Brutal-Hunter

Health should be increased

-I think that health should be increased to about 18,000 blood. After this, the developers could make the guns more different. Im not sure how to describe it but I feel as most of the guns have the same stats if you compare the same classes of guns together. Like all the pistols basically take the same amount of shots to kill. There really should be more variety to the amount of shots it takes to kill. The only real differences is the sights and range.

-I feel increasing health would increase the funess of the game because it would make killing people much harder and make it much more satisfying when you do. The battles between people are way to short. I know this will make the game unrealistic but its a game meant to be fun. I don't like it how people can be taken out with one shot. Alot, of the time they aren't even able to fight back. I know that is what happens in real life but its really lame how you kill a person with like 5 shots with the AK-47 and that is a fairly common gun. I think the best solution is to make players 50% stronger.

TL;DR -Increase health to make battles between players longe.

Edited by Brutal-Hunter

DayZ and Arma2 as a whole attempt to provide realism. Most people are incapacitated after taking between one and three shots from a military-grade assault rifle. Hence, Arma2 made most guns kill in between two and six shots, and incapacitate in between one and three.

Also, this belongs in the suggestion forum.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're playing the wrong game to me. You take the realistic out of DayZ, and you take the fun out of it. You're trying to create fun, by removing fun. Bad logic leads to bad results. I suggest you live with how the guns work in this game, or go and play a different one. The closest you'll see, to them changing combat, is by making more of the higher caliber weapons kill you faster.

DayZ and Arma2 as a whole attempt to provide realism. Most people are incapacitated after taking between one and three shots from a military-grade assault rifle. Hence, Arma2 made most guns kill in between two and six shots, and incapacitate in between one and three.

Also, this belongs in the suggestion forum.

It's not an arcade shooter..

Most appropriate answers to a question/suggestion like this.

ArmA2 & DayZ are about gritty realism and survival. If you want to still be alive after 10 bullets from an assault rifle...without being rude...your playing the wrong game.

Also, instead of making the game easier, why don't you learn to play smarter. I've been in gun battles/firefights for 5-10 minutes. Shooting at each other, using cover, flanking, suppressing etc etc.

It's only over in an instant if your not careful and go running about like this is every other fps out there (COD/MOH/Battlefield) Just get out of that mindset and you may actually live longer and exchange gunfire for more than 1 second or not at all. And i'm not having at go at COD players etc etc. It was merely a reference to just about every other fps out there...which ArmA2 & DayZ are not.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

No, no, no, no, NO. Do NOT do this. I'm sorry but I hate this idea.

I know this will make the game unrealistic but its a game meant to be fun

Wrong. It's meant to be realistic, not fun. And all the posts above pretty accurately describe why your suggestion shouldn't turn into anything more than just that.

• Like 1

No, as said before it would take way the realism thus not as fun.

Edited by Inception.

I just had a 15 minute long sniper duel in Cherno. Me with an FN FAL versus an AS-50 TWS.

Neither of us won, but I had a hell of a lot of fun, and we did it with incredibly powerful weapons.

Weapon damage should be increased. At least for the pistols and those lower tier shottys. 8 upper torso shots just to down a guy is fucking ridiculous.

We are going for an authentic experience here, or at least trying to. Increasing the blood levels so you can take 20 makarov bullets is total BS.

In an environment like DayZ being shot with even one bullet would probably be a death sentence without proper medical attention.

At present I think the bullet damage is probably a little bit too low - but isnt too bad. I would prefer different shot boxes for different parts of the body. Head shots and heart shots should be pretty much instant death, while shots to the legs and arms could cause less damage but more bleeding and maiming. Imagine shooting a sniper in both arms and letting him live, but unable to fire a weapon properly.