Taiphoz

Clan Flags.

How about an Item in the game , a Flag and Flag Pole this item would take the clan infor from the clan xml file of the person holding the item.

When a person places a flag in the ground, it claims that area, 30 or 40 meter radius around the flag as the property of that clan, once placed the clan would fill that area with their things, tents, vehicles, fencing etc.

If a player who does not belong to that clan logs into the server inside this radius then the server would push the player out to 40 meters away from the flag this can be a fixed spot chosen by the server or random around the radius.

Clans will then be able to build proper camps, fencing them off and protecting them , other players would then need to correctly assault the camp , taking down any defensive walls and fencing and killing the players before getting at any fat loot in the tents, this would instantly stop server hopping into defended places.

If you place a flag in a building would be cool if the building then got the flag on the roof with the clan logo, would look mint I think, people would look at it learn the clans logo and learn who the people are.

• Like 6

If you can't protect a place 24/7 you should not be helped by a script, i know this suchs because IRL you would have people guarding the place but AI would also be bad solution ( either they are stupid or overpowered and they can't adapt like the human mind )....there should be no claiming/blocking off terrotories...could be abused like everything else. Even if you could not have access to the place you could lob some nades in there or turn it into a death zone for the owners.

Let's wait a bit, maybe they will introduce concealable stashes ( partly dug in is possible to script )

Edited by Enforcer

Yeah, im sure it wont be placed at barracks or nothin'

From now on, im drawing a dirt path in the ground to form a magical barrier from me and everything else.

I also mentioned this in my first ever post lol. Create your own banner/flag for your clan and you're officially recognised as part of a group in the game, whether that be bad for you or good for you. Would just add either a bigger amount of reason to kill you, or intimidate people that if they do kill you, they're going to be killed themselves.

would be easy for them to simply prevent the flag from being placed in key locations like prevent them on , in or near any military loot spawns that would stop the tents in fire stations that we see so much of right now, the station in elektro on my server was always fenced off and had a group of players in it all the time just camping and pushing the loot.

this system is the best solution to public hives and private allowing players to just server hop past those hard earned and hard worked for defensive walls.

I'm not sure it will be necessary (if it's the standalone we're talking about?) There's going to be (hopefully) ways of identifying clans/groups via armbands and so on. Also, groups will be able to build underground bases. In fact Rocket has said that it will be very hard to do as an individual. This will provide clans with the area they need for storing things and so on and the bases will be persistent, meaning that you will effectivly be able to fight over a base and then claim it as your own. Details of how you will be able to defend these bases are sketchy but I've seen talk of traps and so on. No need for magic barriers.

Thre is already the xml system where normally your xml is shown as a badge on your shoulder...but somehow the pmc models don't support this.

That's in Arma, it's not enabled in DayZ (apart from vehicles and your profile).

I liked the idea until this magical barrier... why would you need fences and wires if there is a barrier? lol. Now, putting a flag claiming an area is a nice idea, as long as other problem can, in some way, infiltrate or destroy your base. Then we are talking

think you got the wrong idea, the flag simply prevents people from SPAWNING into that area, the fences stop them WALKING in.

I think we can all agree that right now when we put down fencing and sandbags and tank traps to stop some one or a group of people moving into our base we cant stop them moving to another server where our stuff is not protected move into our base and then jump back to our server avoiding out defenses , this flag would simply stop them from doing that it is not a magical barrier .