caseymc

[How-to] Custom models & skins [DayZ mod 1.7.2.6+]

Enable default/custom character models on your 1.7.2.6+ Private Hive

Ever wanted custom skins or models for your private hive past DayZ 1.7.2.4? Got role players? Dont like trips to the debug plain when you morph? Tired of dying in a gun fight because you are doing the cupid shuffle while switching to your secondary? Enjoy losing Gear when you morph? Tired of the Humanity system?Want to add more tiers or skins to it? Want to remove it? Here is how..

====================================================================

Required files to remove humanity morphing:

client files > dayz_code.pbo > actions > player_wearClothes.sqf

To remove the morphing function find this segment:

_humanity = player getVariable ["humanity",0];

switch (_item) do {
case "Skin_Sniper1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Sniper1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Camo1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Camo1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Survivor2_DZ": {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
if (_humanity < -2000) then {
_model = "Bandit1_DZ";
};
if (_humanity > 5000) then {
_model = "Survivor3_DZ";
};
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,_model] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Soldier1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Soldier1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
};

Make it look like this:

[code]_humanity = player getVariable ["humanity",0];

switch (_item) do {
case "Skin_Sniper1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Sniper1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Camo1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Camo1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Survivor2_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Survivor2_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Soldier1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Soldier1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
};

To remove the restriction to character models or add your own

server files > dayz_server.pbo > compile > server_playerLogin.sqf

Find:

if (!_isNew) then {
//RETURNING CHARACTER
_inventory = _primary select 4;
_backpack = _primary select 5;
_survival = _primary select 6;
_model = _primary select 7;
_hiveVer = _primary select 8;

if (!(_model in ["SurvivorW2_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ"])) then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};

} else {
_model = _primary select 3;
_hiveVer = _primary select 4;
if (isNil "_model") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
} else {
if (_model == "") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};
};

To remove this completely and open any models:

if (!_isNew) then {
//RETURNING CHARACTER
_inventory = _primary select 4;
_backpack = _primary select 5;
_survival = _primary select 6;
_model = _primary select 7;
_hiveVer = _primary select 8;

} else {
_model = _primary select 3;
_hiveVer = _primary select 4;
if (isNil "_model") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
} else {
if (_model == "") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};
};

To add specific models if you are a public hive to keep the scriptfags at bay.. to some degree, add the class name to this line like i do with "FR_TL". For multiples, do like so "FR_TL","FR_AC","FR_GL":

if (!(_model in ["SurvivorW2_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","FR_TL","FR_AC","FR_GL"])) then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";

How this prevents others from starting at a heap of code trying to figure out what rocket did IOT make humanity work and block extra models. This may keep clans a regulars on your server.

With this you could as an admin/owner:

-Clan based models

-Create new clothing parcels and add tons of droppable civilian clothing.

-Tiers humanity system

-Punish players for whatever reason

-Enhance role playing, think of the back stories

-Enable the use of the tons of Arma 2 community/default models on your server

Use your imagination.

"Sgt MaC, Out."

Edited by caseymc
  • Like 7

So with it can i add all skins i founded in http://community.bis...rmA_2:_Infantry

only need to modify

if (!(_model in ["SurvivorW2_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","FR_TL","FR_AC","FR_GL"])) then {

_model = "Survivor2_DZ";

adding any skin?

Edited by fabiofloyd

Very cool thing if Im able to get it to work. Currently about to try it out on our private hive and excited to finally have the possibility of adding different skins than the usual ones.

+Beans too for that.

So, that leads me to another question that people might have found out by fiddling around with the server files:

Any good and quick way to edit the loot table of helicopter crash sites?

Thing we're trying to achieve is removing the .50 cal guns and possibly the L85 too for creating a slightly re-balanced gun distribution on the server.

While one could also do that by just replacing guns in players inventory through the databse, I find the way of doing that through servers files far less vulnerable to errors on the DB end of things, at least if its possible to do.

So any help in that direction would be greatly appreciated.

Starfish, tell me more about your server. I like the sound of it so far. The fact you're adding custom weapons to your database really peaks my interest.

Very cool thing if Im able to get it to work. Currently about to try it out on our private hive and excited to finally have the possibility of adding different skins than the usual ones.

+Beans too for that.

So, that leads me to another question that people might have found out by fiddling around with the server files:

Any good and quick way to edit the loot table of helicopter crash sites?

Thing we're trying to achieve is removing the .50 cal guns and possibly the L85 too for creating a slightly re-balanced gun distribution on the server.

While one could also do that by just replacing guns in players inventory through the databse, I find the way of doing that through servers files far less vulnerable to errors on the DB end of things, at least if its possible to do.

So any help in that direction would be greatly appreciated.

You can edit the amount of items total that drops at heli crashes, you can also change the maximum amount of heli crashes. You cannot however directly edit its specific item drops without modding the dayz pbos themselves - which means your players would all need to download your custom version of the mod - which means you server would be less populated.

OP: Thanks!!! You have my beans, good sir.

Edited by Mrdk

Well, basicaly we've got custom buildings placed and some minor modifactions. Though thats all done through database editing so far, also to avoid having the clients download a custom mod package, but instead being good to go with normal dayz and rMod enabled.

So that ends up with towns like Kamenka having an industrial spawn and some minor lookout points (the Novy water tower for example), creating a fresh atmosphere and giving those crappy spawn points some sense as well.

What Im looking forward to is changing the weapon balance, e.g. by editing the helicopter spawn sites loot table as that seems far less complicated than editing the whole dayz loot spawning in general.

And additionally would be greatly appreciative of a possibility to include arma2 weapons that are included in rMod as well. As of now, the database cant spawn predefined inventory in vehicles or weapon drops in general, so adding them to heli crash sites would be perfect.

@Mrdk:

Thanks for the reply mate. Ways to edit these features would be perfect too, greatly appreciating an advise on what file to edit and what line of code to look at to.

So far Im trying to avoid any changes that force players to download custom files/version of the mod as I take that as too much of a hazzle for most players.

Edited by Starfish

Is it running yet? Are you planning on releasing it? If the server opens by all means let me know about it.

I have been trying to get this working on my server, but the skins always revert back to default after logout. I read that you have to add a variable (modelname = "modelname";) to the mission init.sql but I'm not 100% on how or where to do this and I don't wanna break my server with the trial and error method.

i dont get where this file is or how to edit it , can any one help me , ive opened up the dayz_code.pbo and its not in there :/

i dont get where this file is or how to edit it , can any one help me , ive opened up the dayz_code.pbo and its not in there :/

it's in the dayz_server.pbo, extract it with something like pboviewer or cpbo, in the "compile" folder, the file you need to edit is "server_playerLogin.sqf". I still need help getting the skins to stick after log out though

well i added this line in :

_model = "Survivor2_DZ";

but when i put my self to FR_AC skin , it dosnt work

well i added this line in :

_model = "Survivor2_DZ";

but when i put my self to FR_AC skin , it dosnt work

I just deleted all that to unlock all the skins, never tried just adding skins to the list.

but yours dosnt save when you log though right?

they didn't but I've found out how to fix that, the variables ( modelname = "modelname"; ) goes at the bottom of the server_functions.sql file

I'd like to make the towns to have more zombies. But after increasing the numbers in 'server_townZombify.sqf' they're still kind of low.

I only get about 4 around single barns.

Running a Saintly server.

private["_town","_spot","_buildings","_list","_size","_numZeds","_impt","_position","_buildings","_totalBuildings","_numGroups","_building","_type"];
//has town
_town = _this;
_type = type _town;
_spot = objNull;
_buildings = [];
_list = [];
_numZeds = 99;

_impt = (importance _town);
_size = 80;
switch (_type) do {
default {
_numZeds = 29;
_size = 40 * _impt;
};
case "NameCity": {
_numZeds = 32;
_size = 80 * _impt;
};
case "NameCityCapital": {
_numZeds = 99;
_size = 120 * _impt;
};
};

Does anyone have a listing of the correct files that need to be touched to turn "added skins" into a lootable (and packable) item?

As in - I want to add more choices, not change choices out.

I've figured out that I need to touch a number of files, requiring a player download of content to join our server. (Which is ok - we have a community that is good with that).

But even though I've got the entire thing set up, I keep getting an error when running into the area to spawn the new loot.

"No Entry in bin\config.bin\CfgMagazines.Skin_Soldier2_DZ" as an example.

Any insight would be appreciated, as I've torn apart every PBO, including dayz_server.pbo, trying to figure out where the issue is.

It can spawn Skin_Soldier1_DZ just fine, but it doesn't spawn Soldier2_DZ.

The modders, well developers now should make a character customization menu, that would give the game some depth, but to give us the ability to make our own models would be even better, but make it sow everyone on the server downloads each others models if the server creator accepts it, if not then it would be a random character, but make a load of the default models so people don't look the same, or you will get the awkward moment of shooting your friend instead of a dick if the nameplate doesn't show.

Following clothes should defiantly be put in:

Sheriff Clothes,

Army Woodland Clothing thingy,

Suit variation of colour,

Prisoner clothes,

And some other ones, but the point still stands, if you can't choose how your face looks like at least give us enough freedom to either import a model or give us character creation, that way everyones character is personal, makes you stand out and makes you look more baddass.

Thanks guys!

-Murtsley

• Like 1

Im trying to add in Completely custom loadouts for donors & stuff on my server.

Here is how I have my skins setup so far, which it loads up correctly as default, but the custom ones are not working..

also there is no way to split male from female, so a female will attempt to spawn in wearing the males clothes, and will be invisible..

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////                                            Custom Loadouts                                              /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Chronic Loadoutif ((getPlayerUID player) in ["76561198083149700"]) then {DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","PartGeneric"];        DefaultWeapons = ["m4a1","RH_m1911sd","ItemMap","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemToolbox","ItemCompass","ItemEtool","ItemCrowbar"];        DefaultBackpack = "DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1";        DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";        DZE_defaultSkin = [["gsc_eco_stalker_head_fred"]]         };//MooTactics Loadoutif ((getPlayerUID player) in ["76561197996229452"]) then {DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","RH_8Rnd_45cal_m1911","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","PartGeneric"];        DefaultWeapons = ["m4a1","RH_m1911sd","ItemMap","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemToolbox","ItemCompass","ItemEtool","ItemCrowbar"];        DefaultBackpack = "DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1";        DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";        DZE_defaultSkin = [["gsc_military_helmet_grey"]]        };///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////                                            Default Loadout                                              ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","RH_17Rnd_9x19_g17SD","RH_17Rnd_9x19_g17SD","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","PartGeneric"];DefaultWeapons = ["RH_g17sd","ItemMap","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemToolbox","ItemCompass"];DefaultBackpack = "DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1";DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";DZE_defaultSkin = [["Skin_Sniper1_DZ"], [ori_vil_woman_survivor_5]]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////                                            Donator Loadouts                                             ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I read over the top post, and don't really understand it at all, or how i would customize it, so the help is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

You not only have errors in your code there, it is also not possible to do this anymore, as this guide is from 2012.

Not to mention that Donator-Loadouts will not be supported in any way shape or form.

Locked.