Sign in to follow this  
oostalker

Suicide via weapon instead of "respawn"

I think instead of the current "respawn" method you should have the ability to use your weapon on yourself.

I like this idea because it seems more real (zombies tearing you apart handgun in hand you should be able to pop off a round to quickly end it).

Doing this should attract nearby zombies to your corpse, this way players have to wade through zombies to get your loots.

The respawn is removed... ages ago but you can still use it if your quick enough can sometimes take ages clicking though.

I definitely would prefer a self inflicted bullet than being torn to shreds and eaten alive.

However, I just know how the Australian government and press would react the moment somebody commited suicide and it was found they played DayZ once: "Video Game promotes Suicide! That dastardly Kiwi Rocket trying to kill our kids"

I definitely would prefer a self inflicted bullet than being torn to shreds and eaten alive.

However, I just know how the Australian government and press would react the moment somebody commited suicide and it was found they played DayZ once: "Video Game promotes Suicide! That dastardly Kiwi Rocket trying to kill our kids"

Well, you still can jump off of КОЛГАЗ or some fire station... Or blow yourself up with a satchel charge or a grenade... I wonder how this does not "promote suicide".

Putting a drawn bullet into a drawn head of a drawn "you" is pretty much the same to me.

the idea is worth thinking about.

Well i broke my leg in a forrest (dont ask me how ;) ) and had to crawl a hour to the next city to commit suicide.

In that moment, commiting suicide would be much nicer and much more realistic (and less time consuming) way to restart the game ;)