venthos

HOWTO: Use publicvariableval.txt to auto-kick players with hacked weapons

I'm seeing a few on disconnect but not on join any more.

BE change something?

I'm seeing a few on disconnect but not on join any more.

BE change something?

It never worked on join as far as I know. Only saves and disconnects.

M4A1_Aim_camo is hacked in? been seeing that one in game for a long time. hrrm.

M4A1_Aim is the legit version (M4A1 CCO)

M4A1_Aim_Camo is not legit (M4A1 CCO w/camo paint)

M4A1_HWS_GWL_camo (M4A1 HOLO w/camo paint) is the only valid M4 with the "_Camo" designation in the class name.

Edited by Venthos

It never worked on join as far as I know. Only saves and disconnects.

You're right. I was very tired this morning.

I haven't seen a "dayzPlayerSave" since 9/27.

Anyone else?

I had 9 dayzPlayerSave entries last night in a few hour period, all kicked for hacked items, in addition to a few disconnects. That does seem a little low, but it's doing it.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

5 "\"Soldier1_DZ\""

hrrm. i've got tons of these as well. i thought the DZ stuff was all valid? :)

Solider1_DZ is a soldier skin Rocket coded in, but did not put anywhere in game as a legitimate drop. If anyone has this, it was ultimately hacked in at some point. Just like a hacked weapon, the person may not know it had to have been hacked in when they got it from a tent/whatever. But, there's no legit way to get the soldier skin currently.

I hate to keep asking but I thought ItemRadio was something rocket added. Was that just a rumor?

ItemRadio isn't unique to DayZ, so Rocket didn't add it, but also, it's not in any spawn lists, so it hasn't been added in that sense either. I've heard that at one time (before I started playing in early June), it was in the game.

Mister_Magotchi, I'm using your list and all seems fine (thanks for that!), I am also using DayZ AntiHax which auto downloads the file, so I have set it to false so it does not overwrite your list.

I seem to recall you posted a solution to preserve you list and still download and merge the up to date publicvariableval.txt file - is this something I can add to the config file for DayZ AntiHax or does it require a seperate batch file? I am a little unsure of what I need to do to achieve this.

TIA :)

Separate batch file is the only way you can do it.

You guys could add invalid player models to your publicvariableval if you wanna kick for them. Since the current model is included during hive updates it'll boot people for those as well.

Here are a list of all the models I've seen on our private server followed by their counts. I know the first 4 are hacked but not sure about the rest.

Rabbit,1

z_policeman,1

z_priest,1

Soldier1_DZ,10

BanditW1_DZ,10

Survivor3_DZ,18

Camo1_DZ,155

SurvivorW2_DZ,295

Sniper1_DZ,306

Bandit1_DZ,440

Survivor1_DZ,1457

Survivor2_DZ,5509

Edited by Hohlraum

I believe they're legit but that BanditW1 looks new to me.

Maybe that's the old Bandit full body skin?

Edited by RS-Dolph

Actually I think putting the z_* models in publicvariablesval.txt will cause problems because they show up in the player state updates (when looting most likely). I'm leaving Rabbits in mine because very few people actually shoot & loot them.

Anyone considered putting together a list of EVERY object classname in arma 2 that ISN'T in dayz?

I've looked into that. If it were easy, I would have already done it. It's hard to get a list of only items possible to be in one's inventory, so I've just been using my RPT scanning method, combined with the whitelist, to make the list.

I figured :) Seems like createvehicle.txt is pretty relaxed with what it kicks for as well. Had someone spawn "Bo_GBU12_LGB" all over the map and the only reason he was kicked was due to DAH object flooding. Seems like there are so many things that could be added to those DCBL filters.

Neither of those include any of the BAF_ stuff or the stuff created specifically for DayZ, and neither of them are particularly easy to parse into a usable list for this purpose.