venthos

HOWTO: Use publicvariableval.txt to auto-kick players with hacked weapons

Okay, but that still would not catch people with invalid items (many of them, like weapons, anyway) until they do a dayzCharDisco (hitting escape, exiting game, etc.), and it would leave you highly vulnerable to hacks by not logging very much stuff. Additionally, someone having an L85 doesn't make them a hacker, clearly.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

Yeah for a public server. Do people still play on those? :)

marrr:

The method no longer works, so there's no point in updating the blacklist.

You're welcome to use my working solution here.

marrr:

The method no longer works, so there's no point in updating the blacklist.

You're welcome to use my working solution here.

Not sure why you don't think this works anymore. It works just as well as it ever did when client tries to save the player's loadout back to the hive.

Anyone can try this simple exercise on their public hive server to know that it's not working:

Search your publicvariable.log for "Colt1911" (or any other common weapon classname).

Umm thats because that filters only logs interesting things. The only time loadout information would show up is if you were logging discovery or saves. The DCBL publicvariable.txt and publicvariableval.txt do not log those. So why would that show up? Maybe it stopped working temporarily because of a battleye update but i know for a fact it's working just fine because I have lots of items disabled on our server and hackers ALWAYS spawn these items in as part of a standard loadout and they get busted. Those filters never worked great but they don't work any less than they did before as of last night.

Its not a battleye issue

Because your gear syncs are no longer sent to the server using http://community.bis...cVariableServer

Its part of the new changes in 1.7.5.1 https://github.com/R...er_gearSync.sqf

Its part of the new performances changes i.e gearsync to server is now using the callRpcProcedure instead..

Haven't had the time yet to hunt down where callRpcProcedure function code is @ i.e if its an arma function / dayz function

Edited by Torndeco

Hohlraum: I have 1 "" in my publicvariable.txt and publicvariableval.txt . Weapons are not logged, and they haven't been since quite a while before I made that other fix, as had been discussed at length in this thread around that time. You were even involved in the discussion, so I really don't know how you believe it's still working (with the public hive and official files).

Edit:

It just stopped working as of 1.7.5.1 with dayzCharDisco, but it's not been working since before I made the fix with dayzPlayerSave.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

It's a private hive with some customization but nothing pertaining to how character data is synced. hmm.

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it should probably go in the whitelist.

I´ve added ItemRadio to your list, as it seems to be legit now. Correct me if I´m wrong!

I don't see it in the dayz_code config files, and I haven't seen anything about it in the changelogs, so I believe it's still bogus.

• Like 1

OK. So i will undo my changes.

Cheers mate :)

Is this project still in progress?

You can make better use of addweaponcargo.txt in tracking illegitimate weapons. Use the latest BE filters provided by Faco in the 1.7.7 mod patch announcement.

Thanks. Haven´t seen it before in the files ;)

I haven't messed with it since my last update, I stopped hosting a server in the beginning of April, and I stopped playing DayZ a month or so before that. The concept probably still can work, but you'll have to keep your whitelist updated with the current items the game has.