bfleet95@gmail.com

Lee Enfield or Double Barrel?

The Lee Enfield. Simply because it has more ammo per magazine, and makes less noise than the Double Barreled Shotgun.

DayZ isn't the type of game you want to AFK from :P

Yes...sometimes i want to shoot my mates for just doing that while staying in the game.

Don't listen to this stupidity, get the Lee Einfield and use it because it's an amazing beginner medium distance weapon. All you need to know if your going to use it is how to avoid zombies which every decent player should know.Also shooting from rooftops does cause less zombies to get you (less not none).

I agree it's a good running start, sometimes i sit a bit aways and pluck zombies from a distance, if you're far away enough they won't aggro and you can still rack up Z-kills/waste ammo for fun if the server is boring...i ran with an enfield for awhile and i actually really like the gun. 1 shot kills most time against a zombie. i killed a guy at the NW airstrip with an enfield while my friend blasted his buddy lol, good times.

• Like 1

Whereyagoinwhatyadoin?

Running from building to building.. take the shotgun

Shooting from afar at people running from building to building.. Enfield

Depends on what your next plan will be.

Will you stay and leave a giant gaping hole within a survivor? Then I would take the shotgun.

You want to snipe from a hell of a distance? The Lee Enfield is for you.

You want to get out without attracting too much attention to yourself? Hatchet all the way bro.

You have to understand how the dynamics of weapons work in the game, and how they will affect you in the future.

The Lee Enfield. Simply because it has more ammo per magazine, and makes less noise than the Double Barreled Shotgun.

WHAT???? the Enfield make less noise???

• Like 1

When you have a pistol to kill Infected, you can decide to carry the enfield for longrange or shotgun for shortrange and faster shooting.

i dont like using the slugs in the double barrell. it lacks any sort of iron sight. but i love me a shotty with pellets. lee enfield is good too but for zombie killing i like the shotty. and someone did mention you can pack the double shells into an 8 pack to take up less space in your inventory. but you gotta split em up before you can use them.

But i would've taken the gun with more ammo. at the start i pick up most the shotty ammo i find.

Question with the winchester why dont they have pellet rounds for it? or are they kinda making out that its just a lever action rifle the bullets just happen to look like slugs. The year designation on the winchester isn't a shotgun, its a rifle. i think the shotty (the one from terminator 2 when arnold is riding the harley trying to save John connor from the bad terminator that is a winchester 1887 shotgun the first year they were produced and they are designed by one Mr Browning, my friend has one but his is a chinese knock off)

The biggest problem with the enfield is that it can get you into more trouble than it can get you out of, it is a suicide device if not used correctly.

Question with the winchester why dont they have pellet rounds for it?

Probably because the slugs can drop both zeds and players one shot, so why add pellets.

Probably because the slugs can drop both zeds and players one shot, so why add pellets.

its a personal preference i like to use the pellets. dont have to be as accurate in close quarters. and it makes a bigger blood splatter.

But i didnt no it could drop players in one shot. tonight i shot a bloke point blank in the chest while he was sitting in the back of a truck and it seemed to take two shots with the winchester. but that coulda just been the lag between the time i shot him and when his body dropped out the back of the truck.

But i stilll think that its not supposed to be a shotty its just a error some where along the way and the bullets ended up looking like shells. wich is cool was just wondering.

Do all shotguns do the same damage?

Edited by DMC14

I have to say use the Double Barrel. It's definitely my favorite gun in the game. For 4 reasons: (1) It was my first gun ever in Dayz and it made me feel like a boss (2) I killed my first person with the same first Double Barrel I picked up (3) I've used the Double Barrel on numerous occasions to sneak up behind snipers under the evergreens on Dobry p.s. I've one the battle everytime on Dobry (4) This is probably the best reason. I saw a helicopter a clan was protecting so I stake it out for a very long time. After 45 minutes, they get really anxious and send in one guy to fix it and fly it out. So, I charged the guy, killed him with the Double Barrel, and stole the helicopter.

If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

• Like 1

If you want to attack players no fucks given get the enfield. Since you're new however I suspect you're probably friendly to others and don't want to attract attention in which case do this ->

If you run into this problem again : If you have a pistol, get the enfield. If you don't, get the shotgun.

Reason is simple, you use those guns for self defense not offense.

in case A) You have a pistol for zombies and the enfield for aggresive players

and B) You have a gun that can shoot zombies chasing you, but only if you are not very close to other zeds.

Don't get me wrong the enfield can do wonders against other players but unless you have some advanced knowledge on zeds and their aggro, firing your enfield will make you have a bad time.

There's a reason that these two exist

BBrCt.jpg

25297575.jpg

• Like 1

Shotgun slugs are useless, only pellets really do any damage and they don't seem to be as common as slugs.

Whereas Lee's ammo is consistant and more plentiful.

On that note a Winchester slug drops a player and zombie well enough at closer ranges and is hell of lot more shhhh

Edited by RogueNZ

i think the double barrel is a really nice weapon for beginers as you have to shoot and move when you reload. which means your less likely to get side swipped and knocked out by a zombie u didnt see comming out in the open.