mike___rutten@hotmail.com

Dayz ruined by rampat hacking?

There were two of these threads (at least) on the front page, so I merged them. You probably won't even notice.

Yes, it is strictly a multiplayer game so it will feature multiplayer.

Wrong, i did notice, cause ppl reflections of the game state got lost.

Holy. Shit. This TOTALLY hasn't been said before! Please, tell us everything you know about hacking, I really want to hear what the problem with it is!

hacking cant be fixed in this mod!!!

just have fun with it till the game comes out. and if hacking is an issue then, demand moneys back

Maybe try DayZ Lingor. I don't know why, but Ive yet to run into a hacker in there. Also they seem to have a really different community with a different attitude to how DayZ should be played.

its true that hackers ruined what dayz was. it used to be a kick to be in the midst of nowhere up north, bumping into others like that and generally feeling your character was "alive" even when logged out.

hackers - and by that i mean insta killers/teleporters in this case - devolved dayz into the kind of game they came from if you think about it. Now everyones at cherno/elektro and there seems little reason to struggle with the emotional toil of this game in that way.

if you have a long hard think over it, the folks who just join server after server killing all people, then going through all the black screens and waiting just to do it again, you really have to wonder right? maybe it's just 2 or 3 people doing that. maybe it's one. one complete shithead who hates how he is nothing and tries to impact the universe this way since its all he can do. it would be possible for one person to spend every waking moment of their pathetic life going down the most popular servers doing this over and over. So in that case, its possible only 5 or so people are doing it. are these abnormal people? shunned somehow? are they offended by the masochism and realism of the game on a personal level? either this theory or the theory that a powerful entertainment company is using hard tactics to pursuade gamers to get back on the maintrack.

i noticed that since the tents and vehicles were "fixed", now it is common to come across all vehicles and tents drawn to one location (magnet) and then the tents run over. i'm sure that guy or guys is doing it on every server.

the beauty of it is that there are still so many players. we keep coming back. we will buy standalone and by the grace of snackbar its gonna be secure

Join a private hive.

Private Hives are only as good as the admins. Just because it's a private hive doesn't mean harckers won't be there if the admins are not on the ball.

honestly, there's only been one time I've encountered any hacked/scripted/etc stuff or people. That one time was when I was out at the nwaf looting the buildings with my friend, we went to the centeral comm tower there.. We were standing up like idiots and rearming (we figured, it was a low pop night server so it didn't matter) NOEP! He gets sniped, and right as that happens, I lay down and crawl my way to the bottom of that tower, I sit it out and figure it's safe (after like 15 minutes)... I make a break to get out past the hangers, I am alright and in the clear, I go away from there, a few km's away and then get teleported back to the beach. I don't have any of my items that I had (akm, several mags, m107 with like 7 mags (all legit), food, blood bags, nvgs, alice pack, basically everything I could have possibly wanted)... I didn't die, but the game almost acted as if I did.. When it teleported me back to the beach, it showed the "you are dead" screen... After all that, I spawned back into the server, all my stats and clothing was still there (kills, bandit kills, ghillie suit, humanity, hunger, etc etc).... But, when I spawned, I had NOTHING on me. I didn't even have a coyote pack... Oh well, I'm back to a reasonable amount of items... I still miss that sniper though :/

You guise would have much more fun if you didn't get attached to your pixels.

I bet OP gets just as mad when dying to a more skilled player, as he does when getting hacked.

Hackers make this "game" much more fun. Good luck finding a car that works or that extremely rare gun you have always wanted. All I do now is note where the hacker tents are and loot them constantly. I'm geared in 30 mins with the best equipment, I only take what is legit so I can hop on a different server with my friends. WIN.

This is horse shit quite frankly. I've heard it a million times before "the next update, the next version, the standalone........... will fix the hacking".

That's like going to the car dealership and buying a jeep and the four wheel drive doesn't work and the dealership saying some douche tampered with it wait until we get our next shipment in and come buy another one.

The problem with hacking is the mods on this forum, rocket and his rules with server administration, and the pussy fucks that are attracted to the free for all the mods and devs have created for them.

Come to www.pc-gamers.net and sign up for our Oct 1st go live for private Lingor server which we don't have to associate by these "rules". What a joke. The game is amazing, the people are douches. We have a brilliant community, anti-hack measures monitored by hacking experts, and won't have these ridiculous issues. Lingor private is live now open for early access with Chernarus private coming in the next week or 2.

Want amazing experience with an amazing game? Come join us. PERIOD

Much like minecraft (and counterstrike) dayz has to deal with it's share of problems.

I've never said I could fix hacking. You will never "fix" it but you can do things to help. And tell me where I have even said that any upcoming dayz patch will even address hacking. I have not made those promises.

There are no rules for server administration, we opened this up and there are many excellent private hives. I don't know where you are getting information, but it is all wrong.

I've been promoting a number of private hives, because while i am addressing many issues in the standalone - they cannot be addressed in DayZ without changing the source. And that would fundamentally affect the experience of those playing regular ArmA2. Private hives are recommended as a great experience by me. Where people get the idea this is not the case, is beyond me.

• Like 3

Much like minecraft (and counterstrike) dayz has to deal with it's share of problems.

I've never said I could fix hacking. You will never "fix" it but you can do things to help. And tell me where I have even said that any upcoming dayz patch will even address hacking. I have not made those promises.

There are no rules for server administration, we opened this up and there are many excellent private hives. I don't know where you are getting information, but it is all wrong.

I've been promoting a number of private hives, because while i am addressing many issues in the standalone - they cannot be addressed in DayZ without changing the source. And that would fundamentally affect the experience of those playing regular ArmA2. Private hives are recommended as a great experience by me. Where people get the idea this is not the case, is beyond me.

I appreciate your sentiment and I like the sound of what you have said.

Referring to patches and updates, i am referring in general to the software industry.

I am ECSTATIC that you have opened up server adminning and yes this is news to me. Thank you for clarifying rocket.

As for fixing hacking, you're right it is an ongoing war that will never end which is why it's so important to let admins do their job.

Rocket, I'm sure you get many messages and comments from clueless individuals. I would like to invite you to a conversation with our community staff for some constructive collaberation. If you prefer to coordinate privately please let's do so!

The problem with hacking is the mods on this forum, rocket and his rules with server administration, and the pussy fucks that are attracted to the free for all the mods and devs have created for them.

Could you explain this in greater detail?

I would like to know we are causing the hacking. Maybe we can improve ourselves and get rid of it that way?

Edited by Max Planck

Maybe try DayZ Lingor. I don't know why, but Ive yet to run into a hacker in there. Also they seem to have a really different community with a different attitude to how DayZ should be played.

This myth reminds me of the Grapes of Wrath, I hear there is work out in California has turned into I hear there is a tropical paradise with no hackers out in Lingor. Hackers are going to hack, but private hives usually have better admins who are not constrained by the man (I see you in this thread Rocket, just kidding it seems like they relaxed the rules on public hives for server admins) and can kick people for any suspicious activity.

Rocket summed it up nicely in the post above, but hacking will remain a fact of life for every PC game but ArmA2 has some specific issues that make hacking an epidemic. Hopefully standalone will greatly reduce the frequency and amount of hackers (scripters), but there is no paradise free of hackers in the current mod or in the standalone. Had to delete my game yesterday due to Battleye and a corrupted file so while I was waiting out the install I played some Battlefield 3 and guess what happened, hack attack.

• Like 2

I would like to know we are causing the hacking. Maybe we can improve ourselves and get rid of it that way?

His details are that he is whining, he is the guy who complains about the rain in Seattle.

The mod's have some of the hardest jobs here at DayZ, because I directed I wanted the forums to be like the "wild west". Unlike many forums, where the mods are very heavy handed, huge amounts of leeway are given. I think they do a fantastic job of bringing a tiny bit of order to what is one of the wildest gaming forums out there. Max, who posted above, in particular has given countless hours to try and put some order into things, which makes my job much easier because I can review it.

In terms of contacting specific communities, I really, really enjoy being able to talk with people. Not just about the good things (I've enough warm and fuzzy media interviews to last me a lifetime), i like talking about the real issues. The mistakes I made, the challenges we face. I think at my Eurogamer talk - this is what I am going to talk about. All the things I am amazed that media have never asked or challenged me about.

Anyway - I do have very little time. especially with two key Bohemia employees in prison in Greece (they were map designers on ChernarusPlus), so I would need some kind of easy mechanism to have discussions such as those Max has provided with consolidated questions.

• Like 2

Have barely had any encounters with hackers lately on private hives. Hackers are in all games, they just happen to have a lot of different tools to use in Arma 2 which makes them stand out a lot more compared to hacking in other games. Everyone seems to have got into the habbit of saying "hacker" when they die though..

DealWithIt.jpg

It's a mod, and the hacking issue will be addresed in standalone

Yeah what he said.. Really? YOu really think the standalone will be the end of hackers? Battleye comes out with a patch and within hours it's worked around by hackers, I'll give the standalone version 48 hours tops until it's cracked. Anyone thinks otherwise is living in la-la land. It's possible to slow down hackers but you won't be able to completely rid every game of them.

Edited by RogueOne

Hey Rocket, Think your mods can unlock my other account that was given a warning and the ability to post for 2 days? It's been almost 2 weeks now?

Account : Rogue1

I'm not sure, probably best to contact a moderator directly.

Thanks, I just shot Max a message.

BTW> Keep up the good work! Cannot wait for the finished product!

Cause and allowance have very different definitions.

Community support staff who are effective at supporting their product and their community encourace the spread of awareness, are not sarcastic cocks to those attempting to spread awareness, and contribute constructively to pointing people int he right direction to achieve a better experience with their product and community.

Those who are non-effective brazenly ridicule and punish those spreading awareness and asking for direction.

If you wish to learn the powers of influence, respect, and other effective principles for managing and contributing to communities, which i greatly urge you to do, there is great material out there in the form of books or online communities to help you in that.