such rubbish..... when standalone is out will probably go hi pop most times

Ok well im just wondering i have epic loot like a gili suit barret 50 cal and light machine gun do u think its worth the risk in a high pop server considering i have all i need

DayZ is all about the risk. Gotta give up that mainstream MMO gear attachment and just roll. You will loose it at some point anyway. You can choose to let the fear stifle your fun or enhance it. DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD.

I usually go into servers with around 20 people minimum 40 people maximum. Unless I need to get somewhere really fast and I go on an abandoned server.