Inception.

Stop flaming play-styles.

I recall this being a sandbox mod/game currently, no?

Therefore players can play however they want, yes? [Legitimately, of course].

Then why are the majority of people flaming others, merely because of their play-style?

If you want to go up on Sniper Hill and snipe new spawns and unaware firestation looters...then go! Fine by me. I don't really care, but I may hunt you down and make your character's life a living hell. I don't have control over your playstyle, and neither does ANYONE else.

You can play however you fucking wish to in the game. Of course, it may get annoying to be sniped constantly, or killed on sight constantly, but you are childish if you start spewing out insults at the irritation.

You flamers need to grow up and improve your skill. If you really hate those who KoS, then hunt them down. Eradicate their current life off the face of Chernarus if your heart so desires.

And why are some people calling those who KoS 'cowards', or telling them to drop their balls? Honestly? The state of one's balls is completely irrelevant.

Merely a sandbox game, people. Get used to it.

This game is nothing like CoD, so don't even dare try and say such a thing.

Murderers have the same right to play this game as heros. There is no set playstyle. They shouldn't be punished for doing so, either.

EDIT: No, I don't kill players like murderers do. I help as many as I can, when I can. I never kill on sight unless I have to, and I never KILL unless the situation deems it to be an absolute necessity.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 12

It's getting there pretty quickly.

The only thing that people seem to be able to connect between CoD and DayZ is the KoS 'situation'. Nothing else.

• Like 1

Whining about whining is stupid, people can whine about whatever they want.

Edited by Forceflare
  • Like 1

You're probably some asshole Bambi killer yourself.

Nope. I help as many players as I can, when possible. I only kill the player if shot upon or if the situation deems killing to be an absolute necessity.

• Like 1

The only thing that people seem to be able to connect between CoD and DayZ is the KoS 'situation'. Nothing else.

CoD saves you the trouble of walking back to your camp and choosing your loadout before selecting the Cherno, Elektro, Stary Sobor, or NWAF maps to deathmatch on.

Or at least, this is what it seems like from observing the average poster/players.

• Like 3

Nope. Alt-F4.

Oh, I forgot about that. Alt-F4ers can be flamed until the end of days.

• Like 6

Then why are the majority of people flaming others, merely because of their play-style?

Because a mod like DayZ has the potential* to encourage a wide variety of player interactions but people like you seem to insist on shitting it up with your generic deathmatch playstyle and the only way to cope with that playstyle is to adopt it yourself, ergo everyone ends up playing Call Of Duty: Chernarus Ops regardless of how they originally intended to play the game.

I don't really care, but I may hunt you down and make your character's life a living hell. I don't have control over your playstyle, and neither does ANYONE else.

This is just a spectacular contradiction.

*it has the POTENTIAL but unfortunately it's missed in the current alpha mod. At the moment DayZ is less of a survival apocalypse and more of an excuse to engage in dickish misanthropic behaviour simply because you can. There are 101 other FPS games for you to go play deathmatch in, bringing that playstyle to DayZ is a tremendous waste.

( I accidently posted myself going off on a tangent. Whoops. )

Edited by LordBeard
  • Like 1

If you really hate those who KoS, then hunt them down.

Uh, watch out there - you are telling people how to play!

Why should people who want to play survival / co-op / vehicle repair / etc have to change their goals

and waste their time trying to attack the snipers and death-matchers?

Doing this wouldn't achieve anything anyway because those guys want more PvP action; they're most

happy when they're running around being shot at like it's Unreal Tournament.

Uh, watch out there - you are telling people how to play!

Why should people who want to play survival / co-op / vehicle repair / etc have to change their goals

and waste their time trying to attack the snipers and death-matchers?

Doing this wouldn't achieve anything anyway because those guys want more PvP action; they're most

happy when they're running around being shot at like it's Unreal Tournament.

What I meant by that is that if they bug to SO much, then doing that would stop the problem--it's a suggestion.

I'm not saying people should change their goals.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

You know Inception does have a valid point, as long as you are not exploiting the game... you are free to play as you wish.

As for the KoS mentality, this in time will either fall off or cause those who "hate" it to quit playing. Trust me a game with no sheep for the wolves will eventually starves them. The death matchers will move on someday when they grow bored. These are the last people game makers should cater to. (for a persistent online world)

• Like 3

You know Inception does have a valid point, as long as you are not exploiting the game... you are free to play as you wish.

As for the KoS mentality, this in time will either fall off or cause those who "hate" it to quit playing. Trust me a game with no sheep for the wolves will eventually starves them. The death matchers will move on someday when they grow bored. These are the last people game makers should cater to. (for a persistent online world)

Exactly!

• Like 1

From my perspective it seems like some people complain about people who KOS because there are so many of them and they might feel forced to adapt to that playstyle when they may rather play diffently. Not everyone is skilled or knowledgeable enough to be able to avoid death while not immediately killing everyone they meet.

Some play styles drastically interfere with the ability of others to play the way they want to play. Is killing everything you see viable? Yes, but it pisses off a really big chunk of the community that didn't download DayZ for the free-for-all PVP experience.

• Like 1

I agree that people have the right to play which-ever style that fits them. If you have a problem with those who KoS, then go to another server. Simple.

Just give them a back story, Dave Alcott III was an elite sniper with the Navy Seals who was dropped into Chernarus as part of a NATO mission to assist with containing the infected threat. His team was overrun and he tried to protect the mass if refugees fleeing Cherno when he accidentally shot a child mistaking it with a sad. He suffered a psychotic break and now spends his time sniping people in Cherno.

You do realize that "playstyle" is just a term for "shit I like to do," right? Anything you can do within the mechanics of the game is technically fair play if you want to get down to brass tacks. However, I'm not sure where people got this idea that just because they can do something they should be able to without anyone having the right to criticize them.

People whined about spawncampers in other games.

People whined about bunnyhoppers in other games.

People whined about snipers sitting in the woods motionless not playing the game eating cheetos behind the screen while their team did all of the work in other games.

Funny thing about multiplayer games is that you have to take responsibility for your actions with regard to the other players. You are held to a certain regard when it comes to courtesy and decency. You're not "just playing a game" you're "playing a game with other people." So go ahead and do what you want, that's your right. Meanwhile, other people have the right to call you a coward, a reject, or a tool for the actions you have chosen to take. They can even make very vocal arguments about how you personally are ruining the game. And you know what, it's quite possible that you personally are the worst thing to ever happen to the game and gaming in general. You're participating in a group activity, it's quite possible that you are destroying the gaming experience of most of the people you come across just as assuredly as if you had taken a shit in a public pool. If you want to do whatever you want without anyone saying shit about you, buy a copy of Just Cause 2 and shoot some random people in the street. But as long as you remain connected to other players, you have to deal with them hassling and judging your actions and occasionally telling you that you are a total waste of space and you need to go somewhere else.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 7

How does one hunt down a kill on sight player in a game of anonymous and nearly identical character models?

Until they add in a killed by message there will be no way to ever know who did what.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you try too hard when making a thread.