Sign in to follow this  
lucid_wolf@hotmail.com

Alt Tabbing Out= Death

So I Alt- Tabbed out to check the map for deer stand spawns, I come back in to "You are Dead". Most likely a hacker due to the fact i was in the middle of nowhere under a shrub in a ghillie. Has this happened to you? Kinda sucks not knowing what happened or who killed you. If it was a player than Beans to you and your good eyes :)

It happend to me today. I alt tabbed inside bush and one min later i was dead, no idea what happend.

happend to a streamer once while he was live streaming. lots of lulz where had.

related video:

happens to the best :)

just get a dirt cheap second monitor and put the map up there.

Edited by Broter
  • Like 2

Happened to me I just got up to grab a Mt. Dew... even in the real life it'll curse your DayZ! Not even a minute away... damn that sweet tastey necture of the Gods!

• Like 1

I never play full screen with DayZ, so all I have to do is pause and click on another window.

So whenever my power falls out or stupid internet losing connection for 1 minute, the game closes, thinks it's alt f4 and kills me?

I had something kind of different happen, I alt tabbed as everything was normal, and then when I alt tabbed back in there was just a HUGE pile of ammo crates in front of me.

I just said ''Nope'' and logged out.

No. He was killed by someone when he alt tabbed to look at a different window.

It's happened to me twice now. I don't alt tab out. Just use in game map or have it up on my tv.

If you ever see a player running then dropping to the floor and stopping for a few seconds. Most likely checking a map and alt tabbing out

Its happened to me twice too, both times I was in the middle of nowhere, wearing a Ghillie, on a low population server. Skiddies generally need to wait until you are motionless before they can hit you so it makes a decent amount of sense.