PointlessPerson

How To Get The Best Out Of DayZ?

Hey guys,

First of all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread,

Okay, what I want to know is, how do I make DayZ look the best?

I know, 'Just go on high everything, duh.' But I want to know about the other things,

What to take off or leave on, a graphic combination if you will,

So if anyone know's the best 'graphic combination' please let me know by posting below,

Thanks, Peace! :)

Yeah you'll get better performance if you interface resolution is same as your 3d resolution (top right in #Sleepy's post)

Also settings depend on your Graphics card so what works for one may not work for another.

Yeah you'll get better performance if you interface resolution is same as your 3d resolution (top right in #Sleepy's post)

Also settings depend on your Graphics card so what works for one may not work for another.

Aren't they both the same? (1280x720)

Edited by #Sleepy

why isnt your visibility all the way up?

I don't know what visibility does, all I know is Brightness. And for Gamma I hear people turn it up to see at night.

I don't know what visibility does, all I know is Brightness. And for Gamma I hear people turn it up to see at night.

i believe it increases the distance of visibility i may be mistaken since i cant notice a difference eh guess it doesnt matter?

i believe it increases the distance of visibility i may be mistaken since i cant notice a difference eh guess it doesnt matter?

I will turn it up when DayZCommander isn't acting weird.

doesn't matter what visibility you have guys, You'll see what the DayZ mod files says. Think its 1.500m or so (I've hhad a server whit a friend of man so i know what im talking about).

I think this is to have some balance between that players with better PC.

doesn't matter what visibility you have guys, You'll see what the DayZ mod files says. Think its 1.500m or so (I've hhad a server whit a friend of man so i know what im talking about).

I think this is to have some balance between that players with better PC.

You are correct sir. For gameplay to be fair everyone is limited to the same view distance.

• Like 1

You should have "Default" checked on video memory so the game can use all the video memory available. I also play without the post processing effects because I really dislike the motion blur effect.

If you want to abuse it to your advantage but by making the game look bad, turn of shadows and lower terrain to the lowest. That way you can much easier see people hiding in the woods further away since you don't load the shadows and grass the person thinks he is hiding in =P

You should have "Default" checked on video memory so the game can use all the video memory available. I also play without the post processing effects because I really dislike the motion blur effect.

If you want to abuse it to your advantage but by making the game look bad, turn of shadows and lower terrain to the lowest. That way you can much easier see people hiding in the woods further away since you don't load the shadows and grass the person thinks he is hiding in =P

This is a very important topic on it´s own, and reason the best Arma2 servers are closed.

Hackers are shite, but also the fact that some play almost ping pong graphics with a game that is much about moode/scenery.

Check the OP again, he asked for help to make DayZ look great, not for help how to exploit DayZ, but thanks for teaching any new KOS kiddies.

• Like 1

Turn off post-processing (it looks like crap anyway). Turn off AA, set HDR to very high, FXAA Sharp Filter, and Anisotropic to very high or 16x. With these settings you'll get great long distance quality at a high FPS.

Set video memory to "Default" instead of "Very High" if you have more than 512mb video ram. "Very High" is limited to 512mb (source: http://community.bis...:_Tweaking_Tips)

Setting shadow to low = more CPU, high = more GPU.

Turn off vsync, unless you get screen "tearing" effects, then turn it on (if you see half the screen is not catching up with the other half of the screen, or a verticle line appears)

If you have Nvidia drivers, turn on Ambient Occlusion

Edited by Soylent