imagelesskjc

How much would you pay?

I recently watched Rocket's

with GassyMexican, and it really got me thinking about how much I'd be willing to pay for a standalone DayZ. I understand that a full release is a bit out on the horizon, but I'm curious to see what the community thinks.

Now I'm hoping that others understand that this game requires a main server that stores all the information for characters (from my understanding). Running this server is going to cost money in the long run, so there needs to be a simple way of compensating for it.

How much would you be willing to pay for a full DayZ game?

Would you be willing to buy cosmetic items for your characters, (skins, hats, etc.)?

(Rocket's Idea!) "Base price set very low. Pay what you think it's worth, if you think it's worth more, pay more."

(Time Glitch's Idea!) Paying a small amount for Alpha, larger amount upon full release.

(Thygerrr's Idea!) Paying per life in combination with another pay method

Do you have some other awesome-never-heard-of-before payment scheme?

(Edit: I was also hoping to not make this a debate, just your initial reaction to how much you are willing to pay. As a consumer you have to make decisions on your own purchases, so your initial reaction is important!)

(Edit 2: I'll include any other payment options suggested in this thread, or ones I think up of randomly to this post.)

No more than I've paid for BAF or PMC or will end up paying for ACR when it comes out.

Day Z should be ArmA II DLC, because that's what it is.

If I can, I'd have it priced just like your question.

Base price set very low. Pay what you think it's worth, if you think it's worth more, pay more.

• Like 4

For a full DayZ game without all those ugly glitches (yes im talking about fence proning, ladder falling, Hackers and Disconnect before death, proning in buildings Etc..) i would pay atleast 20€ for the game, I would pay for skins too. (oh.. Having skins that requires a type of achievment to get would be really nice! Then you know who is pro and who the Scrub)

i think skins is enough, if were all going to buy hats and new weapons it would be just like Team Fortress 2, And i hate that game.

I think skins is enough' date=' if were all going to buy hats and new weapons it would be just like Team Fortress 2, And i hate that game.

[/quote']

Heh, I was kind of poking fun at TF2 with the hat comment. :D

I can't remember what I payed for a boxed version of BAF/PMC, I'm guessing it wasn't under £15.

So, £30 for a stand alone game sounds about right.

(will you throw in a Cherno t-shirt?)

EDIT: I'd sooner mod the mod for a new wardrobe.

i would pay 60$ for this game any day of the week, even if it was 3 years old.

my check list for buying any game pretty much follows this.

is it MP? yes? will pay for it.

is it PVP multiplayer? yes? will pay more for it

does it allow for creative and good team based mechanics, while also letting you do your own thing? yes? ill pay full price every time.

I'd donate $100 now if rocket offered to set up a few official servers, and I would pay $59.99 on release and then probably be willing to toss a few more bucks in on cosmetic accessories like shades, hats, tattoos, etc.

I'd pay £40 for the game with polished programming and guarantees of continued community support.

I'd have do much DLC for the thing, I'd spend £100 quite easily.

For a fully completed, standalone DayZ that had none of ARMA's flaws or quirks? Full price or more, easy.

A good, solid and realistic price would $30. At that price, it's really appealing to a lot of people but it's still enough to make a hefty profit on. However, I would be willing to dish out a full retail $60 price.

For an Alpha of DayZ where Rocket had access to source and could do anything he wanted in the future?

$50. I've gotten more time out of this mod than I have most full-priced PC titles. Realistic price point? $15 for Alpha, $30 upon release.

I would pay $40 USD, but not in it's current state. If it was standalone quality, then $40 for sure.

I am completely 100% against paying for skins though. There should be another way to get different skins aside from paying real money. In-game incentives may not work well, because it can change the dynamics of the game if people are playing certain way in order to get an achievement or unlock, instead of just playing to survive. I.E. I don't want people to log and go afk in a forest for 60 minutes, because they are trying to get an achievement/skin reward for 'stay alive for 60 minutes'.

$1 per respawn, or $15 upfront (assuming current mod's gameplay content, without Arma2 baggage).

I expect the mod to improve so my $25 investment will pay off enough for me to consider another investment if DayZ is turned into a standalone game.

I'd pay tons if it was finished feature-wise and updates made the game harder instead of easier (which is how I assume it's going to go down, but I've been disappointed so many times before, like with minecraft)

Realistically i'd pay $20-$30 and maybe have a cosmetic shop for skins, hats, etc. Not a shop that will give you a advantage over other players. No Pay 2 Win game please. I know starting up a kickstarter has been tossed around before and I think there will be alot of profit made off of that.

At this current time, with my bank account almost in single digits, I could pay $5 for it.

On a sunnier day I would easily throw $30 for a finished DayZ.

I wouldn't mind paying a full game price - ($90NZD)

or I don't mind the idea of say $10 for 20 or however many lives?

I'm not a big fan of buying hats.. but being able to customize your character would be cool.

I'd love this game to be stand alone and not a mod or dlc

I'd definitly shell out up to €30, but somewhere between that and €15 is fine.

Would probably shell out more but it has to be real good at that point, or for sale on Steam.

I'd be willing to pay up to $30 on release, since I'm not going to have a physical copy of it and it is a modification of an existing game.