imagelesskjc

How much would you pay?

depends on its current state maybe 20ish usd... Now ask me once we get into beta and there is more social mechanics and i'll tell you a better guess of what I will pay for a finished version.

I would pay a high base price 50-70$ for a stand alone game. I would even pay a $10-15 monthly fee if it were a Eve Tranquility like world where there is one server and the players/community drive the content.

I'd be willing to pay full price £30 - £50, alpha player or not. I can honestly say this is one of the best Mod's I've ever played in my long life of gaming.

What you could do with regards of Alpha players (Forum Board posters at least) Is offer them some sort of exclusive package, like similar limited editions, that way everyone gets what they want and there's a thank you from the "team"

I'm not saying a physical product just something in game. I think Dedicated fans would love to be recognized for their participation. Hell I'd be happy with an in game Helmet (for obvious reasons)

And as far as purchasing items for long term funding etc I Honestly think it will take something away from the game, You can find Items in game, it's part of the fun and for some reason to play (Achievements in itself)

Perhaps you could do seasonal options? Summer, Spring, Autumn and Winter Map Packs? I WILL PAY FOR MORE MAPS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK (sorry but i can not stress that enough)

But whatever you do, I don't share your thoughts on Competition, You have a huge and STILL growing base of users / fans. With games like The Dead Linger, WarZ and also Cherno Apocalyps being updated and coming out soon, I fear you may lose a large percentage of that fanbase

That will put a dampener on any funding long term or short.

To reiterate, I will pay full whack for this game upon release!!

Best price for me would be $30 but I would be willing to pay up to $60.

Would not be willing to buy cosmetic items and monthly payments are out of the question.

I already paid for it, which also allows me to obtain hundreds of other mods, missions and addons.

I bought Mount & Blade in the alpha/beta for $11 or something, but ended up buying the full retail game, just to support to the final product. In DayZ's current state, I've had more hours of enjoyment, than some of the $50-60 titles in my library. I think a price point around the lower part of $30-40 would be reasonable.

If they fixed the HDR bug where screen goes black when you look up and bright when you look down then $30.00.

Already bought it in the form of ARMA II -,- why pay twice.....?

Sometimes after heavy poundering you cannot come but to any other conclusion that. What you did was not verry nice nor needed.

When above was written I was pissed off over real life issues and feasted my frustration the wrong way. So hereby "sorry for the short snappy remark"

That said.

IF! A DayzRetail will eventually be a reality AND! it's based on this Arma 2 engine or something of simular quality. €20-€30 euro=$24.62-$36.93

If the Arma 3 engine is used or something better then mentioned above......I guess more is due but without sounded like a total scrooge I guess €27,50-€45=$33,85-$55.39500

Provided that the product is polished under alpha and finetuning it over a significant (closed) beta period...............

EpOorklep

If dayz was a real game not off arma 2 or anything that was sold in stores i would buy it for $60

over nine thousand! :P nah like 15$-20$ if there no major bugs 20$

I will pay whatever price Rocket/Devs/publisher(if there is one) deem necessary. This is an amazing game and i have no problem forking up some cash for the standalone.

That said, i despise the pay to play and free to play buisness models. I am an old school gamer and i think you should only have to pay for a game once. DLC is the only thing i will pay for, but only because it adds content to the game, much like a sequel only more like a 1.5 version. If i like a franchise i will buy any sequel, prequel, or whatever i can get my hands on, but once i buy it i wanna be able to play it without getting nickeled and dimed over every little thing.

I would gladly pay $30(example price) for DayZ standalone, as long as i can play it just like i play it now. Hop on and have full access to everything everyone else does, for days, weeks, months, even years assuming there are still servers available. If down the road some DayZ DLC is released, maybe a new map with new zeds, weapons, tools etc, i would be ok with paying $10 for that addon. In my mind that is a like a mini-sequel.

I will not pay a monthly fee, i will not pay $3 for an ammo refill, or $10 to unlock certain guns. or $5 to get a purple dinosaur avatar. Keep that crap in the facebook games.

If it includes an offline sandbox game with campaigns/missions (aka "content") and an editor, then I'd be willing to pay the same price as for Arma III.

At it's current state, even if all of the bugs were gone? $5

Obviously I lost quite a bit with the initial purchase of $30, but I believe I made up for it with time played.

It's hard to say how much I would pay for a standalone game. I love the idea, but some of the execution is a bit lacking. More like the decisions in the PvP aspect of the game. With every sandbox that I've ever seen in development, the best games are games heavily focused on the PvE aspect of gameplay. When that sandbox focuses too much on PvP or ignores the drawbacks of allowing open PvP, it fails. You can go down the list of the recent notable sandbox MMO's. All you need to do is have the ability to kill others, and it will happen. In order to maximize your player base, you need to make the game all about the survival against infected.

Add non-zombie threats, such as bears and wolves. Add power grid functionality, similar to repairing vehicles and such. Add new light source functionality as well, such as attachable flashlights to weapons and dual wielding. Further allowing night play, as it's a major issue right now. Make repercussions for murder. My idea about requiring whiskey after several murders, to calm the shakes, would be a decent compromise. It doesn't prevent killing, it just requires players to think about it. Something needs to happen, again, a death match mod is not the way to go. There are plenty of those out there and most of them do the job better than DayZ. Add base building, not instanced. Open up non-enterable buildings, Arma 3? Allow higher max players and require login similar to MMO's, that force characters to be made on one server and one server only. It eliminates server hopping and players will not be able to reposition. Also, doing this allows people to have multiple characters. Create your own hand-crafted land mass, that allows you to change all names to English, or the server locations native language. How the game loads and the UI for nearly everything should be re-evaluated, remade, and polished. New cheat detection, or lock down your servers like I suggested with logins and everything being controlled by you, not the players. It's your game, you will need to take it back.

I probably could go on, but those are the most glaring things in my opinion, bugs being fixed is obvious. I think this would most likely require a new game engine and some seriously talented designers and artists. However, with the amount of people who have purchased Arma 2, and will no doubt purchase Arma 3 if the game is ported for beta, getting the money for something as ambitious as that shouldn't be a huge problem.

If that is the type of product I see, I would probably be willing to pay $50 for it. If it got to the point of supporting several thousand players and turned into a MMO, I would probably pay a monthly subscription. Though, and I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'd be surprised if most of the above mentioned features and fixes get done. Prove me wrong, you'll have my money. Don't, and I think you'll go the way of games like Darkfall, but even at a smaller scale.

Yikes.

I'd gladly pay $60 for this game rather than some shit console port that Activision and EA churn out.