Sign in to follow this  
machiavelli

Restart while driving

Question. If you save your vehicle, then start driving and the server suddenly restarts, what happens to your vehicle? This recently happened and after rejoing 3-4 minutes later, I was on the road we were driving on, but our car was no where to be found.

On a related note, can hackers restart a server through a script? I ask because (story time) at this time when we were driving, we were shot at but we just kept going through the town. Not 20 seconds later is when the restart happened (12:20 AM), which is a really odd time for a server to have a scheduled restart. My partner said he was seeing our car in a house on his screen and it was about 5-7 seconds after that I got the "no message received" and lost connection. I ask because I find it odd how someone takes shots at us, fails, and almost immediately, the server restarts.

But really, what the hell happened to my car?!

No hackers cannot restart the server

Well, theoretically a hacker could restart a server, but we are talking about script kiddies.

Well, theoretically a hacker could restart a server, but we are talking about script kiddies.

You'd have to hack the server and gain shell access. Highly unlikely

The most possible answer is the restart bug.

I am admin and have encountered a problem when restarting the server.

Sometimes all the vehicles and tents are gone after restart.

But they appear after another restart.

/Terrorfish

Edited by Terrorfish

You'd have to hack the server and gain shell access. Highly unlikely

The most possible answer is the restart bug.

I am admin and have encountered a problem when restarting the server.

Sometimes all the vehicles and tents are gone after restart.

But they appear after another restart.

/Terrorfish

I'm guessing then our car will be somewhere in the middle of the road? I just found it odd the server restarts at 12:20 and the shooter had failed hard.

If you are DC'd whilst driving the car will be near where you disconnected.

If the server restarts whilst you are driving, the car will be where you get in it last.

Edited by grylsyjaeger

If you are DC'd whilst driving the car will be near where you disconnected.

If the server restarts whilst you are driving, the car will be where you get in it last.

I've only dc'd when a hacker has teleported in front of me. This was certainly a server restart as everyone was gone when I rejoined. I'll have to check where we started our trip...3k run now...hurtin'.

A server restarted for me while a bunch of soldier zombies were charging at me. It was like the ending to a suspenseful t.v. series.

Found a GAZ along with 2 buses the other day all stocked up with gear, car parts ghillie ammo etc..

So i take the GAZ and go pick my friend up and we go for a blast around the countryside, lots of fun,

Then suddenly we both start to desync at the same time, lose connection with the server and minutes later when we get back on, the GAZ is nowhere to be seen.

Couldnt help but notice that the only other person on the player list happened to be part of the clan that runs the server,

coincidense?

I doubt it.

Edited by Fluxley58

Maybe the server admin restarted the server because you stole his car?

My car. Blood, sweat, and gas into that thing. Sent about 2-3 hours finding parts and fixing up. It was in it's spawn spot, so it's mine.

That was my other thought that it was an admin, but that is really really shitty. Like one or two steps above the scripters. You can't aim big guy, gg...lay.